Login

russian armor

Coh2 post patch performance

31 Oct 2015, 15:56 PM

They said on the stream. There shall be no optimization patch, EVER.

What they said is that there will not be one single-hugeass-optimiziation-only-patch that will fix everything instantly. So I presume they meant doing small optimizations throughout all patches. Which makes sense I guess.
31 Oct 2015, 16:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Only have problems with games that go past the 40 minute mark, which sees lower fps from that point on. Still can't run it on 60 fps constantly and that is with a i5 3570 k at 4.5 GHz and a GTX 970 running at an overclock value of 1520 MHz :foreveralone:

Can run any other game fully maxed with effortless 60 fps :foreveralone:
31 Oct 2015, 19:43 PM

Heh, they produce stuff like commanders, new factions and stuff u can buy, so they can support this game. Well, relic's idea of supporting this game is producing even more content they can sell, and not on optimization, there is no money in optimization. And knowing relic's capabilities if they try to optimize this game, they will make it worse. So maybe they are making a optimization better with not touching it, good guy Relic. (just my brainfart ;)
I wonder how will they sell CoH3.

31 Oct 2015, 20:02 PM
Patrion 14

In the main menu I actually noticed a huge fps gain. But in the automatch screen with the radar it suddenly drops to 20...
31 Oct 2015, 22:51 PM

Gsync has been working fine for me. Sure it's not a bunk driver install or something?

Definitely sure, I did a clean driver install using DDU when trying to fix it. It occurred on my old 970 and my new 980ti. I could reliably avoid crashes when booting the game by alt entering during boot, which caused it to switch to windowed mode. Then others posted similar symptoms and we realized g sync was the culprit. Not always, it used to work without issues but some patch about six months or a year ago or something stuffed it up, either that or a new set of Nvid drivers in that same time period, or combination thereof.

All crashes stopped when I manually told Nvid control pannel to not use G-sync on CoH2.exe. Prior to this, it crashes at a rate of nearly 100% unless I did the alt+enter trick - which worked because G-sync does not apply to windowed programs, only to fullscreen ones. The problem occurred during boot, not during gameplay, so you could go fullscreen again once you booted up. We reported the problem but no idea if it got fixed.

Not sure why you are unaffected, but there were multiple other G-sync users in the same boat as me based on postings in the bug reporting section.
1 Nov 2015, 00:16 AM

Definitely sure, I did a clean driver install using DDU when trying to fix it. It occurred on my old 970 and my new 980ti. I could reliably avoid crashes when booting the game by alt entering during boot, which caused it to switch to windowed mode. Then others posted similar symptoms and we realized g sync was the culprit. Not always, it used to work without issues but some patch about six months or a year ago or something stuffed it up, either that or a new set of Nvid drivers in that same time period, or combination thereof.

All crashes stopped when I manually told Nvid control pannel to not use G-sync on CoH2.exe. Prior to this, it crashes at a rate of nearly 100% unless I did the alt+enter trick - which worked because G-sync does not apply to windowed programs, only to fullscreen ones. The problem occurred during boot, not during gameplay, so you could go fullscreen again once you booted up. We reported the problem but no idea if it got fixed.

Not sure why you are unaffected, but there were multiple other G-sync users in the same boat as me based on postings in the bug reporting section.

Weird. I get the rare crash here and there (mostly in the menus ) but other than that it's been working great for me.
2 Nov 2015, 12:18 PM
Donator 11

Got this issue fixed now with some changes to sysconfig.lua
2 Nov 2015, 13:28 PM

What they said is that there will not be one single-hugeass-optimiziation-only-patch that will fix everything instantly. So I presume they meant doing small optimizations throughout all patches. Which makes sense I guess.

Wich basically means going around subject and tell us that the optimization won't ever take place in fact.

Lelic I am just a click away of quitting your game. First, this balance messing up which carries on today dispite your "balance" patch. Fine, I can find my way even in these conditions if the game would run properly. But this will never happen? This is to much, realy.
2 Nov 2015, 13:31 PM

It was great around month ago when I bought new PC.
Everything was running smoothly.

Right now I can count FPS on my fingers, especially in automatch screen. It is terrible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★