Login

russian armor

I Feel Soviets Failed Thematically.

31 Oct 2015, 10:30 AM

I feel like you watch too much Hollywood films about Eastern front.
31 Oct 2015, 11:13 AM

the biggest problem with soviets was/is the waiting untill a superheavy comes , if someone ddnt know a thing about ww2 he d think that the mbt was the is2 instead of the t34 . As for the thematic failure i tink its not that bad although it would mke for pretty poor balance if relic tried to apply the analogy of troops and equipmentin 44 to their game . In fact i think they did a decent job , soviets do tend to have a bigger army than the germans and they do have lots of indirect fire for barrages which afaik was a thing in the eastern front . The 2 units i think are not authentcally represented are t34s and conscripts , they needed to be more numerous and more effective . I mean its just not possible for anyone to think eastern front without the ubiquitus t34 and yet it hardly ever appears on the coh2 battlefield
31 Oct 2015, 11:51 AM

I feel like you watch too much Hollywood films about Eastern front.

Too bad CoH2 is a Hollywood game about Eastern Front :snfPeter:
31 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM

Too bad CoH2 is a Hollywood game about Eastern Front :snfPeter:

It's true.
CoH1 single player campaign was successful because it was based on the "Band of Brothers" and "Saving Private Ryan"
CoH2 single player campaign failed because based on stereotype "Enemy at the Gates"
31 Oct 2015, 20:48 PM

By the middle of 1944, the Red Army only outnumbered the Wehrmacht by a small margin. So in order to ensure they had the numbers to achieve an operational success in an area, they used elaborate deceptions to conceal what they were up to, and tried to trick the Wehrmacht into allocating manpower elsewhere.

Operation Bagration is a good example of that, and led to a crushing German defeat where they lost an entire Army Group and had a huge hole in their front line. All because the Wehrmacht fell for the deception and moved the bulk of their forces out of the region of the Ukraine. The deception was so successful the Soviets enjoyed a roughly 3-to-1 ratio in tanks and assault guns, and 2-to-1 ratio in personnel and field guns.

tl;dr Red Army liked to win fights through out-numbering their enemy, but they had work for it and be smart about it.
31 Oct 2015, 20:58 PM

Soviets actually need a way to upgrade cons into frontovyky squads to make them resemble their late war veterans.
31 Oct 2015, 21:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

tl;dr Red Army liked to win fights through out-numbering their enemy, but they had work for it and be smart about it.

I am surprised I have literally never heard about outnumbering someone this way in pretty much any media. Outnumbering is pretty much a short-hand for heartlessness and poor tactics in said any media.
31 Oct 2015, 22:55 PM

Soviets actually need a way to upgrade cons into frontovyky squads to make them resemble their late war veterans.

That's what veterancy for.
1 Nov 2015, 03:36 AM

I think that we're expecting too much from the base game.

Tbfh, I'd say that you're better off hunting for a mod that gives you what you want, because a modder will, frankly, do it better. If we [modders] set our minds to making something historically accurate, we'll be anal-retentive about it. I mean, like this level of anal-retentive:

Outside of that, your best bet would me a Men of War title (and even they take some artistic liberty in their execution of stuff). Lelic is out to make an ESport RTS, not a realistic simulator. This is the unfortunate, sad truth. But, they do give us [modders] the tools to CREATE as accurate of a 'simulator' as we're able.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★