Login

russian armor

Are Grenadiers any good anymore?

29 Oct 2015, 23:44 PM

30 mp reinforce.
Can't fire on move.
4 man asking to be wiped.
Poor poor mid-late game survivability due to vet bonus disparity.
Can't fight well except in cover,can't build cover.
Fausts no longer the same utility.

I find this unit is just too lacklustre to be much good anymore.With wehrmacht ur better off relying on osttruppen or pzgrens.Overall bad state of wehrmacht infantry particularly lategame.
Still i'm often told how its a 'fantastic' versatile unit with superb scaling .

Just me or other wehrmacht players get the feeling too that grenadiers are just poor now?

29 Oct 2015, 23:48 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Not at all. Wipes are unfortunate but that's due to units clumping up.
29 Oct 2015, 23:50 PM

30 Oct 2015, 00:03 AM

i sincerely believe that you can listen Luvnest about this subject.
30 Oct 2015, 06:51 AM

I dont know but my basic build order is SCAS : mg42 gren gren gren , 222 , pak , gren , sniper , sniper , gren spam + some paks :snfPeter:

Also place as mamy tellers as you can and this build order works.
And it cant work if lmg grens were not good
30 Oct 2015, 06:55 AM

I do feel that they can use a bit of survivability buff, but the rest is fine.
30 Oct 2015, 14:18 PM

To me the worst is the fact they can't really pick team weapons + are terrible at finishing off retreating AT guns etc. Also they are too dependent on cover. They should be able to buid cover themselves. Its quite funny to give really strong tommies the ability to build sandbags and not to give it to a relatively weak unit which is terrible at fighting without it. The worst is how mapcover dependendent and predictable you become because of it.
30 Oct 2015, 14:55 PM

get rekt by OP vet 3 rifles -_-
1 Nov 2015, 19:00 PM

Today I stole an mg and a mortar with US rifles. It's as easy as stealing a cookie from a child. Ost has no way to really counter it. The OPness of USf 1v1 is just ridiculous.
2 Nov 2015, 04:02 AM

Grenadiers dont win games, mg42s do. Grens are there to contribute dps and cap points.

I believe mg-gren-gren-mg to be the best build for holding your side of the map against the USF

Grenadiers don't cut it anymore. This isnt vanilla, USF and brits will just crush you if your fighting force consists majorly of grenadiers.
3 Nov 2015, 09:27 AM

Having grens as meatshields with LMG42s and having your snipers deal the damage works well, grens aren't as viable anymore as they used to be but they're not bad either
3 Nov 2015, 15:08 PM

I've found that Osttruppen tend to fill Grenadiers role better nowadays; neither of them can really stand toe-to-toe with Allied infantry and the Osttruppen 6 man squad provides utility and durability.

Combining osttruppen screens with support weapons and tanks/pumas in behind as support works much better for at least me personally than relying on grens on in the latter stages of the game.

I'm using mostly Mobile Defense doctrine so that might of course telll something about my style of play :D
3 Nov 2015, 15:20 PM
Donator 11

I've found that Osttruppen tend to fill Grenadiers role better nowadays; neither of them can really stand toe-to-toe with Allied infantry and the Osttruppen 6 man squad provides utility and durability.

Combining osttruppen screens with support weapons and tanks/pumas in behind as support works much better for at least me personally than relying on grens on in the latter stages of the game.

I'm using mostly Mobile Defense doctrine so that might of course telll something about my style of play :D

Ostruppen were always the right choice vs usf. And now with their bonus working in buildings they are even better. Only usf doctrine that counters ostruppen spam is rifle company.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
Korea, Republic Of 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment