Login

russian armor

Relic Stream - October 28

28 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM
Benefactor 392

Nobody with a working brain will buy this excuse of a commander.

lucky my brain don't work then
28 Oct 2015, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 18:30 PMGiaA
This thread is a good example of how hypocritical this community is.
Commander doesn't seem op at first glance: "Never gonna buy that shit"
Commander looks OP: "Relic is destroying this game with their P2W dlc policy but I'm gonna buy and abuse the commander anyways."
lololol

And you are probably the guy protecting relic. How about they release not OP and not UP commanders? Or this is too much to ask for? British commanders are not OP (and OP shiet gonna be toned down), while they are still powerful.

Pershing commander is not OP probably, but its very powerfull. OKW commander is garbage. Every single ability is garbage. So please before calling any one hypocritical, think why community acts like this. If community asks for new commanders, but relic release shitty commanders, community could be mad and this is normal reaction.
28 Oct 2015, 18:37 PM

Its not about it not being OP. Far from it in fact, the new unit the flame hetzer is quite clearly garbage. Useless vet, and is overpriced. Sturmpioneer flamethrower is nothing special, only good ability is recoup losses which is just stupid for other reasons. Stuka strike is decent but expensive. Commander rating: 4/10

So you have played it ? Because judging a commander before having played it/seen it in an actual game is pretty stupid.
28 Oct 2015, 18:40 PM
Patrion 14

Some dudes in the chat asked about optimisation and relic said "nope" .... in a long sentence :banana:

If only they would only take a look into the optimisation :*(:*( PWEASE!! This is a backbone of the game... Fix it SwiftRage
28 Oct 2015, 18:43 PM

And you are probably the guy protecting relic. How about they release not OP and not UP commanders? Or this is too much to ask for? British commanders are not OP (and OP shiet gonna be toned down), while they are still powerful.

Pershing commander is not OP probably, but its very powerfull. OKW commander is garbage. Every single ability is garbage. So please before calling any one hypocritical, think why community acts like this. If community asks for new commanders, but relic release shitty commanders, community could be mad and this is normal reaction.

Brit commanders not OP ? Croc ? Commandos ? Avre ? Nuke arty that destoys entire armies ?

The new OKW commander is definitely stronger than some of the current OKW commanders it might need some tweaking but at least it's not gonna screw over the entire game for several months like it used to be when new commanders were released. If you want relic to release balanced commanders there's always a risk that they're slightly too strong/weak but I would much rather take that risk instead of having a new tiger ace.
28 Oct 2015, 18:47 PM

btw is it just me or is the flamer on sturms just a waste of munitions?

brad sent 3 Sturm pios with flamers vs 4 cons and they killed only 4 models before retreating!! lol just lol
28 Oct 2015, 18:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 18:43 PMGiaA

Brit commanders not OP ? Croc ? Commandos ? Avre ? Nuke arty that destoys entire armies ?

The new OKW commander is definitely stronger than some of the current OKW commanders it might need some tweaking but at least it's not gonna screw over the entire game for several months like it used to be when new commanders were released. If you want relic to release balanced commanders there's always a risk that they're slightly too strong/weak but I would much rather take that risk instead of having a new tiger ace.
lol how do you know its strong? You just told me how nobody has played it. How is this shit commander any good? How its the flame hetzer that costs 135 fuel with no turret and no vet gain at all a good unit lol.
28 Oct 2015, 18:53 PM

They should maybe rename the okw commander to "Firefart" :rofl:
28 Oct 2015, 18:59 PM

What's about this Recoup losses? It is working on volks only or what? What's wrong with it?
28 Oct 2015, 19:01 PM

They should maybe rename the okw commander to "Firefart" :rofl:

:thumb:
28 Oct 2015, 19:04 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 18:59 PMFrost
What's about this Recoup losses? It is working on volks only or what? What's wrong with it?

It works on every infantry unit(don't know about vehicles) and it gives you roughly 87% of the reinforce cost of that unit back as manpower.
28 Oct 2015, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 18:43 PMGiaA

All you mentioned are going to be toned down.

Stronger then what? Like all OKW commanders are stronger then this new one. Maybe Special Operation commander is weaker ... well, not weaker but lets say "on pair", and this commander sucks ass. Here is some fast facts why this commander suck:

1) Insanely muni dependent.
2) Volks already have flame nades to deal with garrisoned units. "its not very cost effective" is questionable, because using this new commander force me to use more then 1 sturmpio AND i'm left without ANY elite inf tanks. Not to mention that "its not cost effective" to pick commander just to counter this maxim in building and then play without any useful stuff ... but hay you countered maxim.
3) I have to rely ONLY on obersoldaten later on, since I wont have effective AI inf (and we saw how much time hetzer need to kill someone). So again I have to spend muni even on obersoldaten (who sucks btw)
4) Hetzer comes too late AND cost hell of a lot fuel AND Pop-cap.
5) Brad said that overall stumpios performance with flame is the same as without flame. And they are even weaker with flames against targets out of cover. And if they are weaker\the same then whats the point? Sturmpios are useless AI inf past first 5 mins.
6) Recoup losses ... well, not like OKW is the least MP starved faction, but it also cost you 80 muni.
7) Salvage commander already provide Jaegers, arty which destroying howitzers, AI tank (which is cheaper AND more effective then hetzer) AND gives you tough salvage.
8) HEAT shells got fixed and now they are finally useful AND this commander have Sturmtiger - heavy blob counter.
9) Rocket barrage ... mkay, you could save 100 fuel, have a Hetzer and then spend 200 muni per Stuka zu Fuss barrage, with SAME sound, with FLARES, with SAME damage. Fair trade.

So again how this commander is useful sorry? This commander cover only one area - OMG ENEMY IN BUILDING BURN THEM. But there is 10001 way to deal with them using correct OKW. Its not about UP\OP commanders, its about commanders which simply dont worth picking, since there is hell of a lot other commanders which can be effective in different situations, not on 1 out of 10 games.
28 Oct 2015, 19:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Q
28 Oct 2015, 19:06 PM
Patrion 14

interesting comm.

i mean it might be UP but so is OKW.
28 Oct 2015, 19:10 PM

Nobody with a working brain will buy this excuse of a commander.

Is clearly better than most OKW commanders.

Flamehetzer is a good Anti Infantry unit that is not paper and useless waste of resources like flak half-track, its a bit too expensive in fuel but that can be fixed later.

also

I think the 'recoup losses' ability will make sturmpioneer/obersoldaten viable.

By doing a free trial to try them out proves that they are confident about the commanders strength

we can only guess now but

try before buy, which we can. that's how it should be
:thumbsup:

p.s.: i expect more commanders :wave:
28 Oct 2015, 19:10 PM

If hetzer is bad than this commander is useless.
28 Oct 2015, 19:12 PM

All you mentioned are going to be toned down.

Stronger then what? Like all OKW commanders are stronger then this new one. Maybe Special Operation commander is weaker ... well, not weaker but lets say "on pair", and this commander sucks ass. Here is some fast facts why this commander suck:

1) Insanely muni dependent.
2) Volks already have flame nades to deal with garrisoned units. "its not very cost effective" is questionable, because using this new commander force me to use more then 1 sturmpio AND i'm left without ANY elite inf tanks. Not to mention that "its not cost effective" to pick commander just to counter this maxim in building and then play without any useful stuff ... but hay you countered maxim.
3) I have to rely ONLY on obersoldaten later on, since I wont have effective AI inf (and we saw how much time hetzer need to kill someone). So again I have to spend muni even on obersoldaten (who sucks btw)
4) Hetzer comes too late AND cost hell of a lot fuel AND Pop-cap.
5) Brad said that overall stumpios performance with flame is the same as without flame. And they are even weaker with flames against targets out of cover. And if they are weaker\the same then whats the point? Sturmpios are useless AI inf past first 5 mins.
6) Recoup losses ... well, not like OKW is the lest MP starved faction, but it also cost you 80 muni.
7) Salvage commander already provide Jaegers, arty which destroying howitzers, AI tank (which is cheaper AND more effective then hetzer) AND gives you tough salvage.
8) HEAT shells got fixed and now they are finally useful AND this commander have Sturmtiger - heavy blob counter.
9) Rocket barrage ... mkay, you could save 100 fuel, have a Hetzer and then spend 200 muni per Stuka zu Fuss barrage, with SAME sound, with FLARES, with SAME damage. Fair trade.

So again how this commander is useful sorry? This commander cover only one area - OMG ENEMY IN BUILDING BURN THEM. But there is 10001 way to deal with them using correct OKW. Its not about UP\OP commanders, its about commanders which simply dont worth picking, since there is hell of a lot other commanders which can be effective in different situations, not on 1 out of 10 games.

Uhm, well if this commander is as weak as you think it is it's gonna get changed too wtf is that logic. As I said even if a commander isn't op as fuck at relaese it's still possible that it needs some changes.

28 Oct 2015, 19:12 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 19:10 PMJadame!
If hetzer is bad than this commander is useless.

So yes the commander is useless.
28 Oct 2015, 19:17 PM

So yes the commander is useless.

So Company of Allies continues.
28 Oct 2015, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 18:30 PMGiaA
This thread is a good example of how hypocritical this community is.

Commander doesn't seem op at first glance: "Never gonna buy that shit"
Commander looks OP: "Relic is destroying this game with their P2W dlc policy but I'm gonna buy and abuse the commander anyways."

lololol

Couldn't have said it better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight