Login

russian armor

Brens on Commandos, is it worth it?

25 Oct 2015, 06:22 AM

Honest question, is it better to have Commandos run around with just smg or is it beneficial to throw Brens on them? Same goes for Airlanding officer.
25 Oct 2015, 06:40 AM

Nothing objective, but I would doubt it now; however, if the speculation regarding the incoming Sten gun nerfs is true, then I imagine so.
25 Oct 2015, 07:31 AM

Arnt Commandos able to shoot their Brens on the move unlike other squads
25 Oct 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 07:31 AMmedhood
Arnt Commandos able to shoot their Brens on the move unlike other squads

Yeah they can, so can officer
25 Oct 2015, 09:37 AM

With the patch we have now ( dont know how it is going to be after 29) I have tried equip them with brens but dont see that much difference. So i have concluded its not worth it.

Yes they can fire on the move with brens. It is maby usefull on bigger maps where you sometimes cant get close with commandoes and your fighting mid\long range, but still you can only give them a max of two brens. If your up against lmg gren your still is going to loose 1vs1.

They are very good at ambush and close range without brens and that is the only use the commandoes. just Use the ammo for demo charges or give someone else brens
25 Oct 2015, 15:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The Bren gets really good stats when it's on commandos(can't remember off the top of my head but the Bren becomes xx amount more accurate when equipped on commandos.
But at the same time, it's pointless to mix short range and long range upgrade IMO. The suppressed weapon effect is also something you don't want to give away, sound is everything in this game.

Sometimes commandos can wipe stuff before a voice cue is even heard, which makes the silenced stem all that more important.

You also have to realize that a Bren isn't nearly as good as a sten at point blank(which is where most of your Dps will be)which ruins your ambush potential.

However if you give 0 fucks about ambushing and you want British obers, you'll NEED at least 2 brens and preferably vet2 to give them some "reach" damage wise. Then they basically turn into an A-move squad.

But sections already perform in a BETTER way with two brens and vet, so it's kinda pointless to give your commandos brens that your sections should have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★