Login

russian armor

State of axis in 1v1

23 Oct 2015, 01:33 AM

It feels really shitty

Right now it feels like they are only a few viable strats for axis in 1v1, and they all involve cheese.

Whenever i play axis, I feel like I am either being run over or pulled apart, allied infantry of all factions swarming everywhere, wining all the firefights and then I struggle for a small piece of land.
If I win, its because the other player threw, or because my sniper racks 49 kills.

Something feels wrong. Axis isnt appealing to play and appear to have no advantages, only downsides.

and cheese. lots and lots of cheese
30 Oct 2015, 00:09 AM

The key to playing Axis (and ultimately the reason I suspect people are struggling) is that your mainline infantry are simply weaker and less numerous than the allies, and thus you need to rely more on support weapons and light vehicles in the early/mid game.

It's a very different playstyle, yet there's so many people who build four volksgrenadiers or grenadiers and pretend they are playing USF. It's baffling, and not at all surprising that it doesn't meet with as much success.

30 Oct 2015, 00:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 01:33 AMUnited
It feels really shitty

Right now it feels like they are only a few viable strats for axis in 1v1, and they all involve cheese.

Whenever i play axis, I feel like I am either being run over or pulled apart, allied infantry of all factions swarming everywhere, wining all the firefights and then I struggle for a small piece of land.
If I win, its because the other player threw, or because my sniper racks 49 kills.

Something feels wrong. Axis isnt appealing to play and appear to have no advantages, only downsides.

and cheese. lots and lots of cheese

keep ur pio close to mg, micro ur pio soo that they see the enemy, n set up mg..pio acting as a scout for early game for mg,

i try to use that on kubel but it doesn't feel like pio + mg42 cause basicly kubel is =Pio n mg42 in 1 package but less dmg n suppression

the rest of Axis gameplay is unknown as i fail to proceed to mid n late game as OST, same goes to OKW
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment