Login

russian armor

Anyone having any success with OKW vs ANYthing?

18 Oct 2015, 17:30 PM

Literally getting face rolled by every single faction right now. Especially Soviets and UK.

Anyone discovered any new playstyles/strategies for beating any/all factions?
18 Oct 2015, 17:47 PM

Can't see your playercard, so I have no idea what level opponents you're facing. If you're new to OKW I'd just remind you that your initial combat power is pretty limited, especially against Soviets or USF. They can honestly cover the whole map early. You need to play with focus. A kubel and sturmpios together can make a great harassing combo, especially if your volks are focusing on holding something critical (probably fuel). Also, remember that with volks you will almost always need a numbers advantage and good micro.

If you survive the early game on even footing when it comes to tech and resources you'll probably be in a good spot later.

If that doesn't help go watch some replays.
18 Oct 2015, 18:31 PM

I've been doing alright with them but I have a relatively unorthodox build.

Dane casted a game recently vs alcoholic that kind of shows what I do. Open with double sturmpio, follow up with a Kubel and then either a volksgrenadier or a raketenwerfer. (I get both, bit which one I buy first depends.). Then I get mechanized as my first truck and get a flak halftrack. Then I get a puma and a medic truck for ISG/Flashlight HT. I build some more folks or mg34's in between fack ht and other stuff.

The one thing I struggle with is early AT nades since they're a free Kubel kill more or less so you gotta play very conservatively with it.
18 Oct 2015, 19:18 PM

Can't see your playercard, so I have no idea what level opponents you're facing. If you're new to OKW I'd just remind you that your initial combat power is pretty limited, especially against Soviets or USF. They can honestly cover the whole map early. You need to play with focus. A kubel and sturmpios together can make a great harassing combo, especially if your volks are focusing on holding something critical (probably fuel). Also, remember that with volks you will almost always need a numbers advantage and good micro.

If you survive the early game on even footing when it comes to tech and resources you'll probably be in a good spot later.

If that doesn't help go watch some replays.

Nice tips, thanks. My playercard should be eblow my AVI there. I've been watching plenty of replays. Mostly struggling vs Sovs/UK. VS UKF I've been going very volk heavy and playing almost like USF vs OST. Fighting hard for early map control and multi harass/pushing.

I've been doing alright with them but I have a relatively unorthodox build.

Dane casted a game recently vs alcoholic that kind of shows what I do. Open with double sturmpio, follow up with a Kubel and then either a volksgrenadier or a raketenwerfer. (I get both, bit which one I buy first depends.). Then I get mechanized as my first truck and get a flak halftrack. Then I get a puma and a medic truck for ISG/Flashlight HT. I build some more folks or mg34's in between fack ht and other stuff.

The one thing I struggle with is early AT nades since they're a free Kubel kill more or less so you gotta play very conservatively with it.

I like the idea of opening Kubel but vs UKF it gets countered by the unit its supposed to counter (sniper) and is pretty useless in terms of suppressing IS behind any kind of cover before it takes too much damage.

I assume this build is VS Soviets? If so i can see how that could be strong. Maybe ill start playing with Kubel some more vs Sovs.

18 Oct 2015, 20:32 PM

Yeah now that I think on it I can't think of playing any matches as OKW vs Brits. Only soc and American. Matchmaking gods don't want me to I guess.

I would still get a kubel I think though.
18 Oct 2015, 22:00 PM

I normally go mechanized against Soviet or USF but battle group against UKF. Thanks to sniper and resistance to suppression both kubel and flak track are less helpful against UKF.

Two sturmpios can be risky in terms of man power... Not so much now that their reinforce cost has been reduced, but they tend to drop models quickly unless the enemy is suppressed.
18 Oct 2015, 22:24 PM

I normally go mechanized against Soviet or USF but battle group against UKF. Thanks to sniper and resistance to suppression both kubel and flak track are less helpful against UKF.

Two sturmpios can be risky in terms of man power... Not so much now that their reinforce cost has been reduced, but they tend to drop models quickly unless the enemy is suppressed.

Yeah that's why I like the synergy with kubel/flack halftrack. It makes pios extremely scary for them. Also good on maps with lots of flanking opportunities. Less so on something like Angoville though.

It also means twice as much mining and sweeping, which is always good too.

19 Oct 2015, 16:21 PM

Well I've been having relatively good success on open maps with the Kubel vs Soviets, but any map with any kind of important close-quarters areas i simply lose. EVERYTHING we have in close quarters simply SUCKS in the mid game.

I was owning a Soviet player on Arnhem Checkpoint earlier, great map control thanks to the kubel and sturm harass in the early game - but he just wittled me down on points in the end because its impossible to hold the VP's that require short range units to hold. Arnhem, La Gleize, Angoville - any where there's an important position to take/hold, short range shines. WTF are we supposed to do when our Sturms are so costly to reinforce, so fragile and often carrying a mine-sweeper further decreasing their usefulness. Shock troops come so early and melt Volks / Fusiliers / Sturms. Fusiliers are our only decent staple unit, meaning no MG suppression. How can we constantly rely on 2vs1 scenarios (flank sturm + volk engagements) when our units are more costly and fewer?

Has anyone tried the STG44 upgrade on Obers, is it any good? Do they come too late regardless?
19 Oct 2015, 17:21 PM

I dont recommend kublewagon agains soviets because soviets will ansver this by going m3 or maxims and both can easily kill kubel.

Also early vehilceas are really strong agains OKW.

But i also think replay will be needed because you play in different "league" , so i can give you advices and theorycraft but until i see if youre attacking his cut off , are you placing your medic hq well , your flakhq well etc.

SOME HINTS:

kubel - good vs USA
sturmpioneers - go double only in close quarters maps ro agains brits or youll bleed like pig.

Volks are good agains cons when in heavy cover and need help of pios or house to win agains IS or riflemen.

Also i dont recommend mechanized these days because 1. you loose healing = mp bleed = map control and flaktrack is weaker than fast luchs. Puma is good , but only agains light vehicle play , if he goes only infantry youre screwed.

I recommed this build order for begining.
3 volks
medichouse
raketen
2 mg 34/ 2 panzerfull
flak hq
luchs
jp4
what you need
19 Oct 2015, 20:13 PM

I dont recommend kublewagon agains soviets because soviets will ansver this by going m3 or maxims and both can easily kill kubel.

Also early vehilceas are really strong agains OKW.

But i also think replay will be needed because you play in different "league" , so i can give you advices and theorycraft but until i see if youre attacking his cut off , are you placing your medic hq well , your flakhq well etc.

SOME HINTS:

kubel - good vs USA
sturmpioneers - go double only in close quarters maps ro agains brits or youll bleed like pig.

Volks are good agains cons when in heavy cover and need help of pios or house to win agains IS or riflemen.

Also i dont recommend mechanized these days because 1. you loose healing = mp bleed = map control and flaktrack is weaker than fast luchs. Puma is good , but only agains light vehicle play , if he goes only infantry youre screwed.

I recommed this build order for begining.
3 volks
medichouse
raketen
2 mg 34/ 2 panzerfull
flak hq
luchs
jp4
what you need

Thanks Hector. I will come back and post some replay(s) when i've got some i feel i could benefit from.

Which faction is that BO for?
20 Oct 2015, 13:00 PM

3 Replays, 3 factions. All pretty good opponents.

UKF feels impossible to me. I had strong map presence and control but inevitably lose to a Cromwell > Croc combo. We all know Croc is beyond imba but some kind of strategy to mitigate its effectiveness would be nice.

USF/Soviets just need some solid work to get better i think.

Input appreciated!

20 Oct 2015, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 13:00 PMdTox
3 Replays, 3 factions. All pretty good opponents.

UKF feels impossible to me. I had strong map presence and control but inevitably lose to a Cromwell > Croc combo. We all know Croc is beyond imba but some kind of strategy to mitigate its effectiveness would be nice.

USF/Soviets just need some solid work to get better i think.

Input appreciated!

Alright i can look at those replays in saturday , if you want to wait i can do it for you ? if no ask someone other , we have lot of great players that one to help you :)
21 Oct 2015, 12:11 PM

Sure man if you feel like watching them go for it. These reps are open to anyone who'd be willing to offer some insight.
21 Oct 2015, 13:15 PM

100% agree with this thread, Been having a lot of trouble with OKW for a couple of weeks now, been going x3 Volks,Medic HQ LEIG,RAKEN,Panzer HQ, Luchs, Ober with Special operations doctrine,Jadgpanzer/P4 then panther command tank, The games either go one way or the other for me at the moment if I loose pretty much anything i'm screwed!
24 Oct 2015, 07:32 AM

I ll watch them today. Just make sure to tell me about them until sunday , I often forget :)
24 Oct 2015, 16:20 PM

AGAINS SOVIETS

do you have some elite comamders (eg scavenge doctrine)

Alright so lets begin.
He was not all that better than you , if he was clever he could defeat you at 7 minute with fast 70.
You could have defeat him if you dont loose so many squads and if you went p4 instaed of luchs.
Also dont spam fallshirmjagers they bleed to much mp.
Your army composition mid game could have be nice if you have at gun to support it (3 vols + double pios + 2 mgs are really formidable.)

Early game. Defend your house , you lost it constantly and that really hurt you
Also go and cap with your 3rd vloks squad while 2 and pio will defen that house and maybe harras if enemy is bad.

When m3 come out you have no counter to it.

Also i found may engangemets there you win but you not capitalize on them (after big win attack his cutt of with full force , capture houses and then back cap with your other units - 10 minute when you was capping instaed of attacking his cut off)

also mg is peashoter , dont attack houses to it it deal litle to no damage.

In okw you need to focus more on one side early and harras him.

Also you flak hq was placed bad , you can placed it between hedges so it can cover one fuel and it will die only to long attack.

You float MP so much , one time you had 800 Mp in bank , if you use it you can push him from map.

Really his micro was not that great he got to many sqadwipes mid game and also he went bad build order - only ai infantry into t4 , that could be punished hard by fast luchs but for that you need map control adn for that you need important houses.

Also place some mines in house entrances , its guaranteed squadwipe.

Also t 34 /76 hardly ever kill pupeten , you could hav not retreat with it

He also have no at guns , when he overextends his t34 finish it even in his base he cant kill your jp4 in other source than t34 (and that is now badly damaged)

Also why you let your jp4 to sit so long near ptrs shooters in the end ? it was obvious that you will loose it

Also dont go commader so fast , agains his army composition jp4 + panzerfussiliers would go such great job ,

Oonce again , you could have win if you was more agressive , if you exploid his weeknesses and if you choose better comamder and does not loose important houses and units.
25 Oct 2015, 10:29 AM

AGAINS SOVIETS

Awesome, thank you for taking the time to watch my replay and offer feedback Hector. I do need to attack cut offs way more you are right, i focus on taking points instead of denying my enemy and back capping.

I feel like the Luchs is necessary vs Soviets to bleed his manpower with such high infantry counts. You think i should just hold out for a P4 instead?

RE: Flak HQ, isn't it a bad idea to place it in spots where AT guns can blind fire it? If i place it between the hedge he can get an AT gun at the VP and shoot it down?

Again thanks for all the other tips, i will keep them in mind next time.
25 Oct 2015, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 10:29 AMdTox

Awesome, thank you for taking the time to watch my replay and offer feedback Hector. I do need to attack cut offs way more you are right, i focus on taking points instead of denying my enemy and back capping.

I feel like the Luchs is necessary vs Soviets to bleed his manpower with such high infantry counts. You think i should just hold out for a P4 instead?

RE: Flak HQ, isn't it a bad idea to place it in spots where AT guns can blind fire it? If i place it between the hedge he can get an AT gun at the VP and shoot it down?

Again thanks for all the other tips, i will keep them in mind next time.

clever player will attack ground with at guns behind shot blockers so it does not do much job either.

Also he had not tier 2 = no at guns to fire at your hq

it depends on situation (p4 vs luchs)

if you are wining rush lcuhs , instaed go p4 + jp4
26 Oct 2015, 00:46 AM

i think its about time i join this thread,
i need help, at 1st i was like doing ok with OKW, to get to rank (2v2) 500 was easy,

then all the sudden, i get rape realy hard where i lose all hope to play OKW, right now i keep losing reaching 1.2k rank

when i play other Faction (all allied,)
i can win, i mean i can move around the map with ease, n flank and all,
but with OKW

i keep getting my self Contain is certain place, where i cant even push anywhere,
i try to follow my teamate, but end up losing all the map,

when i focus on my side, we also lose the map control,
i dont know how to play OKW now,

try to stick with teammate end up lose, split push end up lose,
:guyokay:
3 Nov 2015, 18:25 PM

i do pretty well when i make 4 volks then a flak halftrack
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
unknown 3
Russian Federation 5