Login

russian armor

Anyone having any success with OKW vs ANYthing?

15 Nov 2015, 15:30 PM

I think the safest overall strat is Luftwaffe with T1 into flak HQ, then generally P4.

OKW can struggle Vs inf and having early Mgs then flak HQ gives good map control, or at least some! Then p4 can dish heavy inf damage while still helping shreks and rakketens Vs mediums.

Luchs might be good, but its so much riskier as vehicle snare + medium or at gun spells its doom.

There are several strategys I like the idea of staying only medic truck and using call in tanks plus JP4. I loved that strat with old elite armour for P4s. Ive tried it with oswind, but failed. Its just really hard to maintain map presence if you dont have Mgs and or flak HQ.
17 Nov 2015, 16:30 PM

I think the safest overall strat is Luftwaffe with T1 into flak HQ, then generally P4.

OKW can struggle Vs inf and having early Mgs then flak HQ gives good map control, or at least some! Then p4 can dish heavy inf damage while still helping shreks and rakketens Vs mediums.

Luchs might be good, but its so much riskier as vehicle snare + medium or at gun spells its doom.

There are several strategys I like the idea of staying only medic truck and using call in tanks plus JP4. I loved that strat with old elite armour for P4s. Ive tried it with oswind, but failed. Its just really hard to maintain map presence if you dont have Mgs and or flak HQ.

Against Brit, pure T1 => Ostwind can totally work, JLI + volk is enough to hold back IS until Ostwind hit the field and Jpz IV is an excellent AT + anti-emplacement unit.
17 Nov 2015, 16:43 PM

Been playing just OKW this week and my ranks dropped from 300 to 700.
18 Nov 2015, 05:45 AM

Been playing just OKW this week and my ranks dropped from 300 to 700.

500 to 1k here
18 Nov 2015, 06:26 AM

500 to 1k here

1.2k to 1.6, and it was only 3 rounds too.... lol

Playing USF got me 4 wins in a row, and the best part? I was being out played as well. All I need to do is blob rifleman, fire smoke at MG, then rush. No need for tactics or anything, just rifle spam, then call out a Sherman and Jackson to seal the deal.
18 Nov 2015, 07:04 AM

1.2k to 1.6, and it was only 3 rounds too.... lol

Playing USF got me 4 wins in a row, and the best part? I was being out played as well. All I need to do is blob rifleman, fire smoke at MG, then rush. No need for tactics or anything, just rifle spam, then call out a Sherman and Jackson to seal the deal.

yeah USF infantry is the best, right now im plaing just Sov to rank up, as i dint see ppl use Sov these days n kinda need some training with Axis as its alot harder now, my most feared Faction is ost, i cant play with them, i just cant micro their unit lol
18 Nov 2015, 07:06 AM

I think only option how to win agains USA is Prostruppen spam with lot of S-mines , commad bunker and pak wall
18 Nov 2015, 10:03 AM

I think only option how to win agains USA is Prostruppen spam with lot of S-mines , commad bunker and pak wall

I have failed the fatherland, I need to learn the way of the Prostruppen xD

YOU CANT EVEN OSTRUPPEN AS OKW TOO :(
18 Nov 2015, 10:27 AM

spam 5 Volk goes with 2 reken, save ur Muni for Mine, n Upgrade only 1 volk with Shrek.. Volk die soo easy soo dont waste 90 muni on Volk,

n Plus since the flame nade n Molotov got nerf, It hardly Counter Unit inside Building,
i got a match where the player spam Maxim n im having a Hard time killing it even with Flame Nade,

it doesn't kill Maxim inside Building anymore, Its RNG base

i win that match by lucky the player was a noob, after i throw the nade he dint even take his unit out, that's how i know Flame nade dint kill Unit inside building, i need to spam 2 nade for 1 unit,

which i have limit Muni to Throw nade
18 Nov 2015, 12:35 PM

As Ive been having that hard a time with conventional OKW strats, Ive been getting more desperate.

To make up for the woeful lack of AI early on, Ive started doing a T2 opening. Early kubel with S pio to harras their early capping. Volks cap.

Convert muni to fuel (probably for whole game) Get early Flak HT, use it to hold a good half of the map. Ive been doing ok with it, just position it kinda like you would a Flak HQ, i.e. use shot blockers to protect it, but where it will cut flanking rifles to shreds. Always reposition it to prevent enemy from ambushing it. Once you have smoke unlocked, be ready at all times to hit its control group and hit smoke, as an AT gun will kill it so fast (2 shots).

When you get your second truck, back teck immediatley to T1 for medics (usually just in my base, unless large map).

Go Scavenge doctrine and pop JLI into buildings near engagements to help you swing it in your favor. Also use them to harass enemy fuel (I also need to remember to use booby-trap points more). But if they send many squads, just retreat, rather than have them wiped.

As soon as you get 8 CP, call an Ostwind, yes thats before building T3 (flak HQ).. this allows you to be more mobile and more aggressive !!!

This build is fighting fire with fire (allied aggresion, with your own aggresive anti inf build).

For AT, you want a combination of good mines, shreks and rakketens, all must be used well. With munis being converted, I use the shrek price bulletins and save nearly all muni for shreks, after maybe 2-4 mines.

You are relying on bleeding them so much and crippling their map control, that they wont field too many vehicles in a hurry. If you keep the flak HT alive when you get a Ostwind, it gets brutal.

If the game is going your way, you will have fuel flooding in, and now its not a big deal to build T3, which you can afford a lot more aggressive placement with than normally, as your map control is way better.

Alternatively, if amour is troubling you, you might just grab a JP4 instead of T3. But its fairly essential that your shreks and rakketens at the very least keep your Ostwind (and hopefully flak HT alive).

Sometimes this can crush allies.. sometimes it might not work, depends if you can dominate, but at least it puts the ball in our court, rather than being at the mercy of wave after wave of rifles.

It does take a lot of practice though, as mistakes with the vehicles is GG.

Also, this goes for the kubel with any strat, really try to keep it alive, then after a while when things get dicey for the kubel to continue fighting, pull it back and stick it behind a shot blocker, and switch on its detection thing, voila, free scouting/detection :) Its a free toggle ability, so you can just forget about it and it will alert you to some of the enemys movements.
18 Nov 2015, 13:49 PM

No one is actully playing OKW in tounament and I as stategist want to help pople in tournaments so i tell then : dont play OKW

But if you want to play them in normal automatch I recommed:

Agains brits.
3 vols 2 Spios
Medic house - agressive , leight
Lot of mines
falk HQ on you fuel / cut off
double luchs covered by raketens

Agains USA
kubel , 3 volks
medichouse
spam JLI
build mechanized hq
call in puma
wait for oswind

Always spam lot of mines

Agains soviet tier 1
Hold of with raketen and 3 volks
go for fast flaktrack
and panzerfussiliers.
Try to get puma to stop suchka spam
tech for p4 or panther depend on enemy comamder

agains cons spam
go medics , 3 volks 3 HMG
raketen
survive until lcuhs and then go what you need

agains tier2
3 volks
medics
leigt
Spam JLI
raketen
tier 3 and luchs
go what you need depen on enemy army composition (jp4 > suchka , p4 > t70,t34/76, panther = is2, t34/85)

Hope this helps you

Agains USA you can also go with 3 vols , 3 hmg , mines and puma into oswind but it requires more micro
18 Nov 2015, 16:20 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS