Login

russian armor

UKF Forward Assembly change suggestion

18 Oct 2015, 04:48 AM

Currently the UKF Forward Assembly is very weak and at a odd spot. this thing have 0 armor which even small arms can damage and kill it, also this and mortar pit both dies to 1 OKW flame nade, Mortar pit may live through 1 with Brace and dies on 2nd flame nade, but Forward assembly require you have a engineer to repair in flames to able to save it. i don't see german bunkers dies to 1 Molotov, so i think mortar pit and Forward Assembly should got similar to Bunker stats like armor so it is tougher and harder to be destroyed by flame and immune to small arm fire after all it is a 450MP piece

Also the Forward Assembly gives Coordinated Fire with ultra close radius from the Forward Assembly which is quite dumb and useless. Since UKF emplacements are all have some sort of garrison bonus, why not Forward Assembly have same like have different effect when garrison different unit.

This idea come to me as I reading Dullahan's thread ask about inconsistent healing with brits in late game like it needs a IS with medic close to your infantry near it to heal, which is some time is quite annoyed. http://www.coh2.org/topic/43040/brit-mid-to-late-game-healing

Like if garrison (only in effect if garrison full sq)
a IS with medic pack or medic, will provide auto heal to infantry around it
(heal rate is about same as OH medic bunker)
a IS with Pyrotechnics Supplies able triple the range of the coordinated fire from Forward Assembly.
(still require vision)
a Royal Engineers will able to repair vehicles around it. (since it is only 210mp per sq)
with no upgrade only 2 repairman, with minesweeper or heavy 3, with both upgrade 4
a Sniper will provide detection like Valentine to detect surround flanks
same range as valentine so it let UKF player make risky decisions
a commando will give a fire rate increase aura and receive accuracy buff aura
a landing officer will give a defense and accuracy buff aura

what you guys thoughts?
18 Oct 2015, 04:54 AM

its fine compared to other emplacements,emplacements in coh2 in general have taken back seat
18 Oct 2015, 07:38 AM

I think that would give the building too much utility. A health buff is really all that's needed.
18 Oct 2015, 10:09 AM

You want to make the Brits even stronger late game? Jesus Christ no.

Just make it so it doesn't have to be upgraded and 250mp and it will be fine.
The fact that you have to upgrade it combined with it's cost is what makes it useless now that Brit emplacements were nerfed into uselesness.
18 Oct 2015, 11:20 AM
Patrion 14

The things I would do to get a ostheer forward retreat point.

That thing is fine as it is. 400 MP to retreat back to a safe point closer to the frontlines than all the way back to your HQ? That thing is a massive gamechanger on huge maps.
18 Oct 2015, 11:23 AM

Meanwhile Ost Bunkers get destroyed by a 15munitions ability x)
18 Oct 2015, 11:31 AM
Patrion 14

Meanwhile Ost Bunkers get destroyed by a 15munitions ability x)
<.< >.> I'm out of the loop, what ability is that? Molotov (which didn't destroy bunkers last time I checked)?
18 Oct 2015, 11:35 AM

<.< >.> I'm out of the loop, what ability is that? Molotov (which didn't destroy bunkers last time I checked)?
Well 2 molotovs burn down bunkers.
18 Oct 2015, 11:36 AM

2 does lol
18 Oct 2015, 11:38 AM
Patrion 14

I would say it's ridiculous but 2 molos are the same price as a Volks flame nade so the math checks out :snfBarton: .
18 Oct 2015, 14:21 PM

I like the idea a lot, as long as the buffs are not too strong. IE maybe provide 2 "repair engineers" instead the usual 3 or 4 when an engineer is garrisoned.
18 Oct 2015, 15:34 PM

I would say it's ridiculous but 2 molos are the same price as a Volks flame nade so the math checks out :snfBarton: .

That was my point :)
18 Oct 2015, 22:50 PM

You want to make the Brits even stronger late game? Jesus Christ no.

Just make it so it doesn't have to be upgraded and 250mp and it will be fine.
The fact that you have to upgrade it combined with it's cost is what makes it useless now that Brit emplacements were nerfed into uselesness.

it won't be much strong just little more utility come to their defense. after all forward Assembly is not moving, so garrison a unit in to provide effect is a investment choice UKF will need to make, most UKF infantry is not cheap. 280+30mu to provide some sort auto heal like OH medic bunker. or coordinated fire range fire from forward assembly, (even triple range is still not much maybe around same range with OH mortar range(but it will spend 45 mu to force off mortar team to retreat)

although 210mp Royal engineer for auto repair is kind cheap maybe if garrison with normal royal engineer will proivde 2 repair guys, heavy royal engineer or with minesweeper upgrade will provide 4. sniper, commando and landing officer is huge investment in MP to get a effect only around the forward assembly. so i don't think it will be much added into the UKF late game, also garrison unit still take pop space. so it will be 1 less unit in battlefield.

also i believe if those bonus are in, the sniper, coordinated fire, commando, landing officer buff may result UKF player to make risky decision to make it too forward.
18 Oct 2015, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 14:21 PMakula
I like the idea a lot, as long as the buffs are not too strong. IE maybe provide 2 "repair engineers" instead the usual 3 or 4 when an engineer is garrisoned.

2 is kind too slow, OKW repair HQ gives 4, but 210mp is kind cheap for auto repair maybe with minesweeper upgrade or heavy package will give 3 and with heavy package and minesweeper will give 4
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★