Login

russian armor

OKW Flak Defenses

Hat
17 Oct 2015, 05:40 AM

Just curious about peoples perspectives on this. All of the other factions have Hmg bunkers but OKW has flaks.

It seems like this gives them an advantage in early-mid game since you can't attack their base with vehicles without taking a high amount of damage.
17 Oct 2015, 06:01 AM

Gotta keep their special snowflake status
17 Oct 2015, 06:15 AM

I agree with horase. It's the thing that makes it special.
17 Oct 2015, 06:33 AM

It's bad, both for OKW player and for the opponent.
17 Oct 2015, 08:16 AM

I feel like this is balanced by the fact that their production structures are most useful when deployed outside their base. (Well medic truck can do either job.) Being closer to the front with healing/reinforcement is useful, as is repair and having a bofors tech building is also useful for map control. If all your trucks are in the HQ sector you're not taking full advantage of OKW.

Also the guns being decrewable can be sometimes hilarious. I've never been able to do it but I always thought it'd be funny to capture all the guns in the early game with smoke/grenades and win the game that way.

17 Oct 2015, 10:02 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2015, 05:40 AMHat
Just curious about peoples perspectives on this. All of the other factions have Hmg bunkers but OKW has flaks.

It seems like this gives them an advantage in early-mid game since you can't attack their base with vehicles without taking a high amount of damage.

Yeah but you can snipe them to death and even capture them, which you can't do to mg bunkers. Since OKW has no snipers and Soviets and Brits do, I think it is a pretty stupid design to begin with. Next to this, USF has smoke and can smoke the Flak 'defensive' emplacement and nade it.
17 Oct 2015, 10:09 AM
Patrion 28

pretty sure they made them not snipeable and/or not captureable by the enemy. i distinctly remember some patch notes about it from a couple of months ago.

the construables can be decrewed and taken though.
17 Oct 2015, 10:12 AM

Permanently Banned
pretty sure they made them not snipeable and/or not captureable by the enemy. i distinctly remember some patch notes about it from a couple of months ago.

For real? Oh I had the constructable ones in mind, since they are the same with dealing no damage whatsoever. Must admit, haven't had a situation where my OKW base sector was attacked by vehicles or infantry in a long long time.

Thanks for clearing that up! :thumb:
17 Oct 2015, 10:16 AM

I think they should just be removed with regular MG-Bunkers. Since they got access to them in Def-Commander it wouldn't even be incoherent or anything.
17 Oct 2015, 10:28 AM

Flak Emplacement saved my day once agasint Brits :lol:

I was so close win 3-8VPs but I knew that if I lose VP I'm not going to come back. I put emplacement the moment commandos arrvied to take that VP.
Wiped them all :romeoHype:

But honestly, make it unable to decrew. Just like a normal bunker, with health and it will be OK.

Oh, and remove fuel cost (add ammo or increase MP cost) and remove pop for this (because there is IIRC).
17 Oct 2015, 10:44 AM

Some fun facts about flak emplacement (the doctrinal one):
- Buildable only on friendy territory
- Buildable only on connected territory
- It's flak gun often hits ground (same as flak HT)
- It's operated by two members
- If 1 member is killed, sniped (yes u can snipe them), second runs away (like mortars) :foreveralone:
- It's doctrinal
- You actually pay fuel for it :guyokay:
- It's more common to see soviet M-42 AT than flak emplacement

Let's take a moment of silence for all brothers that actually build it :snfPeter:
17 Oct 2015, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2015, 10:44 AMslother
Some fun facts about flak emplacement (the doctrinal one):
- Buildable only on friendy territory
- Buildable only on connected territory
- It's flak gun often hits ground (same as flak HT)
- It's operated by two members
- If 1 member is killed, sniped (yes u can snipe them), second runs away (like mortars) :foreveralone:
- It's doctrinal
- You actually pay fuel for it :guyokay:

Let's take a moment of silence for all brothers that actually build it :snfPeter:

But britz emplacements so uselessssss
17 Oct 2015, 12:35 PM

All you need to do is just orah and molotov then , they dont supress :/
17 Oct 2015, 14:23 PM

Almost 360 degree arc bunker with suppression would be insane :o But now building flak emplacements cripple you more than enemy :p
17 Oct 2015, 18:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

USF should have their base MGs removed (you don't need those extra ones) and OKW should have normal MG bunkers (IB4 special snowflake and resources)

Built Flak emplacements should either be mini Bofors (regarding efficiency) or they should just remove fuel cost, popcap and undecrewable unless 5% health.
17 Oct 2015, 18:34 PM

Nothing like a free AA base weapon and just watching your p47s crash after 1st strafe because no reason.
17 Oct 2015, 19:20 PM

Nothing like a free AA base weapon and just watching your p47s crash after 1st strafe because no reason.

Get your facts right before posting. They dont shoot down p47s after 1 strafe. AA base weapon got nerfed ages ago:

@June 23rd Update

Flak Base Defenses
Another common concern we’ve seen is that OKW’s default AA is unfairly advantageous when compared to all other factions that are required to spend resources to build AA.
OKW base Flak Gun chance to shoot down aircraft has been reduced to 0.5%

17 Oct 2015, 20:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2015, 19:20 PMslother

Get your facts right before posting. They dont shoot down p47s after 1 strafe. AA base weapon got nerfed ages ago:

Isn't it like there's a small chance of shooting down the aircraft for every shot against it? So theoretically, that could happen, but if it does, clearly RNGesus just really hates you and your entire family?
17 Oct 2015, 20:12 PM

I've decrewed and captured them just recently. Albeit decrewed with centaur so they could have overlooked it.
Hat
17 Oct 2015, 20:26 PM

They do suppress.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak