Login

russian armor

Panzerwerfer Garrison Damage

16 Oct 2015, 20:03 PM

As much as I agree that seeing the Panzerwerfer be useful is a good thing, is it really intentional to make this wipe out garrisoned units as fast as the bugged centaur or Bofors? This thing is extremely dangerous to anything garrisoned in a building or a trench. Should this be allowed?
16 Oct 2015, 20:11 PM

Permanently Banned
As much as I agree that seeing the Panzerwerfer be useful is a good thing, is it really intentional to make this wipe out garrisoned units as fast as the bugged centaur or Bofors? This thing is extremely dangerous to anything garrisoned in a building or a trench. Should this be allowed?

Considering all the anti garrison capabilities the Ostheer has, I think it could be towed down or altered so it does more damage to the building than to the actual unit.

Just my zwei cents
16 Oct 2015, 20:23 PM

Ostheer many options to clear garrisons?
16 Oct 2015, 20:38 PM

ok so my opinion to buildings:

buildings are the only mechanic in coh which has annoyed me right from the start.
they provide far sight range and excellent cover. besides units inside micro themselves. that s why many players rush for certain key houses at the start of the game.
buildings add nothing to strategic depth. they are just boring and lame. once someone is inside a building, the game gets undynamic an somewhat dull too, because a portion of the map is temporarily unavailable. houses have no disadvantage. they make your unit better and thats it. FOR NOTHING. buildings just reward lazy players and campers. also the hopping inside and outside of a building which happens frequently in micro battles is annoying.

imo the sight increase from a building is enough benefit, they shouldnt be better cover than green cover on top of that.

thats why i dont unterstand why they nerf flamer dmg against houses again. if anything, all anti garrison weapons do TOO LITTLE damage
16 Oct 2015, 21:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ostheer many options to clear garrisons?

My sarcasm detector might not be working. The answer is yes and it's fine.
snip

Garrison accuracy:0.55
Garrison damage:0.5

Heavy accuracy:0.5
Heavy damage:0.5

Green cover is slightly better than garrison cover.
Use green cover and shoot from the side with less windows.
16 Oct 2015, 23:19 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Garrison accuracy:0.55
Garrison damage:0.5

Heavy accuracy:0.5
Heavy damage:0.5

Green cover is slightly better than garrison cover.
Use green cover and shoot from the side with less windows.

Random note I want to pitch in on this. Garrison cover cannot be ignored by closing in. Example of this would be the left house on Khlodney Ferma near the left player's spawn. Even if you're behind that stone wall you'll not get your cover bonus. Same goes to using the yellow cover fences on the building's flanks.

thats why i dont unterstand why they nerf flamer dmg against houses again. if anything, all anti garrison weapons do TOO LITTLE damage

Flamers also tend to hit every model in the house. So if you increase the damage you come closer to what we had not too long ago of flamer 2-3 bursting down entire full health squads in the structure.

As for the PW on buildings if it's instant killing needs to be toned down, but I haven't seen it to truly make a proper judgement.

17 Oct 2015, 00:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Random note I want to pitch in on this. Garrison cover cannot be ignored by closing in. Example of this would be the left house on Khlodney Ferma near the left player's spawn. Even if you're behind that stone wall you'll not get your cover bonus. Same goes to using the yellow cover fences on the building's flanks.

Yeah, those are extreme examples. It's more tricky in Semoisky middle.
17 Oct 2015, 00:19 AM

Is the panzerwerfer destroying squads while the house still stands or is it outright destroying buildings?

the latter is acceptable where as the former should be adjusted
17 Oct 2015, 00:41 AM

Permanently Banned
I mean yeah katyusha does the exact same thing. But since panzerwerfer unloads all its rockets quicker its gonna rape buildings faster.
17 Oct 2015, 04:17 AM

Is the panzerwerfer destroying squads while the house still stands or is it outright destroying buildings?

the latter is acceptable where as the former should be adjusted
I had two PIAT-armed Royal Engineers Sections inside a Factory Building (Really big) with around 80% Hitpoints, fending off a Panzer 4. The Rocket strike came and wiped the entire garrison and the building knocked down to around 25% health.
17 Oct 2015, 06:45 AM

I mean yeah katyusha does the exact same thing. But since panzerwerfer unloads all its rockets quicker its gonna rape buildings faster.

Unfortunately it rapes the units inside the building and not the actual building cuz LELIC. It would be best if ballistic and explosive weapons deal damage to building (like they were before) instead of killing the units inside.
18 Oct 2015, 15:45 PM

I like that buildings are strong as it provides a focal point for clashes and makes territory valuable for more than just its resources. It isn't like flames or grenades aren't readily available to each faction, also indirect fire. If anything buildings were actually bigger strong points and harder to clear in real life. Battle for Stalingrad took months and months of block to block, brutal fighting because you couldn't simply run a flame squad up to building and eviscerate it's garrison in a few seconds. Now obviously we don't want to make it that hard to beat building but there should be valuable strategic territories that give
Its occupants a material advantage and are worth fighting for even if it isn't a fuel or munitions point
19 Oct 2015, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2015, 06:45 AMRMMLz

Unfortunately it rapes the units inside the building and not the actual building cuz LELIC. It would be best if ballistic and explosive weapons deal damage to building (like they were before) instead of killing the units inside.
Those weapons' did hurt the building and unit at the same time before. It's just building itself became more susceptible to explosive damage after the patch(which is made long time ago.)
If explosive weapons were made to can't damage inside(or damage inside extremely small amount), mortar won't be able to clear garrisons neither.

Maybe damage all garrison stuff that Centaur currently have is also applied to here. I didn't check though.
And I'm not sure Katy do the almost the same thing or not...
19 Oct 2015, 07:52 AM

Those weapons' did hurt the building and unit at the same time before. It's just building itself became more susceptible to explosive damage after the patch(which is made long time ago.)
If explosive weapons were made to can't damage inside(or damage inside extremely small amount), mortar won't be able to clear garrisons neither.

Maybe damage all garrison stuff that Centaur currently have is also applied to here. I didn't check though.
And I'm not sure Katy do the almost the same thing or not...

Target Tables...
19 Oct 2015, 08:01 AM
Patrion 14

+1 I like your thinking.
19 Oct 2015, 13:08 PM

I would like to see clashes for strategical buildings, like fighting inside the building in CQ.
19 Oct 2015, 13:23 PM

Panzerwerfer was so crappy untill not so long ago, that even if it would perform OP like hell I wouldn't blame it to much....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 34
United States 8
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak