Login

russian armor

PG being incapable of anti-inf with the double shrek upgrade

16 Oct 2015, 05:21 AM

Really?were not gonna talk about this?Cos buying a inf anti-tank squad with 340mp and 120 muni that has relatively high reinforcing cost is just not weird in any sense?
And this situation has been goin on like ever since the Beta test 2 years ago.Is this working-as-intended or just another su-76 case?
16 Oct 2015, 05:45 AM

Really?were not gonna talk about this?Cos buying a inf anti-tank squad with 340mp and 120 muni that has relatively high reinforcing cost is just not weird in any sense?
And this situation has been goin on like ever since the Beta test 2 years ago.Is this working-as-intended or just another su-76 case?

So what you're saying is that you want to spam one squad all game and it kills tanks and infantry? Sounds like blobin noob skills, attack move to win
16 Oct 2015, 05:50 AM

Some one suggested to have a toggle button like the Sturmpios minesweeper. I liked that idea.
16 Oct 2015, 05:50 AM

So what you're saying is that you want to spam one squad all game and it kills tanks and infantry? Sounds like blobin noob skills, attack move to win

is that a rather weird argument indicating this is a l2p issue?
16 Oct 2015, 05:55 AM

Some one suggested to have a toggle button like the Sturmpios minesweeper. I liked that idea.

then someone would ask to have a toggle button on any inf units with hand held at weapons
that's a lame joke

But yeah I mean that's really great solution
16 Oct 2015, 06:25 AM

+1
16 Oct 2015, 06:40 AM

I didn't. Anti-everything units are not the way to go. You have a choice: either you upgrade the shrecks, either you don't. Either way, pzgrens need to be a reliable AI or AT unit. In the AI sector, they are kind of meh. I mean if you chose not to upgrade them, you need to realy rely on their AI capabilities.
But then, you cannot make them better in the AI sector not by a small margin, because of the river of tears you will see around here (I remember some people around here called them "terminators". Most probably the same guys who think commandos were ok). And then, next month, they will be nerfed into the ground and be worst than today. So thanks, but no thanks.

Edit: Recently I begun to think Relic listening to community does more damage to the game than good.
16 Oct 2015, 07:28 AM

Fortunatly they dont listen to anything and anyone ^^. I think that what people are complaining about is that it is very unusual in a RTS to pay for an expensive unit categorized a "elite" then pay for a very expensive upgrade (120 munition is quite a bunch of grenades or lmg) but actually loosing something in the operation. This is quite frustrating as what we get in the end is a very expensive unit with a weird role.
If you compare with the Volksgrenadiers, you have 4AI guy and one weak ATguy for support to prevent the unit to be armless when facing a tank and preventing the said tank to go unpunished in your lines.
The PGsquad however has 2 AI guys and 2 AT guys, causing a certain confusion when you try to define its role.
Except from this hybrid problem, the upgrade makes the PG the only infantery inherently weak to other infantery with the loss of 1/2 of his AI capacity.
The result is that the upgrade is a too great change of the role of the squad, putting it from the "close/middle range fighter" to the "pure support role, cant do anything alone but helps everybody".
For my part i think the unit is perfect as it is, people just need to realyse what they paid for and what they get,.
Not counting the unit is glorified with the CAS commander as you can afford to build multiples to create tank hunters squad.
16 Oct 2015, 07:32 AM

Permanently Banned

That is pretty much what all allied players want USF Rangers to be. They want their precious rangers to spawn with thompsons and have their bazookas upgrade be able to holster

But if any German player wants spreads this kind of idea, it suddenly is madness :foreveralone:
16 Oct 2015, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 06:40 AMJohnnyB

I didn't. Anti-everything units are not the way to go. You have a choice: either you upgrade the shrecks, either you don't. Either way, pzgrens need to be a reliable AI or AT unit. In the AI sector, they are kind of meh. I mean if you chose not to upgrade them, you need to realy rely on their AI capabilities.
But then, you cannot make them better in the AI sector not by a small margin, because of the river of tears you will see around here (I remember some people around here called them "terminators". Most probably the same guys who think commandos were ok). And then, next month, they will be nerfed into the ground and be worst than today. So thanks, but no thanks.

Edit: Recently I begun to think Relic listening to community does more damage to the game than good.

but you gotta admit its abnormal to spend 340mp and 120muni to get a anti-tank squad with relatively high reinforcing cost.i mean ,the sacrifice is just too big,you gotta pay a lot for the price and reinforcing and you gotta give up the anti-inf capability entirely.its just not worth it
16 Oct 2015, 08:08 AM
16 Oct 2015, 08:22 AM

I'm still mesmerized by the fact that Pzgrens cost 340 mp, just 10 mp less than Commandos.
16 Oct 2015, 08:30 AM

pgrens seem fine to me.
16 Oct 2015, 08:45 AM

You don´t use PGs against infantry anyway. They can´t do anything that LMG Grens can´t do already more cost efficiently. Sure, you can charge a position. But if you outgun the hostile infantry with LMGs, there is no need to charge in.

Pretty much only use them for AT, so the issue of them having bad AI is a rather small one.
16 Oct 2015, 09:00 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Lol wut? In fact there should be more decision making like this. Either you have a dedicated anti infantry squad or you upgrade them to be anti tank. No to toggle.
16 Oct 2015, 09:21 AM

Lol? Is this thread serious?

/close
16 Oct 2015, 09:37 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 09:00 AMluvnest
Lol wut? In fact there should be more decision making like this. Either you have a dedicated anti infantry squad or you upgrade them to be anti tank. No to toggle.

+1 Exactly this. Also it is important to say that in first versions of the game pgs could buy only one schreck if player wanted but then they became a anti-everything squads so relic changed it to single upgrade instead of 2 same upgrades. Now its way better.
16 Oct 2015, 10:15 AM

Lol wut yourself. I agree there needs to be more decisions like this. But there's not so Pgrens are the abnormality. You pay 120 munis for a soft AT unit? You lose half your AI for the upgrade on a four man unit? Something's not correct.
16 Oct 2015, 10:19 AM

Lol wut yourself. I agree there needs to be more decisions like this. But there's not so Pgrens are the abnormality. You pay 120 munis for a soft AT unit? You lose half your AI for the upgrade on a four man unit? Something's not correct.

i wouldnt call a pgren shrek squad soft AT. 2 shreks is quite a bit damage, if both connect its more than a pak shot.
16 Oct 2015, 11:42 AM

Ya know, "dedicated anti infantry squad" sounds strange when you talk about pzgrens... commandos being juuuust a liltle bit more expensive but far, far better....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★