Login

russian armor

Brit sniper and light vehicles?!?

15 Oct 2015, 18:23 PM

Am I the only who thinks a sniper shouldn't be able to mess with vehicles? In one of the latest patches light vehicles get buffed for countering snipers, but the way britisch snipers can harm vehicles its just not a reliable counter i think this need some adjustment. Especialy OKW has a hard time countering UK snipers.
15 Oct 2015, 18:25 PM

Am I the only who thinks a sniper shouldn't be able to mess with vehicles? In one of the latest patches light vehicles get buffed for countering snipers, but the way britisch snipers can harm vehicles its just not a reliable counter i think this need some adjustment. Especialy OKW has a hard time countering UK snipers.

OKW having a hard time countering snipers? SPAM volks and fusiliers!!!
15 Oct 2015, 18:27 PM

I do think they're too good against armour. Even killed a JP4 with snipers Kappa
15 Oct 2015, 18:39 PM

I do agree with OP. I´m not the spammer type and the Kübelwagen is designed to counter snipers. Against Brits it´s useless. And to mention the other problem, the british sniper isn´t very likely to kill units in garrisons due to the ability of harming vehicles/structures. He rather damages the building than the unit...
15 Oct 2015, 19:01 PM
Patrion 14

The Kübelwagen is not exactly designed to counter snipers. It just got some anti sniper capabilities as an after thought.
15 Oct 2015, 19:08 PM

As much as I agree that snipers countering their counter sucks, their place in the UKF army as anti-vehicle is too entrenched due to army design at this point. If you remove sniper AT capability, their AT before late game will be very, very weak. Something else must be buffed if sniper AT is removed.

Despite this, however, I digress to point out the fact that the sniper's weapon, the Boys AT rifle, is already part of the model, and is a defining point for the UK sniper, so I think Relic changing it at this point is close to nonexistent.
15 Oct 2015, 19:51 PM

One possible approach is to make the Boys a munitions upgrade. Until the upgrade is purchased, the Sniper uses a scoped Lee Enfield rifle and functions pretty much like any other sniper. With the Boys upgrade the sniper is no longer 100% accurate against infantry (There's no scope on it, after all), but can now damage light vehicles.
16 Oct 2015, 00:33 AM

No, it's fine. The AT sniper trades ROF and cloak time for anti light vehicle support. Though it should be fixed how it can't miss retreating units.
16 Oct 2015, 00:37 AM

I do agree with OP. I´m not the spammer type and the Kübelwagen is designed to counter snipers. Against Brits it´s useless. And to mention the other problem, the british sniper isn´t very likely to kill units in garrisons due to the ability of harming vehicles/structures. He rather damages the building than the unit...

have u try kubel atking sniper while moving?..yeah i chase him until i get to his base
map was hill 234? i dont remember the map name but its hill alright,

its unreliable,unlike when u chase with 222, or UC or us m20 or even m3 can chase down n shot the sniper,

it just simply press T to survive agains OKW,
19 Oct 2015, 17:03 PM

I do think they're too good against armour. Even killed a JP4 with snipers Kappa

I snipped a Tiger the other day, fired the last shot to end its misery.
19 Oct 2015, 17:09 PM

I've heard there are people who actually believe AP sniper is as good vs armor as relics presentation vid made it seem like.
19 Oct 2015, 17:12 PM

The Brit sniper might be able to harm light vehicles but it in no way counters them. A 222 for example will kill a Brit snipe long before it kills it.

The sniper is really only good at supporting other AT assets, it isn't a counter by itself. So I don't really see a problem here.
19 Oct 2015, 19:21 PM

I´ve killed enough 222´s with snipers even luchs Kappa
19 Oct 2015, 19:26 PM
Patrion 310

MG42's can kill a T-34. Does that mean MG42 should be nerfed?
19 Oct 2015, 19:55 PM

Probably done in the same early access patch where you had the manual facing LeIGs before the rest of us.
19 Oct 2015, 19:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

My two AT snipers lost to a 222 in a 4v4 once
19 Oct 2015, 20:17 PM
Patrion 14

Pro tip on how to counter snipe UKF snipers as OKW:

• Get a Puma

• Get it to vet 1

• Use the aimed shot ability on the enemy sniper.

There, no more sniper.
19 Oct 2015, 20:19 PM

Probably done in the same early access patch where you had the manual facing LeIGs before the rest of us.

Got some hard feelings against me?
19 Oct 2015, 20:20 PM

My two AT snipers lost to a 222 in a 4v4 once

4vs4 is hard life and srs business bro.

topic:

I think its fine since brits don't have snares on their infantry, so they have at least a sniper when early vehicles do havoc in their bases. Or chase low health squads on retreat.

That okw has no "direct" counter for the british sniper, is a problem with okw, not with the brits.
19 Oct 2015, 20:25 PM

The Brit sniper gets to crit light vehicles because the Brits have no snares. The Kubel still devastates the sniper (and often you can get vet 1 before it even comes out), but you need to flank it.

The Kubel is more on the lines of a soft counter to the Brit sniper, instead rely on volks or Fus to take advantage of his limited map presence. Where he has a sniper he will also keep units to support, meaning he is very limited. Or get arty of some sort and hit the sniper.

The Brit sniper is a truly unique and interesting addition to the sniper pool no changes needed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★