Login

russian armor

Holding Lienne Forest as USF (4v4)

14 Oct 2015, 23:54 PM

I've been having a lot of trouble keeping hold of the right side + victory point. I try going Infantry company and mining the shit out of those tight corridors in the forest but I always get muscled out by close combat squads. My stuarts and jacksons always get choked up in the woods. Also everyone tends to focus on the left side victory point in the town, so Im normally left high and dry. I I don't have any of the paid commanders.
I hate letting down my team when I lose the right side and they flank all of our stuff in the middle.
What are some reliable strategies you guys have? (top or bottom)
15 Oct 2015, 00:10 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well should you want to throw money at relic

A pershing and a couple squads of rangers should help you hold it easily.

Otherwise

Thompson paras.
15 Oct 2015, 00:11 AM

Try getting a fifty call or even better running armoured Company. Having one assualt engineer allows you to place mines and even better DEMO TRAPS O' DOOM that will make your opponent absolutely livid. Throw an MG covering a minefield and his sweepers cannot clear the mines forcing him back. The Bulldozer Sherman becomes strong in the confined areas and the M10's can provide some AT in the confined area where Sniping is less important than flanking. I.E. M10's > Jacksons in the forrest. Not to mention cheaper if they're caught out.

Stuarts are not as good and overall it's better to grab Pack howies and AT guns and even side teching to lieutenant for the 50 cals and let the doctrinal armour carry you. Only going to major if you are forced out of the forrest. That's my 4v4 strat for that map. works out all right.

Build order is something like this:

Early Game: Rifle>Assault Engineer> Rifle> Rifle> Frag Grenades> Ambulance

Mid game: Lieutenant> 50 Cal. > Captain > Weapon Rack > M1 57 > M4 Bulldozer > M10 > M4 Bulldozer > Spamming out M10's

Not as sure how strong this is since the USF got buffed but before UKF became my main that was my build order on most 4v4 maps.
15 Oct 2015, 00:49 AM

You should never go infantry company in 4v4 to begin with.

If you single USF player, your purpose is too flood battlefield with infantry and play as aggressive as possible with it to create space for brits. So, rifle company, 1 rifle, 3 call-in rifles, grenades and flamethrowers asap. You should easily destroy your opponents with this build, always spread and always flank, use smoke to advance etc. If you on right side of lienne, you can also forget about existence of other tanks outside of e8s.

In case of double USF, airborne is always good choice to complement rifle co. Builds may wary, but my personal preference is double rifles, and ambulance to heal and reinforce them on the field. Then capt, paras, major and jacksons.
15 Oct 2015, 01:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge

May I point you at:

http://www.coh2.org/guides/33351/8-lienne-forest-perspective

I have observed most play on Lienne to be heavily based around city and mid, and I still think that is the way to go.

Forest is something people take once they have heavy tanks to crush paths. In the early game against Axis the tight paths mean little scope for flanking and a good chance for them to lock it down with MGs and bunkers and I'm not sure the ranges in the forest are good for rifles whereas Sturms, AGrens and especially Shocks dominate.

So don't ignore it, but don't try to hold it - the USF isn't that good at it either, but if you have the chance and want to then fighting position + M2 can hold the VP ok, and tank traps can be handy.

However it's not easier to do that in the forest than simply cover the exits on your side and devote your attention elsewhere

If in randoms you will often be the only USF, and you would be better off using your mobility elsewhere on the map
15 Oct 2015, 01:30 AM

I have observed most play on Lienne to be heavily based around city and mid, and I still think that is the way to go.

And its horrific mistake to do. Every 4v4 map should be played 2 one side 2 another.

If you go triple city on lienne, those double guys from opposite team who went forest will wreck your forest player, then flank you with their entire force, take your fuel, cut off your whole city side, camp buildings on city cut-off point and probably kill half of your armies on retreat as well as deny any reinforcement to your force left in a city. And you would be extremely lucky if they have no hmgs to put in the buildings. All of this for exchange of only possibility pushing 2 city-side players to their own cutoff with marginal bleed.

Well, gl winning game from there on.
15 Oct 2015, 01:37 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 01:30 AMJadame!

And its horrific mistake to do. Every 4v4 map should be played 2 one side 2 another.

If you go triple city on lienne,

I haven't said triple city, I've believe 2 city, 1 mid, 1 forest.

While I acknowledge that you are better than me I can only say that for me I've seen losing the city to be much more dangerous and harder to rectify than losing the forest and whichever side wins the city gets a significant advantage unless they get outflanked through the mid (which happens if two people went to the forest)

Also:

Every 4v4 map should be played 2 one side 2 another.

Really, how do you play Steppes and Lorch?

15 Oct 2015, 02:00 AM

Every 4v4 map should be played 2 one side 2 another.

Really, how do you play Steppes and Lorch?

2 one, 2 another. In case of steppes its fuel and fuel, in case of lorch its ammo and ammo.

There always a way to punish triple siding via exploiting open flanks and uncovered retreat paths.
15 Oct 2015, 07:45 AM

In random vs random, if I start right side (bottom or Top), my Bo is:

- Starting RE go to cap forest, I do not try to hold ground here at the beginning so when I met units, I retreat and build a fighting position around the central point in the forest to hold the line.
- x3 rifle rush mid, cap central VP and hard push on the opposite fuel point. If your direct opponent stay on the wood while you are capping their fuel, that 100% beneficial for you.

The longer you hold their fuel point, the better it is. They will eventually push you back and at that time, you change your objective to taking back the ammo point in the wood and pushing to the VP if possible. Just make sure you have a mine sweeper with you.

Bear in mind that taking their fuel point will also disturbe their supply chain to the city, so you'll indirectly help the left side.

After that, its depend of the game, you can push wood or just hold it while concentrate your fire middle.

Now if you are facing a team as random, you can still do it but if they are good, prepare to be punish hard if you fail or if they see the opportunity to rush your own fuel and cutoff (after all its random vs team, not your fault :D )
Team vs team, just switch position, USF isn't made to play in the wood.
19 Oct 2015, 22:38 PM

i dont have enough experince with usf but as axis player i recommend u make heavy infantries with smoke +AT ,BTw in lierne forst main positions are mid and city
23 Nov 2015, 05:06 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Dude, as USF you are the king/queen of the forest. You have the best infantry and can easily force an axis player out. Just hold the line with heavy infantry and force them to run home crying to their battlegruppe hq or base or mother.
23 Nov 2015, 06:20 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 02:00 AMJadame!

2 one, 2 another. In case of steppes its fuel and fuel, in case of lorch its ammo and ammo.

There always a way to punish triple siding via exploiting open flanks and uncovered retreat paths.

I agree. Triple siding is maybe the most common mistake in 4vs4-games, except for drops and ragequits.

A pack howitzer deals a great amount of damage and manpower loss for the enemy in Lienne Forest, both in the forest/middle-sector and in the city.
23 Nov 2015, 06:33 AM

I've been having a lot of trouble keeping hold of the right side + victory point. I try going Infantry company and mining the shit out of those tight corridors in the forest but I always get muscled out by close combat squads. My stuarts and jacksons always get choked up in the woods. Also everyone tends to focus on the left side victory point in the town, so Im normally left high and dry. I I don't have any of the paid commanders.
I hate letting down my team when I lose the right side and they flank all of our stuff in the middle.
What are some reliable strategies you guys have? (top or bottom)

BARS and SMOKE if MGs are really that bad. Forest is easy for USF. CAPTAIN for light AT and your RE with zooks with CAP for help with AT. 4 zooks shooting at a tank will scare it off until jackson comes.

And if you're mean, PARATROOPERS with Thompsons never hurt nobody, unless you're German :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★