Login

russian armor

Pershing

PAGES (9)down
21 Oct 2015, 20:38 PM

I sense the testosterone levels are rising so can we keep things on track, we're discussing the Pershing, not insulting Relic for providing you all with more content.
21 Oct 2015, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 20:38 PMSwift
I sense the testosterone levels are rising so can we keep things on track, we're discussing the Pershing, not insulting Relic for providing you all with more content.

i didnt insult relic YET you removed my post for the something i didnt do, i just suggested a few changes to the "extra content"
21 Oct 2015, 20:43 PM

Imo Pershing, Tiger, KV-2 should get Hitpoints increase(10%) if cost stays the same.

Because IS-2 has 25% more armor.

it have worst aim...
21 Oct 2015, 20:44 PM

Why is Pershing turret rotation like twice as fast as vet3 Tiger? It gonna be really simple to destroy all tanks in game with this insane turret rotation and accuracy.

Potent gun, fair enough. but the turret rotation that is that fast on a heavy tank :foreveralone:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Pershings hit the battlefield, they had electrical support for a turret, while Tiger remained manual. There was even engagement between Tiger and Pershing (don't remember which city) where Pershing won because its turret was able to rotate much faster than Tiger's so te first shot belonged to Pershing.
21 Oct 2015, 20:53 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Pershings hit the battlefield, they had electrical support for a turret, while Tiger remained manual. There was even engagement between Tiger and Pershing (don't remember which city) where Pershing won because its turret was able to rotate much faster than Tiger's so te first shot belonged to Pershing.

Of the three "engagements" Americans had with Tiger I's, the Pershing lost the engagement it had with one of the tigers. It was knocked out and later repaired, but it lost.
21 Oct 2015, 20:53 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Pershings hit the battlefield, they had electrical support for a turret, while Tiger remained manual. There was even engagement between Tiger and Pershing (don't remember which city) where Pershing won because its turret was able to rotate much faster than Tiger's so the first shot belonged to Pershing.
I remember a vid of a Pershing taking on a Panther, is that what you're referring to?
21 Oct 2015, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 19:52 PMbC_
Those stats aren't finalize as we are still doing internal tuning on them. But they will be in the ball park

Since you guys get so much grief for your DLC design, I'm going to go ahead try to give credit where due. It looks like you found a nice spot for the Pershing in terms of performance and being different enough to not be a re-skinned Panther/Tiger/IS-2. Can't say the same about the rangers but I will reserve judgement until the 29th ;)
21 Oct 2015, 20:55 PM

tiger turret rotation depend on engine work(more More engine rpm - more rotation speed)
is 2 also have electrical support for a turret and in most cases it have more rotation(16 degree rotation per second) then tigers,but the tiger with high rpm have better turret rotation (about 20 per second)
21 Oct 2015, 21:00 PM

Tiger crews, german vehicle crews where well trained. They rotated the turret and the HULL the same time.
Tiger vs Pershing didn't happen afaik.
Pershing saw combat but arrived late... it was over.

The History Channel, where the truth is history.
21 Oct 2015, 21:01 PM

Im just saying what I heard on Discovery someday, when there was a program about Pershing and Super Pershing :P

I'm sure, they said that at the end of the war, Tiger's turret was manual and without gyroscope, while Pershing had both.
As for fighting with Tigers, once Pershing hid in te builidng and was waiting for incoming Tiger. Tiger could not rotate turret fast enough so it was knocked out.
As for the second time, Tiger was reversing behind budiling, Pershing took a shot but missed - hit the building, so the rubble fell at Tiger's turret. Crew could not turn it manually so Pershing easily kill it again.

As for the Panther. There was situation, when Pershing was shooting far far forward at some AT gun position or howie, idk, then Panther appeared behind. It missed or maybe shell bounced, I don't know, but Pershing was able to turn turrent by 180 degree and penetrate Panter frontally.

@UP I hardly belive in well-trained crew at the end of the war, especially when you consider how the crew of King Tiger have lost to Super Pershing ;)
21 Oct 2015, 21:06 PM

Tiger vs Pershing happened at the village of Elsdorf in Germany.

http://www.amazon.de/Western-Front-45-Pershing-Elsdorf-ebook/dp/B00CAY3INU

"Pershing versus Tiger at Elsdorf

The Author tells us how on the evening of February 26, 1945, at the small German town of Elsdorf, west of Cologne, a German Tiger tank knocked out an American T26E3 Pershing tank. A newly developed type of heavy tank armed with a powerful 90mm gun — one of the first batch of 20 that was hurriedly rushed to the European Theater of Opertions and committed on the front of the US First Army to see action before the end of the war."

If i remember correctly the Tiger then reversed and got stuck in a telephone pole and was abandoned. :snfPeter:

21 Oct 2015, 21:08 PM

Tiger crews, german vehicle crews where well trained. They rotated the turret and the HULL the same time.
"After training the tank crews, the T26E3 tanks were first committed to combat on 25 February, with the 3rd Armored Division, in the fighting for the Roer River. On 26 February, a T26E3 named Fireball was knocked out in an ambush at Elsdorf while overwatching a roadblock. Silhouetted by a nearby fire, the Pershing was in a disadvantageous position. A concealed Tiger tank fired three shots from about 100 yd (91 m). The first penetrated the turret through the machine gun port in the mantlet, killing both the gunner and the loader. The second shot hit the gun barrel, causing the round that was in the chamber to fire with the effect of distorting the barrel. The last shot glanced off the turret side, taking off the upper cupola hatch. While backing up to escape, the Tiger became entangled in debris and was abandoned by the crew. Fireball was quickly repaired and returned to service on 7 March."

lol, the pershing lost yet still kind of won.

Funny enough the only other time the USF fought a Tiger was with shermans, and the shermans won.
21 Oct 2015, 21:11 PM

Well I'm plenty excited. This is all i could have ever asked for from an american heavy. You guys are way too focused on heavy vs heavy fights, like it matters. 1v1 heavy fights with 0 support are rare.

Benefits of the Pershing:

1. Can turn to fight really fast, and will be very hard to flank
2. 50 range means you out-range every other heavy at low vet.
3. Mobility lets you avoid AT guns easier
4. Combined Arms lets you self spot and out-range everything except TDs
5. Smoke can be called in anywhere to cover it from AT

With all this I don't give a shit if it can 1v1 a Tiger. Lower health doesn't mean shit if they can't actually hit you.

This.
21 Oct 2015, 21:13 PM

Of the three "engagements" Americans had with Tiger I's, the Pershing lost the engagement it had with one of the tigers. It was knocked out and later repaired, but it lost.

I don't know about vs Tigers but I know of a story of supposedly the only T26E4 Super Pershing engagement with a KT in Dessau and the Pershing won after switching to AP rounds and piercing the ammo hold (I read the article in my Military Heritage magazine referencing an interview with an eyewitness gunner). I later read that according to German military records, there were no KT's within miles of that area during the time it happened so it likely was either a Tiger 1 or Panther or a classic exaggerated re-telling of an engagement.

As others have said, you can't look at things just in 1v1 vacuum. How a tank/vehicle should be measured is it's mobility/firepower/survivability/fit within rest of armor corp/etc. If you just look at Puma for instance on paper, it is decent but nothing special. However in mid game 1 v 1 when there isn't a swarm of armor and AT everywhere like in late game or 3v3/4v4, the Puma (Ostheer, mobile defense) is my favorite unit of all. It hits hard, it has good range and is fast with smoke so it can solo SU-76s, T34's, M4 shermans and if it starts to get into trouble it has mobility and smoke so it is very good at surviving.

TL;DR don't put too much stock into head to head match-ups, face to face with no support on either side as that rarely ever happens in real life or in COH 2. Even when 2 tanks do meet up, before the duel is over one or both sides has usually been able to bring up some kind of AT to try to tip the scales in their favor.
21 Oct 2015, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 18:13 PMKisiel

Thompsons are 90 muni though

On Paras, aren't they? I thought it's free on rangers...
21 Oct 2015, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 21:40 PMFrost

On Paras, aren't they? I thought it's free on rangers...
Nope, they are just really durable rifles.
21 Oct 2015, 21:49 PM

Nope, they are just really durable rifles.

But still, Paras looks better than this (but doctine with P47 is pretty poor in 1v1 anyway)
JLI
21 Oct 2015, 21:55 PM

i would be if USF had some decent AT options which at the moment they don't

m36, m10 an p47 not gud enough to you?
21 Oct 2015, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 21:55 PMJLI

m36, m10 an p47 not gud enough to you?

no because they are in separate commanders with the exception of the M36
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32