Login

russian armor

That moment when an MG 42 enters a vital garrison

14 Oct 2015, 08:37 AM

What about Arty Tommies and the Base Howitzers?

well.. tommy arty works more like a very shitty granade with short range and a terrible inaccuracy.
so you need to execute a flank with two units only to see shells land km away of the buiding...:(
14 Oct 2015, 08:38 AM

What incendiary rounds? A rushed mg42 in an important garrison won't have vet 1 by the time a rushed wasp arrives, so it can't instantly kill it with incendiary rounds, which require vet 1.

Just distract it with another unit and let the wasp roll up as soon as the mg is distracted.

That's not much of a problem to get the mg42 vet 1, by the time Brit player upgrades to the platoon command post and saves 90 ammo and upgrades to wasp
14 Oct 2015, 11:47 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 08:38 AMAladdin

That's not much of a problem to get the mg42 vet 1, by the time Brit player upgrades to the platoon command post and saves 90 ammo and upgrades to wasp

90 ammo, damn that should be 60 max. Nonetheless, like I said, distract it with one thing and flame it with the wasp as soon as the mg42 is distracted.
14 Oct 2015, 11:57 AM

90 ammo, damn that should be 60 max. Nonetheless, like I said, distract it with one thing and flame it with the wasp as soon as the mg42 is distracted.

switching to ur wasp from the distracter is too easy, specially knowing that wasp is on the field and u're aware of that. Wasp is too squishy and you can't afford to lose it just trying to take out garrisoned mg. like I said, basic indirect fire is the counter to that which UKF army lacks (or not viable)
14 Oct 2015, 12:37 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 11:57 AMAladdin

switching to ur wasp from the distracter is too easy, specially knowing that wasp is on the field and u're aware of that. Wasp is too squishy and you can't afford to lose it just trying to take out garrisoned mg. like I said, basic indirect fire is the counter to that which UKF army lacks (or not viable)

Considering the flame damage vs buildings, one good burst or two is all you need. But I tend to agree with you a little. A mobile mortar for the Brits and the USF would be nice and is, in my honest opinion, a must right now. Mortar emplacement should not even be in the game.
14 Oct 2015, 13:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ok well the key is..

You don't have to build a tier with your starting unit like the ostheer does. Rush the " important" garrison. No faction will get to that point/building first besides okw, and they obviously don't have a starting MG that can garrison.

I'm assuming you're talking about 1v1, but this works in those 6v6 modesvtoo
14 Oct 2015, 13:59 PM

Ok well the key is..

You don't have to build a tier with your starting unit like the ostheer does. Rush the " important" garrison. No faction will get to that point/building first besides okw, and they obviously don't have a starting MG that can garrison.

I'm assuming you're talking about 1v1, but this works in those 6v6 modesvtoo

l2Follow the conversation kappa
thanks for teaching us how to play! it's about the mg42 being in the building and good luck taking that out
14 Oct 2015, 14:18 PM

maybe you should smoke and flank
14 Oct 2015, 14:45 PM

All you can do is find green cover from a distance and flank.
I do use howitzer flares, yes most shells miss big but one usually hits. I build a Vickers first to rush/hold a fuel point. sniper is the quickest thing you can get in to clear a building and with a PIAT on a IS helps. Otherwise work other points and rush that centaur .... you won't have MG garrison problems then.
14 Oct 2015, 14:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 13:59 PMAladdin

l2Follow the conversation kappa
thanks for teaching us how to play! it's about the mg42 being in the building and good luck taking that out

The best counter is taking control of the vital building and the area around it before the enemy does. The counters listed are assuming you let them have an important house in the first place. Which vs ostheer, you shouldnt. at least not initially... Which is the only time where i see a problem..

If they get in some sort of house after the fact then the sniper or MAYBE a wasp, is quite a fine counter. Which has already been said. And you should be able to reach T2 fast if you don't let them get a foothold on an important point. Which you do by taking a building or two early on.

And judging by the games I've played against you, yeah you're welcome.
14 Oct 2015, 17:37 PM

If there are nearby buildings you can also garrison an IS+Vickers in that building and use it to clear early MG42s. The IS will soak enough of the MG42s damage for the vickers to setup and engage. If the building you're occupying only has 1-2 windows towards the target building, pull the IS out after the Vickers has started engaging, and get it in the fight. The key is not to give the MG42 the 1-2 free bursts on the Vickers as they're setting up. The combined firepower of a Vickers and IS easily clears an MG42.

Obviously this doesn't work on all maps, and for those you have sniper/Wasp.

16 Oct 2015, 00:19 AM

The best counter is taking control of the vital building and the area around it before the enemy does. The counters listed are assuming you let them have an important house in the first place. Which vs ostheer, you shouldnt. at least not initially... Which is the only time where i see a problem..

If they get in some sort of house after the fact then the sniper or MAYBE a wasp, is quite a fine counter. Which has already been said. And you should be able to reach T2 fast if you don't let them get a foothold on an important point. Which you do by taking a building or two early on.

And judging by the games I've played against you, yeah you're welcome.

but that isnt a counter, u rush that building first with a tommy u have zero of the map capped, because your second unit is an mg to hold that building.

axis will have more units early especially if they went ostruppen so it isnt much of a loss to camp a building early.

honestly brits have nothing effective to counter an mg in an important building it makes there early game trash.
16 Oct 2015, 17:14 PM

There's nothing you can really do on certain maps, good players will exploit this weakness and you will usually lose within 10 mins. I would advise against building a wasp as it leaves you more open to 222's and the flamer HT. Maybe this will change next patch but early game is pretty messed up with brits atm.

Mortar emplacement is too fragile and expensive to be worth it and is more of a luxury.

Try and get some trenches in good locations that will help you hold map control against Ostruppen and MG's, get a sniper or two and an AT gun and try and hold out until centaur.
16 Oct 2015, 19:53 PM

Simply put it, as of now you have no decent anti garrison ability.
Mg42 is able to fend off wasps by simply killing it and a single 22 hard counters it (hope it improves with the patch), tommy artillery sucks, and even a single grenadiers squad is more than capable of repelling RE flanks.
I have never killed a single model with the sniper inside a building.
It seems to auto miss units in buildings.
so is there another way of not losing to an mg in buildings?

Simply put, as Ostheer you have no decent anti garrison ability. Vickers is able to fend off flame pios by simply killing and suppressing them and a single centaur/sniper hardcounters them. mortar sucks and even a single IS can repell grenadier flanks.

so is there another way of not losing to a vickers in buildings?

replace unit names/counters etc. as you please.
18 Oct 2015, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 19:53 PMcr4wler

Simply put, as Ostheer you have no decent anti garrison ability. Vickers is able to fend off flame pios by simply killing and suppressing them and a single centaur/sniper hardcounters them. mortar sucks and even a single IS can repell grenadier flanks.

so is there another way of not losing to a vickers in buildings?

replace unit names/counters etc. as you please.

bait it with grens and plank with flame pios ?

Have you aver seen canteur in first 5 minutes ?

Ostheer sniper with 222 can kill british one and then go for mg

Or just swarm it with ostruppens form all sides cause their dirty cheap ?

Or build mortar :foreveralone:
18 Oct 2015, 19:11 PM

bait it with grens and plank with flame pios ?

Have you aver seen canteur in first 5 minutes ?

Ostheer sniper with 222 can kill british one and then go for mg

Or just swarm it with ostruppens form all sides cause their dirty cheap ?

Or build mortar :foreveralone:

and all that applies to UKF as well...
18 Oct 2015, 19:15 PM

That moment when you rush the building first and you see that little scrub unit stoping infront of you :hansGASM:
18 Oct 2015, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 19:11 PMcr4wler

and all that applies to UKF as well...

yes because british have flamers.

Mobile mortar that doesnt die to one icendiary round and cost only 240 mp

their scout car can kill sniper (LOL), also cost 60 fuel

or their infantry cost 200 Mp
18 Oct 2015, 19:35 PM

yes because british have flamers.

Mobile mortar that doesnt die to one icendiary round and cost only 240 mp

their scout car can kill sniper (LOL), also cost 60 fuel

or their infantry cost 200 Mp

brits do have flamers.

no mobile mortar, but double immobile and lots of arty. their scout car CAN kill sniper and doesn't get directly countered by the ostheer sniper.

osttruppen is doctrinal btw, but yeah, brit infantry is more expensive and just about as effective at clearing houses.

the "problem" remains the same. with the difference that unlike ostheer, brits dont have to build base buildings, so they can enter that "vital garrison" quicker than ostheer (unless you like building units apart from pios and MG42s).
18 Oct 2015, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 19:35 PMcr4wler

brits do have flamers.

no mobile mortar, but double immobile and lots of arty. their scout car CAN kill sniper and doesn't get directly countered by the ostheer sniper.

osttruppen is doctrinal btw, but yeah, brit infantry is more expensive and just about as effective at clearing houses.

the "problem" remains the same. with the difference that unlike ostheer, brits dont have to build base buildings, so they can enter that "vital garrison" quicker than ostheer (unless you like building units apart from pios and MG42s).

handheld flames that doent get instacountered in 5 minute when scout car comes and doesnt come at 12 CPs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS