Login

russian armor

That moment when an MG 42 enters a vital garrison

13 Oct 2015, 21:17 PM

Simply put it, as of now you have no decent anti garrison ability.
Mg42 is able to fend off wasps by simply killing it and a single 22 hard counters it (hope it improves with the patch), tommy artillery sucks, and even a single grenadiers squad is more than capable of repelling RE flanks.
I have never killed a single model with the sniper inside a building.
It seems to auto miss units in buildings.
so is there another way of not losing to an mg in buildings?
13 Oct 2015, 21:54 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Indirect fire si always the way to go
13 Oct 2015, 22:00 PM

Mortar emplacement.

Pyrotechnics 25 lber barrage (kills buildings)

Sniper has to use stop micro, do not right click building.

Bofors barrage.

Infantry section grenades.

AEC.

13 Oct 2015, 22:03 PM

I don't play the UKF very much but I play against them alot. I've had players use vickers and IS at long range in green cover, they usually out dps the mgs and don't get suppressed. Mortor pits can cover a large urban areas but people don't ussually build those in 1v1 games. I don't see why wasps are so taboo now. You can get an at gun out at the 2:30 minute mark so have a wasp and at gun build at the same time and just have the at gun cover the retreat for when and if 222's pop up.

But that's just my opinion though, there's no need to go spreading it around.
13 Oct 2015, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't play the UKF very much but I play against them alot. I've had players use vickers and IS at long range in green cover, they usually out dps the mgs and don't get suppressed. Mortor pits can cover a large urban areas but people don't ussually build those in 1v1 games. I don't see why wasps are so taboo now. You can get an at gun out at the 2:30 minute mark so have a wasp and at gun build at the same time and just have the at gun cover the retreat for when and if 222's pop up.

But that's just my opinion though, there's no need to go spreading it around.
13 Oct 2015, 22:20 PM

Mortar emplacement.

Pyrotechnics 25 lber barrage (kills buildings)

Sniper has to use stop micro, do not right click building.

Bofors barrage.

Infantry section grenades.

AEC.

Is the mortar pit viable in 1v1? In my (mid level) 2v2 experience it rarely justifies its cost.
13 Oct 2015, 22:51 PM

No! My opinions! They're spreading!!
13 Oct 2015, 22:53 PM
Donator 11

if you are losing wasp to mg42 theres something definetely wrong with your micro
13 Oct 2015, 23:07 PM

You should never a-click buildings with British sniper. He wields at weapon, if you order him to attack building, he would try destroy building instead of sniping models inside of it.

Just disable hold fire when you need to kill garrisons and let him auto-attack. He is bugged atm and have 100% accuracy against buildings so you can very well enjoy the show.

if you are losing wasp to mg42 theres something definetely wrong with your micro

It dies to 1 incendiary burst, i dont even use wasps anymore they are too crappy for their cost.
14 Oct 2015, 03:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 23:07 PMJadame!
You should never a-click buildings with British sniper. He wields at weapon, if you order him to attack building, he would try destroy building instead of sniping models inside of it.

Just disable hold fire when you need to kill garrisons and let him auto-attack. He is bugged atm and have 100% accuracy against buildings so you can very well enjoy the show.

It dies to 1 incendiary burst, i dont even use wasps anymore they are too crappy for their cost.

I mean, if you just drive up to the MG42 directly and he toggles it then yeah you'll die.

But if you come from a different angle, spray him and then reverse then he'll burn to death.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 22:20 PMWygrif

Is the mortar pit viable in 1v1? In my (mid level) 2v2 experience it rarely justifies its cost.

I think so, yeah. It's harder to use vs OKW than Wehr though.
14 Oct 2015, 06:32 AM

if granadier with faust protect the flank of the mg you are done.
@jadame
Thx for the pro tip with the sniper!
14 Oct 2015, 06:36 AM

@jadame
talking 1v1 so mortar pit is almost impossible to build
14 Oct 2015, 06:44 AM

Indirect fire si always the way to go

What indirect fire!? Lol

I've been telling this for month that UKF army lacks indirect fire, due to emplacements not being viable because of ISGs and Ost mortars/mortar ht
14 Oct 2015, 07:43 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 06:44 AMAladdin

What indirect fire!? Lol

I've been telling this for month that UKF army lacks indirect fire, due to emplacements not being viable because of ISGs and Ost mortars/mortar ht

What about Arty Tommies and the Base Howitzers?
14 Oct 2015, 08:00 AM

Permanently Banned

It dies to 1 incendiary burst, i dont use wasps anymore they are too crappy for their cost.

What incendiary rounds? A rushed mg42 in an important garrison won't have vet 1 by the time a rushed wasp arrives, so it can't instantly kill it with incendiary rounds, which require vet 1.

Just distract it with another unit and let the wasp roll up as soon as the mg is distracted.
14 Oct 2015, 08:04 AM

Wasp indeed need a buff like 50% of it's old stats. Currently it's just a a shit cannon.
14 Oct 2015, 08:23 AM

Flank it from two sides, indirect fire, focus on other section of the map, smoke, ...
14 Oct 2015, 08:31 AM

What about Arty Tommies and the Base Howitzers?

Even if u upgrade and manage to get that close to drop it, it's the most inaccurate RNG based arty in the game that u can never take that into account, plus after dropping that u have to retreat usually imidiately and enemy troops can repositon imidiately.
14 Oct 2015, 08:36 AM
Donator 11

@jadame

then your not losing solely to garrisoned mg. you wrote like its 1on1 mg vs wasp.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★