Login

russian armor

Way's to improve CoH2

13 Oct 2015, 12:01 PM
Donator 11

Putting balance issues and bugs aside I think there are a few things that I think can improve our beloved game and make it more appealing to a bigger crowd and also improve the CoH2 experience for both old and new players. Some small things and some big things. Here are my list. Please come with more suggestions . I'm sure alot of my suggestions have been suggested before on these forums too. So don't sue me for any copyright issues Kappa

1. A proper in-game leaderboard. A leaderboard where you can search for players by their nickname in game and not just there Steam-ID or Steam User Name.
2. Show everyone's 1-20 level and/or show players place in the ladder on the loading screen. I know that we have that awesome CELO. It shouldn't be needed though.
3. Maybe have two different ladders. One for ranked games and one for un-ranked games. Might be hard to pull this off due to the relatively small playerbase.
4. I would like to be able to search a game as a random faction. Like the way you could do in CoH1.
5. A reconnect button if you loose connection while in a game.
6. Would be nice to see the actual stats on all the units.
7. In a perfect world people wouldn't have to pay for the different commanders, but that's how it is now. They should however bring back the rotation that they had there for a while and the commanders should also be cheaper when they are in the rotation. Skins is just fine since it's nothing that will make or break a game.
8. I have read about this earlier. Seasons. Don't know if it's a good idea or not. Maybe it would be a cool thing actually. Maybe 2-3 season/year and that you can go back and look at your previous season and then try to improve the next season... or something like that. Same goes for different leagues for different skill levels. Good or bad? I don't know. Might be hard to pull off due to the player base?
9. Show actual amount of kills on units. Now we only see a percentage of their efficiency. Would also be nice to see that my first conscript squad had 32 kills during a game before they died. You know how I mean.
10. Last but not least I wished Relic could make smaller patches with less changes so we don't get such a big difference between patches of how units perform. Smaller tweaks more often would be much more preferable and I'm sure that would improve the balance in a more safe way.

What do you think of these suggestion? Anyone have more suggestions? Discuss!
13 Oct 2015, 12:46 PM

13 Oct 2015, 12:53 PM

I wanted to quote you to discuss every single one of your suggestions one by one. But no, they are all pretty good.

There is no single doubt that each one would make the game a bit more entertaining.

Well done!
13 Oct 2015, 12:58 PM

+1 to all of these
13 Oct 2015, 16:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Regarding stats: I'll rather see mp damage done (kills) and reinforcements done by each unit (bleed). On top of that, mp drain through popcap.

On this way you can check the REAL efficiency of each unit.
13 Oct 2015, 17:56 PM

Ways to improve COH2:

Global (fuel based) upgrades
Commander system redesign lol
Indian grenadier voices removed

GG lelic
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 45
Poland 6

Ladders Top 10

• #