Login

russian armor

Stuka Dive Bomb AoE... Has it been buffed indirectly?

15 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 18:16 PMHorasu

Thanks, let me just cancel my retreat... Oh wait.

Oh so you mean that he got vision on your base, called in the barrage with X amount of munitions and then forced a mass retreat of all your infantry to coincide with the bombing run?

In DoW2 if someone managed to throw a nuke in your base, you were already fucked anyway more often than not. The same is pretty much true here I think.

15 Oct 2015, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 18:28 PMHorasu

I'd report you for trolling, but instead I'll give you an English lesson.

If you say 1-2 [noun] then the noun is plural despite the possibility of there being only 1 of something. So when I say 1-2 squads, it can be either 1 squad or 2 squad or anything. Even losing 1 squad to something uncounterable is a travesty in an RTS.

Are you seriously basing your agument over some grammar and spelling? Can I get a more substantive response please? Drop it.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 17:18 PMHorasu

...Why would they want to facilitate recon-divebombing a squads retreating back to their base? That kind of uncounterable gameplay is the single most cancerous thing about this game, and they buff it?

If I say tank, it means 1 tank.
If I say tanks, it means at least 2.
Similar.
If I say squad, it means 1 squad.
If I say squads, it means at least 2.

So when someone says about wiping squads in base, it's obvious that it's, most of the time, about mass blob and mass retreat. Why?
Because timing for 1 squad is really difficult for dive bomb user, whle it's easy to move away 1 squad (not to mention that recon+dive bomb to have a chance to wipe 1 squad is not a good deal and I havent seen it even once during my XXXX hours).
But when you retreat 4 squads which are blocking themselfs in base so you cannot move them away instantly, then it has to be mass retreat.

PS
If it is so easy I'd be glad ti see you doing that without any problmes, each game ;)
15 Oct 2015, 18:38 PM

Oh so you mean that he got vision on your base, called in the barrage with X amount of munitions and then forced a mass retreat of all your infantry to coincide with the bombing run?

In DoW2 if someone managed to throw a nuke in your base, you were already fucked anyway more often than not. The same is pretty much true here I think.

Yes, in case you did not know, you can easily recon your opponent's base with the recon strafe from the same commander. You can then use this vision to drop a bomb. That means from the moment he unlocks divebomb, your base is vulnerable for a nuke no matter what. You might have thought, "you can counter it by not letting your opponent scout your base." Well, there. You can't do that.

It's so quick that you can do it as a reactionary move AFTER your opponents retreat, especially in a large map.

So to answer your question, yes, you can, sincerely, do all of that. You can catch your opponent out, make him retreat, THEN recon his base, and drop a game-ending bomb. All you need is timing, but once you're aware of that, then it's all downhill from there.

Thanks for the questions, I'm glad I could educate just how cheesy this maneuver is.
15 Oct 2015, 18:40 PM

If I say tank, it means 1 tank.
If I say tanks, it means at least 2.
Similar.
If I say squad, it means 1 squad.
If I say squads, it means at least 2.

So when someone says about wiping squads in base, it's obvious that it's, most of the time, about mass blob and mass retreat. Why?
Because timing for 1 squad is really difficult for dive bomb user, whle it's easy to move away 1 squad (not to mention that recon+dive bomb to have a chance to wipe 1 squad is not a good deal and I havent seen it even once during my XXXX hours).
But when you retreat 4 squads which are blocking themselfs in base so you cannot move them away instantly, then it has to be mass retreat.

That's not the post you originally quoted, buddy. I'll be reporting the rest of your posts regarding dumb grammar as both off-topic and trolling.

Also, the quote was "a squads" which is a typo. If you're not 100% dumb, then you are aware that you are twisting words to get at my goat.
15 Oct 2015, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 18:40 PMHorasu

That's not the post you originally quoted, buddy. I'll be reporting the rest of your posts regarding dumb grammar as both off-topic and trolling.

Also, the quote was "a squads" which is a typo. If you're not 100% dumb, then you are aware that you are twisting words to get at my goat.

If it is so easy as you say, please show us some replays where you wipe everything is enemy's base ;)

The ability should just not be allowed to be dropped in bases...like the majority of British call in artillery of mass destruction.

Also, one last word, if you can defend dive-bombing an enemy base, then I encourage you to make a thread to enable UKF's concentrated artillery fire and air superiority to be used in base sectors.

Can't do it? Hypocrites.
15 Oct 2015, 18:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Since we have removed the ability of building Howitzers inside the base, what is stopping us from removing the ability of using offmaps inside it ?
15 Oct 2015, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 18:38 PMHorasu

Yes, in case you did not know, you can easily recon your opponent's base with the recon strafe from the same commander. You can then use this vision to drop a bomb. That means from the moment he unlocks divebomb, your base is vulnerable for a nuke no matter what. You might have thought, "you can counter it by not letting your opponent scout your base." Well, there. You can't do that.

It's so quick that you can do it as a reactionary move AFTER your opponents retreat, especially in a large map.

So to answer your question, yes, you can, sincerely, do all of that. You can catch your opponent out, make him retreat, THEN recon his base, and drop a game-ending bomb. All you need is timing, but once you're aware of that, then it's all downhill from there.

Thanks for the questions, I'm glad I could educate just how cheesy this maneuver is.

And how many hundreds of munitions does that cost?

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 18:43 PMHorasu
Also, one last word, if you can defend dive-bombing an enemy base, then I encourage you to make a thread to enable UKF's concentrated artillery fire and air superiority to be used in base sectors.

Can't do it? Hypocrites.

All artillery should be useable anywhere. Base sector safehaven bullshit is awful.
15 Oct 2015, 19:11 PM

I'll answer that question with my own.

If UKF has an ability for 800 munitions that ends the game in a victory, is that good game design?
What if that ability was in the same commander with a fuel-to-munitions transfer?
15 Oct 2015, 19:13 PM

All artillery should be useable anywhere. Base sector safehaven bullshit is awful.

Alright, well please make a new topic about that, and be sure to mention air superiority and concentrated fire for UKF. I'll watch.
15 Oct 2015, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 19:11 PMHorasu

I'll answer that question with my own.

If UKF has an ability for 800 munitions that ends the game in a victory, is that good game design?
What if that ability was in the same commander with a fuel-to-munitions transfer?

So he's sacrificing huge components of his army (Weapons, grenades, fuel for more vehicles etc) so he can go for a hail mary in your base. Unless you mass retreat all the time you won't be especially vulnerable to this sort of strategy and will have the advantage in every fight because unlike him you aren't banking all your resources in the hopes he can get a nuke off.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 19:13 PMHorasu

Alright, well please make a new topic about that, and be sure to mention air superiority and concentrated fire for UKF. I'll watch.

It's not even worth trying to convince the casual playerbase on this.

This game attracts all the people who couldn't play Starcraft or C&C because they'd get attacked in their base.
15 Oct 2015, 21:14 PM

So he's sacrificing huge components of his army (Weapons, grenades, fuel for more vehicles etc) so he can go for a hail mary in your base. Unless you mass retreat all the time you won't be especially vulnerable to this sort of strategy and will have the advantage in every fight because unlike him you aren't banking all your resources in the hopes he can get a nuke off.

Thanks for ignoring literally almost every point I had been trying to make. If you want a refutations to your flimsy justifications, check my previous posts. You think it's fine for a faction to win a game if they save enough munitions. I don't really have anything more to say to you.
15 Oct 2015, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 21:14 PMHorasu

Thanks for ignoring literally almost every point I had been trying to make. If you want a refutations to your flimsy justifications, check my previous posts. You think it's fine for a faction to win a game if they save enough munitions. I don't really have anything more to say to you.

Your mistake is thinking that it's a free win. The game was already won by the moment he was able to pull that very expensive trigger. If you weren't kicking his ass while he didn't spend any munitions, then you were already losing and just didn't find out until your units exploded.

15 Oct 2015, 21:37 PM

Since we have removed the ability of building Howitzers inside the base, what is stopping us from removing the ability of using offmaps inside it ?

this
15 Oct 2015, 21:53 PM

Not much with CAS.

It's not uncommon to be able to strafe pin infantry, recon, and Stuka DB the base.
15 Oct 2015, 22:37 PM

Not much with CAS.

It's not uncommon to be able to strafe pin infantry, recon, and Stuka DB the base.

You're sacrificing a lot of fuel to do that though.

15 Oct 2015, 22:39 PM

It doesn't matter.
15 Oct 2015, 23:03 PM

Well, there isn't much use for armour when your enemy just lost half his army :D
15 Oct 2015, 23:55 PM

Well, there isn't much use for armour when your enemy just lost half his army :D

It's a gamble. It only works if you can force a mass retreat with an inferior army.

If your opponent spends the same amount of munitions on his own abilities and weapons you're especially going to be behind. (Most players float like crazy though.) He'll have brens, bars or ppsh. He'll have medium tanks, artillery and likely more map control.

I could see it being more of a problem in scrub vs scrub (4v4) but in a real game mode I just don't think it's a big deal because you're trading army value for the opportunity to nuke him in the late game if he retreats everything together.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★