Login

russian armor

Do conscript models keep their vet bonus when merging

12 Oct 2015, 17:48 PM

Quick question about merging. I often find myself wanting to keep my Zis gun at the front lines on a push and if I don't have a vanilla HT near by to reinforce it, I will often merge in a con squad to keep my Zis from being in danger of being de-crewed. Generally I use my least vet con squad since I want my best troops staying on the front line and would rather deplete my lowest vet squad. However, since conscripts get a survivability buff at vet 3, maybe it would be worth it to merge from that squad so my Zis gun would be more durable to small arms fire. Does that work or does merging a con squad into anything else revert the merging models to vet 0 stats? I do know that re-crewing removes the +25% rec. acc. but that is different than merge I am sure right? Thanks.
12 Oct 2015, 18:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

edit Im an idiot
no
12 Oct 2015, 18:09 PM

Yes received accuracy and veterancy is entity specific not squad specific.

***To answer in simple terms,** YES

That is cool...now I have to figure out if it is ever worth it since I would be losing some infantry field presence. Thanks for answer.
If I crew a completely new gun (pak, zis, raketten, etc) with a vet 3 con squad does that mean that those models would also keep their rec acc bonus as new AT crew members? Based upon your previous answer, I woudl think so.
12 Oct 2015, 18:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Im still an idiot :foreveralone:

12 Oct 2015, 18:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes received accuracy and veterancy is entity specific not squad specific.

***To answer in simple terms,** YES
Wait REALLY? So basically merging vet 3 Scripts into weapon teams constantly is easily worth the +5 MP since base received accuracy was moved into target size?
12 Oct 2015, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 18:53 PMVuther
Wait REALLY? So basically merging vet 3 Scripts into weapon teams constantly is easily worth the +5 MP since base received accuracy was moved into target size?

guys is it me or vet 3 cons kinda hard to get suppress?
12 Oct 2015, 19:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 18:53 PMVuther

I'm 100%* idiot

base received accuracy definitely transfers, and that alone is enough to merge constantly. :foreveralone:
12 Oct 2015, 19:25 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'm 69% sure.

The vet modifiers to received accuracy MIGHT go away upon changing squads, I'd have to double check deep into the files. But logically, unless there's a code somewhere that says otherwise, there's no reason for an entity specific property to not transfer everywhere the squad member "goes"

But base received accuracy definitely transfers, and that alone is enough to merge constantly, IMO.

Not sure if the merge action and recrewing cancels out boosts to accuracy, I'd have to test, but received accuracy is a squad modifier for most units in their veterancy, not an entity modifier.
12 Oct 2015, 19:36 PM

And how it actually works if i loose vet 3 zis and then recrew it with shocks and merge with vet 3 cons (after some time the whole gun will be only with cons)

EDIT: I found somewhere on this forussome time ago that conscripst after merging have som tremderous bad stats bu i cant find it no comfirm it
12 Oct 2015, 19:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Not sure if the merge action and recrewing cancels out boosts to accuracy, I'd have to test, but received accuracy is a squad modifier for most units in their veterancy, not an entity modifier.

Veterancy is under EBPS is it not? I'm not home so I can't double check anything. I'm just going off what I remember. Could've sworn it was entity specific
12 Oct 2015, 19:58 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Veterancy is under EBPS is it not? I'm not home so I can't double check anything. I'm just going off what I remember. Could've sworn it was entity specific

But for received accuracy most squad's get the modifier is categorized as apply_to_squad. If it applied to entity you'd have the issue where new member wouldn't get those bonuses as they applied to the original members.

Here's a video explaining things. Note that the penetration boost to the Conscript rifles is labelled similar to what you get with accuracy so apply_to_weapon and apparently those bonuses do carry over upon merging.

May take a few moments from this post as the video is processing.

12 Oct 2015, 20:08 PM

Excellent post and video miragefla.

All BASIC entity stats transfer, basic weapon, accuracy, sight, armor, rec acc.

Vet bonuses are applied to SQUAD, not entity, therefore they don't transfer.
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

But for received accuracy most squad's get the modifier is categorized as apply_to_squad. If it applied to entity you'd have the issue where new member wouldn't get those bonuses as they applied to the original members.

Here's a video explaining things. Note that the penetration boost to the Conscript rifles is labelled similar to what you get with accuracy so apply_to_weapon and apparently those bonuses do carry over upon merging.

So Let's say pathfinders at vet 1 with their plus sight range crewed an mg... They'd still have the bonus, right..? It wouldn't just go away.
12 Oct 2015, 20:26 PM
Developer Relic Badge

So Let's say pathfinders at vet 1 with their plus sight range crewed an mg... They'd still have the bonus, right..? It wouldn't just go away.

It wouldn't for IR Pathfinder as their LOS boost modifiers are set to squad rather than the entity. I think the regular Pathfinder squad can keep giving out the vet even when the original entities die as the modifier is set to permanent. Have to do more testing with apply_to_entity stuff.
12 Oct 2015, 20:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It wouldn't for IR Pathfinder as their LOS boost modifiers are set to squad rather than the entity. I think the regular Pathfinder squad can keep giving out the vet even when the original entities die as the modifier is set to permanent. Have to do more testing with apply_to_entity stuff.

Interesting

. Well I need to do some digging/studying myself, because that seems wildly inconsistent. You'd think received accuracy modifier would work like a sight modifier.
12 Oct 2015, 21:02 PM

In before Katikof sees this video and makes a thread demanding armor piercing PPSH's for his shock troopers!

:P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 37
unknown 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %