Login

russian armor

All Armies Should Have A "Withdraw And Refit" Function

13 Oct 2015, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 08:14 AMEsxile
I don't like the idea, it will just promote spam and blob with no consequences if you get counter played.

Spam T0 units into withdraw to spam T2 units into withdraw into spam t3 units etc...

Pretty inefficient strategy if you are only getting back 33% to 50% of your resources don't you think?
13 Oct 2015, 17:29 PM

I really like the idea of zombie med bunkers from vCoh. Perhaps, we can apply this for infantry instead of armor?
13 Oct 2015, 17:35 PM
Patrion 14

nah for me
13 Oct 2015, 17:42 PM
Patrion 14

Even getting 0 resources back would be fine. Anything is better than feeding vet to the enemy just to free up pop cap. I also loathe the idea of killing off your own troops.
13 Oct 2015, 17:45 PM

By the way, it should be mandatory ability for Brits (imagine mortar pit when the battle is just out of the range, lol).
Same for Pak43.
13 Oct 2015, 17:55 PM

Maybe scrap vehicles for muni and infantry for manpower? (Vet adding to amount of resources refunded?)

Doesnt have to be much, just enough to make it worthwile to scrap early game units in the late game.
13 Oct 2015, 18:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 16:35 PMd0ggY
Well you should be able to destroy / remove certain units, but getting a refund for it? That would change coh2 in a bad matter. If you build a unit, be sure why you build it, otherwise it is your own fault and you deserve to be punished for it. :-D

This, there should be no refund. For example if a player builds 2 jpzers in a 1v1 he can kill whatever tank any allied faction can field. On the other hand he can be easily punished with popcap and infantry for such a move and this is good. If he decides to destroy it, so be it, now he has AI but you can build tanks. If there was a refund he would be able to refit both, kill your infantry play and rebuild as soon as you start rolling armour, that cannot be the case. It would be even worse with usf as they can preserve vet, I'm really glad this commander is so underused as this ability and its arty are super powerfull.
13 Oct 2015, 18:18 PM

I don't think this is really necessary.

I'd only be okay with it if you could only use it when you reached an arbitrary level popcap (Say 75/100) and you didn't get any resources back. So it could only be used in the late game to free up popcap if you need.

Also should not apply to any structures. You shouldn't be able to deny your opponent XP by blowing up your own stuff. (Like mg bunkers that are going to die anyway)

13 Oct 2015, 18:41 PM
Patrion 14

Also should not apply to any structures. You shouldn't be able to deny your opponent XP by blowing up your own stuff. (Like mg bunkers that are going to die anyway)

Then constrain the ability to full health structures only.

I think withdrawing units is a nice idea, but you shouldn't get any refunds imho. It's a good thing that early game decisions affect the late game, if one builds a lot of units that are only good in the early game I'm 100% okay with one being punished for it in the late game.
Hat
13 Oct 2015, 18:57 PM

No refunds and it shouldn't be usable in combat, specifically only usable in the base area.
13 Oct 2015, 19:42 PM

Pretty inefficient strategy if you are only getting back 33% to 50% of your resources don't you think?

inefficient if you don't take advantage of your spam. But if spaming T1 units gives you control on 70% of the map and then you can switch into spaming t2, it is efficient.
13 Oct 2015, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 19:42 PMEsxile

inefficient if you don't take advantage of your spam. But if spaming T1 units gives you control on 70% of the map and then you can switch into spaming t2, it is efficient.

Maybe, I'm skeptical that you can gain enough of an advantage by spamming so hard and then withdrawing many units. Conscripts already can merge to reduce pop cap and make effective forces anew, granted you do not get a resource bonus but con:Max spam no longer works against good player and penal spam is just LOL bad
13 Oct 2015, 20:58 PM

having the option to free up pop cap instead of yolo suiciding to feed vet to the enemy is good enough for me refund or no just make it appear in MP thats all i care
14 Oct 2015, 06:14 AM

Maybe, I'm skeptical that you can gain enough of an advantage by spamming so hard and then withdrawing many units. Conscripts already can merge to reduce pop cap and make effective forces anew, granted you do not get a resource bonus but con:Max spam no longer works against good player and penal spam is just LOL bad

5x RM start + Lieutenant, and as Ostheer you'll never see the sun again. What make this strat unefficient is it upkeep and mp cost. If tomorrow you give me 50% of RM cost to withdraw 2 of my RM squad, I'll directly switch the MP into my T1 units to consolidate my advantage or simply to build 1 or 2 caches and take fuel and amo complete advantage.
14 Oct 2015, 17:01 PM

It would also be usefull to be able to dismantle defensive installations that take up pop-cap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 40
Russian Federation 79
unknown 55
United States 18
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L