Login

russian armor

First Polish Army on East

• This thread is locked
12 Oct 2015, 08:42 AM

You are soooooo funny read some historical books, and don't forget about france that had way way better army and was suported by british forces and they got rekt so fast :D

You left school when history class was teached i suppose <444>_<444>
12 Oct 2015, 10:28 AM

As introduction in the field of "Polish Soldiers joining the Wehrmacht?" I recommend Jerzy Kochanowski:

Thesis in:

Kochanowski, Jerzy: "Wyrwy w szeregu. Polacy do Wehrmachtu, czyli pomys?y na kolaboracj?", in: Polityka Nr. 7, (2001).

Kochanowski, Jerzy: Polen in die Wehrmacht?, online article translated into german, Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt

Full article in: Forum für osteuropäische Ideen- und Zeitgeschichte 6, (2002).
12 Oct 2015, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 08:42 AMShanka

Just because I like history, I am curious: where is he wrong in that sentence and why?
12 Oct 2015, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 08:30 AMJohnnyB

They did it anyway.

and 2mln german womens was rape by cons :o
12 Oct 2015, 11:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 21:44 PMpugzii

Haha and then the Soviets would have had free-reign to literally burn and rape every women in Poland

Not bombing London with III Reisch, but bombing Moscow with them.
Till last weeks Hitler wanted to make allies from Poland (buffer state) agasint Soviet Union but we did not agree for that.
We even wanted to attacked them in 35 (after loosing Saar) with France but France.. huh.. They did not want to get involved and just submited to this.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 08:42 AMShanka

And what was wrong with that he said?
France had way better army than III Reisch.
The most heaviest tanks, unbreakable Maginot's line.
Even with Brits support, France had failed in 42 days.
Poland had failed in 35 days even that we were fighting with III Reisch and SU.

War could turn totally different if in 39' France attacked III Reisch, instead of sitting and dropping propaganda strike.

As for the commander with Poles, I could see them only with Britsh army, not a chance with Soviets.
12 Oct 2015, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 10:29 AMJohnnyB

Just because I like history, I am curious: where is he wrong in that sentence and why?

I'm not okay with the fact of france being supported by England, they fleed faster than the french could run to defend paris, the fact that the french sacrified their 1st army in Dunkirk to allow england to keep up their expeditionary force is a passage which everyone forget/or don't know

Otherwise, i was not okay with that fact, i was not clear at all in my sentence, my bad if you misunderstood :)
12 Oct 2015, 11:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Poles would be interesting for both the British or the Red Army
12 Oct 2015, 11:30 AM

Not bombing London with III Reisch, but bombing Moscow with them.
Till last weeks Hitler wanted to make allies from Poland (buffer state) agasint Soviet Union but we did not agree for that.
We even wanted to attacked them in 35 (after loosing Saar) with France but France.. huh.. They did not want to get involved and just submited to this.

And what was wrong with that he said?
France had way better army than III Reisch.
The most heaviest tanks, unbreakable Maginot's line.
Even with Brits support, France had failed in 42 days.
Poland had failed in 35 days even that we were fighting with III Reisch and SU.

War could turn totally different if in 39' France attacked III Reisch, instead of sitting and dropping propaganda strike.

As for the commander with Poles, I could see them only with Britsh army, not a chance with Soviets.

See below my reponse to Johny, i clarify something.

The problem with in WW2 is the fact that the generals were retarded, they thinked the next war will be the same as WW1, only one general claimed that Tanks should be in bataillons not dispatch around the line, he claimed that maginot was useless and wanted to attack Hitler since the begining of Hitler expansion campaign, it was De Gaulle.

12 Oct 2015, 12:13 PM

the war would have been less bloody if Poland agreed to the passage of Soviet troops in the event of aggression by Germany (see The Moscow talks of 1939), but we have what we have.

PS

and on 10 August 1940, in all 17 districts of the Wehrmacht served about 16 thousand Jews officers
12 Oct 2015, 12:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

PS

and on 10 August 1940, in all 17 districts of the Wehrmacht served about 16 thousand Jews officers

Your authority, please?

Sensational heading, yet very mundane and shallow content.
By Yoav Yanai on 9 Aug. 2005
Format: Hardcover
I have read this book recently, and was very disappointed.

The narrative is based upon the young history researcher's interview with ex-Wehrmacht soldiers, who were of partial Jewish origin and were hence classified as "Mischlinge" - the Nazi term for an individual who is not of purely Aryan origin. The author provides an overview of the grey area where these people were living in Nazi Germany, and in particular refers to those of them who had served in the German Army and fought in World War II.

Despite what the title of the book suggests, these people were not Jewish. People who were classified by the Nazis as Jews had no presence in the army whatsoever, and the author himself confirms that. They were outcasts and were later physically annihilated. The title suggests that these people were an integral part of the Wehrmacht. This would have no doubt been an exciting historical revelation, but after finishing the book, it is clear that there is little connection between the title of the book and its contents.
The book tells the story of the Mischlinge in the German army. Soldiers, often of higher ranks, who were of mixed origin. They were not regarded as such by the authorities (either the civil ones or the military ones), they were not regarded as Jews by the Jewish communities, and just as much - they very seldom regard themselves as Jews. They might have had a Jewish grandmother or were married to a person with one. This was not a rare thing in a society where the presence of Jews dated back to 1000 years earlier, and were inter-marriages were very wide spread from the middle of the 19th century. In most cases the Mischlinge themselves had been baptised and maintained no connection whatsoever to Jews or Judaism. Such connections were only revealed where those individuals chose voluntarily to associate themselves with the Jewish community, or were married to "full Jews". In most cases those people were left alone. Other than a few Nazi fanatics, most Wehrmacht commanders did not bother. If only for practical reasons...
Other than the misleading title, the book is characterised by random anecodes and sporadic hearsay recollection. The story usually repeats itself: "Yes, my wife had a Jewish great-grandmother, but I did not mention it on the forms".

It is not worth to be called a history book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitlers-Jewish-Soldiers-Descent-Military/dp/0700613587
12 Oct 2015, 14:25 PM

the war would have been less bloody if Poland agreed to the passage of Soviet troops

Like Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia? :D Yea, they agreed for Soviet military bases.
12 Oct 2015, 14:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 07:47 AMKatitof

What next? Jews served in SS?

Muslims did :foreveralone:

So did cossacks
12 Oct 2015, 18:38 PM
Benefactor 115

I asked for your opinions about commander, what im see now political discussion about poland writing by nazi scum wtf !?

Welcome to coh2.org

And about the commander... you have to appeal to Relic by making it a Canadian themed commander... with a Polish unit call-in :romeoMug:
12 Oct 2015, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 11:22 AMShanka

I know about that fact that you mentioned but still look on the whole situation

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 11:30 AMShanka

Also fact that i know about that most of france generals were thinking that WW2 will be another static war...

Ok back to topic, polish commander would be rly nice for ukf as well as soviets one. I would love to see at least 1 of them (for UKF especially)

also guys watch this video it's free of "political correctness" maybe a bit colored :) (but still worth to watch)
12 Oct 2015, 19:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

okay i was thinking invis a few post and im out of here but i don't think i can save this one it started off bad from the get go.

:wave: goodbye thread!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS