Login

russian armor

Oct Balance Preview Patch Notes Gathered WIP

PAGES (8)down
10 Oct 2015, 14:12 PM

Why not? They have less armour than shocks, are 4 CP and require a heavy 500/540MP investment to call in with the glider.

they cost 350 mp 150 mp is for glider so lower cost than shocks they can pretty much run everywhere camoed and they have a base recieved accuracy of .72 which roughly translates to the shocks armor advantage they have over them.... u can't hit what u cant see..??...and they have better mid range firepower than shock so commando >> shock
10 Oct 2015, 14:29 PM

Reactionary patch much?

Do they realise that the Brits need some fixes/buffs too? Not just nerf nerf nerf?

If they continue on this path of "balancing" I'm finished with this game...
10 Oct 2015, 14:45 PM

So Regarding flaks, are they actually better now?
10 Oct 2015, 16:50 PM

Reactionary patch much?

Do they realise that the Brits need some fixes/buffs too? Not just nerf nerf nerf?

If they continue on this path of "balancing" I'm finished with this game...

They are giving Brits two HUGE early game buffs where they are weakest. More powerful WASP damage and cheaper Tommy reinforce cost. L2R!
10 Oct 2015, 16:53 PM

Relic, can we please, PLEASE see some of the useless doctrinal/non doctrinal units buffed considering they have been useless for years now.

IL-2 sturmovik/M3 HT/penals/m-42 at gun/WC51/OKW flak emplacements/valentine come to mind...

10 Oct 2015, 17:13 PM

They are giving Brits two HUGE early game buffs where they are weakest. More powerful WASP damage and cheaper Tommy reinforce cost. L2R!

Please. consider the WASP's timing and Brits unchanged 280MP cost of IS and Vickers. Its easy to field a 222 or rak/schrek by the time the WASP is upgraded due to the weak map control Brits WILL have. It also means no healing if you want to "rush" it.

It's a moot change. But whatever, disagree with me all you want because Brits are so "OP" yadayada.
12 Oct 2015, 13:36 PM

This patch (which someone mentioned looks like a hot fix and I agree) is effectively gimping the OKW, while providing Brits a be all end all infantry unit from minute 0. If the cost to reinforce comes down the received accuracy must come down. Basically at vet 3 Tommies are near indestructable, and in cover they murder everything that doesn't have steel plate.

KV8 damage reduced seems unreasonable.

AS reduction in size of bombing target by half address none of the issues that people who hated it wanted to see changed, and nerfed the ability in a way that people that enjoyed it considered it critical (ability to push built up sections by hitting it hard in an area wide enough to exploit). If anything this means its primary function is now to destroy OKW trucks outside of the base.

No changes to grens or stuka dive bomb?

Arty reduced to rubbish against base structures, when it struggles to accurately land shells on troops what else is it good for?

No changes to emplacements?!?
12 Oct 2015, 19:40 PM

Regarding the Infantry Section changes:
I think the change for the reinforment cost is fine.
The 35MP right now reflect the 4 men squad size (280/4 * 0.5 = 35).
The new 28MP reflect the 5 man squad size right from the start (280/5 * 0.5 = 28). So you will basically pay 280 MP for a 5 men sqaud but unless you purchase the upgrade you will only be able to have them at 4 men. Imo this suits much better.

I got to agree with Cruzz though on the Vet of Infantry Sections. Its pretty damn strong, too strong imo. Since the reinforcment cost change is a buff after all Vet should be tuned down a little.

What I completely dislike is Relics approach on the Churchills. For one its utter nonesense that a Pz4 with skirts has more armor than a chruchill.
But more important is that this approachs completely screws the vehicle scaling. Beeing a late game damage sponge needs to include armor. Armor is a major factor for the scaling of vehicles defense because it defines the effectiveness of certain tiers of weaponary. The effect of lowering the armor furthermore but still leaving the Churchill at high HP means that a StuG gets even better at fighting it then a Panther (a very debatable unit imo but different topic... *utter_crap_dps_cough*), because raw DPS is much better then the actual tier of a weapon (higher penetration). Damage wise a single Püppchen will be almost as effective as a Jagdtiger at fighting a Churchill. That's completely odd!

I totelly can't understand why Relic doesn't see how flawed their attempt is...
Curchill should be 1280 HP (1040 for special varients) and armor should be more matching a tiger (280 to 300 maybe).

Regards
ace
13 Oct 2015, 23:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 00:08 AMTobis
I'm disappointed that they left some suppression on the light howitzers, it's such a frustrating mechanic and doesn't make any sense. They drop to the ground to avoid more incoming fire, against something that shoots so slow and accurate it just makes them get hit more. :foreveralone:

The only arty that should be able to suppress like that is something that throws a fuckton of ballistics at somebody, like the katyusha, panzerwerfer, calliope, and that brit thing that is coming. If they wanted it so each faction could have something to do this maybe give it to stuka.

+1, that makes a lot more sense. HOWEVER: I also think the same story goes for the Kubelwagen, why dive against car that can chase you till the end of the world? :')
bC_
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 14 Oct 2015, 18:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Balance Preview Updated 10/14/2015

LEIG / Pak Howitzer
Barrage Reload changes reverted
No Longer can auto face

Sten MK VI Silence
Burst duration increased from 0.325 / 0.425 to 0.6 / 0.4

Churhills
Armor increased from 200 to 240
14 Oct 2015, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 18:42 PMbC_

LEIG / Pak Howitzer
No Longer can auto face

Sten MK VI Silence

Churhills

Praise kubeljesus am I reading this correctly? ISGs can no longer be sat by a flak base and auto win games. Thank you so much relic.
14 Oct 2015, 18:55 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about this: "No Longer can auto face".

I get the intent. They'll require some micro to be effective now. Then again, it becomes one of those unnecessary mechanics that make you feel like you're playing against the game. Kind of like the old USF ambulance.

It's not bad, just not intuitive I guess.
14 Oct 2015, 19:03 PM

LEIG / Pak Howitzer
No Longer can auto face

Sten MK VI Silence

Churhills

So lets make the LeIG more micro intensive, so they become completely useless. No LeIG's anymore Whoopdiedoo...
bC_
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 14 Oct 2015, 19:06 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'm not sure how I feel about this: "No Longer can auto face".

I get the intent. They'll require some micro to be effective now. Then again, it becomes one of those unnecessary mechanics that make you feel like you're playing against the game. Kind of like the old USF ambulance.

It's not bad, just not intuitive I guess.

We'll have to see how hard it actually is to use and evaluate it further. Facing the direction you want to shoot which is familiar functionality if you look at all units with UI arc anyways.
14 Oct 2015, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 19:06 PMbC_

We'll have to see how hard it actually is to use and evaluate it further. Facing the direction you want to shoot which is familiar functionality if you look at all units with UI arc anyways.

Agreed, please do not cater to bad players who attack move and spam auto fire/face units, the more micro the better.
14 Oct 2015, 19:11 PM

No auto face is like let mortars only fire in a 45 degree angle. I'd like to see a revert to the auto change and a remove/reduction on the pinning, since that's the annoying thing. Before you never heard any whining, now people Will forget their LeIG. Please don't kick OKW even more in a shitpile
14 Oct 2015, 19:18 PM
Donator 11

I don't think any decent player will have issues with it, but keep in mind the majority isn't decent.

Not a fan of balancing with artificial micro additions. Kinda creates really screwed up units.

just my 2 cents...
14 Oct 2015, 19:46 PM

LEIG / Pak Howitzer
No Longer can auto face

Sten MK VI Silence

Churhills

Really like the changes. Cheers.
14 Oct 2015, 19:53 PM

Just a note. While we are on the pack howitzer, can you please reevaluate it's pop cost. It has a higher Pop then some mediums.
14 Oct 2015, 20:07 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 16:53 PMBurts
Relic, can we please, PLEASE see some of the useless doctrinal/non doctrinal units buffed considering they have been useless for years now.

IL-2 sturmovik/M3 HT/penals/m-42 at gun/WC51/OKW flak emplacements/valentine come to mind...

+1,000,000

I was dissapointed to see Hollow-Charge shells removed from the ISG. Why not make it a cooldown ability so they can be auto-fired?

Also can we PLEASE get an accurate display reticle for the range of the OKW Schewer HQ gun?!
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS