Login

russian armor

KV-8

6 Oct 2015, 14:07 PM

Curently the KV-8 is a really good anti infantry weapon and it is balanced for it's cost. But I think it shouldn't be a call in that isn't tier restricted. To many times a soviet player don't build a tier and just call in a kv-8 and later call in a IS-2. So I think it should be in tier 4 just like the t34/85. So a soviet can't call in a is-2 and kv-8 without building no advandced tier.
6 Oct 2015, 14:14 PM
Patrion 26

I am more surprised why KV-1 and KV-8 are not restricted to 1 as they are both heavy tanks...

The fact that KV-8 is not tier restricted is fine, in a normal matchup you can get a stug 3 and 2 paks at least until it comes out.
Even if you loose you can still have paks that can keep it at bay, its not tanky enough to survive 2 paks. What is really hard to counter is multiple KV-8`s
6 Oct 2015, 14:22 PM

^ +2. Teching requirement is not the issue. The problem is timing and multiple KV8 A-Moved in a group and cleaning OKW off the field:lolol:

It's like a revenge unit for players who have been hating OKW for a long time
6 Oct 2015, 14:24 PM

I am more surprised why KV-1 and KV-8 are not restricted to 1 as they are both heavy tanks...

For the same reason Panther isn't restricted to 1 as they are exactly the same, or even lower "heavy" category then it as they are inferior in survivability.

The only restricted heavies are the ones who can take and dish punishment, KV series isn't really fit for that.

Long story short: They are heavy exclusively from the name.
6 Oct 2015, 14:33 PM

Curently the KV-8 is a really good anti infantry weapon and it is balanced for it's cost. But I think it shouldn't be a call in that isn't tier restricted. To many times a soviet player don't build a tier and just call in a kv-8 and later call in a IS-2. So I think it should be in tier 4 just like the t34/85. So a soviet can't call in a is-2 and kv-8 without building no advandced tier.

I have to disagree with the point that the KV-8 is balanced. Only because of the changes that were made in last 2 patches.
6 Oct 2015, 14:33 PM

Again? KV-1 is not true heavy tank. However, the devs promised to give him some love, so we can only wait.
Regarding the KV-8, I do not understand what the problem build against him STUG or Pz.IV.
KV-8 is like Centaur but on 9 CP.
6 Oct 2015, 14:47 PM

now that kv8 actually burn something is op , ok than nerf it to the ground again :snfPeter:
6 Oct 2015, 15:03 PM

"balanced" please :rofl:
6 Oct 2015, 15:23 PM

Again? KV-1 is not true heavy tank. However, the devs promised to give him some love, so we can only wait.
Regarding the KV-8, I do not understand what the problem build against him STUG or Pz.IV.

KV-8 spam is just boring to play against, why should I have to build medic truck straight to Jagdpanzer every game just because my opponent has KV-8's in half of his doctrines?

Build a flak HT then late medic truck KV-8 spam will roll everything. Build T4 and go for luch and KV-8 will come and burn everything, it's even more fun in a doctrine with off map that makes your AT guns useless.
6 Oct 2015, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 15:23 PMRollo

KV-8 spam is just boring to play against, why should I have to build medic truck straight to Jagdpanzer every game just because my opponent has KV-8's in half of his doctrines?

Build a flak HT then late medic truck KV-8 spam will roll everything. Build T4 and go for luch and KV-8 will come and burn everything, it's even more fun in a doctrine with off map that makes your AT guns useless.

Why do i have the actually counter the unit my opponent is spamming by actually using the intended counter, no, that shouldn't be the case, i should just be able to spam anything i want ! :snfPeter:

Not defending the kv-8, the kv-8 is somewhat OP, but this logic makes no sense.
aaa
6 Oct 2015, 15:30 PM

making kv8 (and 3485) tied to tech can be justified only if all axis tanks would be tied to tech too.
Stug, puma, tiger all must have been tied to tech long time ago.
6 Oct 2015, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 15:25 PMBurts

Why do i have the actually counter the unit my opponent is spamming by actually using the intended counter, no, that shouldn't be the case, i should just be able to spam anything i want ! :snfPeter:

Not defending the kv-8, the kv-8 is somewhat OP, but this logic makes no sense.

dumb logic, you know why? because if I build a P4 to counter my opponents KV-8 he will have an IS-2 whch I am hopeless against.

But that's just CoH2 and soviet doctrines for you.

KV-8 needs to be tied to teching or put back like 3 CP's
6 Oct 2015, 15:47 PM

If you look at raw performance, one might think KV-8 is "balanced," but the fact is it is so convenient to use that it has invaded coh2 meta. Every game with SU is building kv-8, and every game facing SU is about countering KV-8. In that sense, it is overperforming and could use a nerf.
6 Oct 2015, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 15:47 PMHorasu
If you look at raw performance, one might think KV-8 is "balanced," but the fact is it is so convenient to use that it has invaded coh2 meta. Every game with SU is building kv-8, and every game facing SU is about countering KV-8. In that sense, it is overperforming and could use a nerf.

what an awful argument, might as well nerf the 222 then, because that gets built every game
6 Oct 2015, 16:56 PM
Patrion 26

That's what I am saying until KV-8 hits the field you can prepare for it no problem, 2 of them are a bit of an issue if you have no map control.

6 Oct 2015, 17:01 PM

The fact that KV-8 is not tier restricted is fine, in a normal matchup you can get a stug 3 and 2 paks at least until it comes out.
Even if you loose you can still have paks that can keep it at bay, its not tanky enough to survive 2 paks. What is really hard to counter is multiple KV-8`s

As whermacht it is counter by paks and stugs but as OKW it is so hard figthing against it.
6 Oct 2015, 17:13 PM

The only thing I have against Shock Rifle is that its so good that it makes all other soviet commanders not needed.
6 Oct 2015, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 15:25 PMBurts
no, that shouldn't be the case, i should just be able to spam anything i want ! :snfPeter:

You are damn right, I want to be able to use every OKW unit I desire and go whatever the fuck Tier I want, spending all of your fuel on a JP to counter a unit which arrives at the 10 min mark prevents that.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2015, 15:30 PMaaa

making kv8 (and 3485) tied to tech can be justified
No justification needed, just limit and delay the damn thing already.o_O
6 Oct 2015, 17:24 PM

Permanently Banned
I just had a game where a k8 killed 3 squads on retreat, the thing is pretty good :D
aaa
6 Oct 2015, 17:46 PM

No justification needed, just limit and delay the damn thing already.o_O

i hope they RE Not that insane to do any of that.
though I can expect any BS from them.
The game is like a beta now with axis favorite game breking bugs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight