Login

russian armor

Jadtiger and isu 152

1 Oct 2015, 09:24 AM

Have you tried using it as a long range tank destroyer instead of turretless KT?

Stupid thing to say, because no-one will use the tank as a turretless KT. I also would see the sun mechanic removed and an differend vet 5.
1 Oct 2015, 09:33 AM

Stupid thing to say, because no-one will use the tank as a turretless KT. I also would see the sun mechanic removed and an differend vet 5.

Well, he said he gets dazed all the time, which means his JT is all the time in the range of AT.
Its best AT unit in game with biggest armor, penetration and range.

The only way to even get a chance to kill it is to get behind it and with the upgrade its faster then elephant. The daze is the counter balancing factor for its insane armor value, if you won't get behind it, you won't put a dent on it.
1 Oct 2015, 09:39 AM

Well, he said he gets dazed all the time, which means his JT is all the time in the range of AT.
Its best AT unit in game with biggest armor, penetration and range.

The only way to even get a chance to kill it is to get behind it and with the upgrade its faster then elephant. The daze is the counter balancing factor for its insane armor value, if you won't get behind it, you won't put a dent on it.

sooo... churchills getting dazed now too? :I
1 Oct 2015, 09:55 AM

sooo... churchills getting dazed now too? :I

Sure, the very moment they get 500 frontal armor, 400 penetration and 85 range :romeoMug:
1 Oct 2015, 10:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The only things that need to change with these two, alongside every other heavy, is the rear armour should be lower. If you manage to get a flank off with even just a T-34/Sherman/P4/Bazookas, you should penetrate 100% of the time. Currently the rear armour on some of these monsters is so huge that you bounce shots point black with rear armour, which is silly. It's already far too risky to flank given the accessibility of Shreks, AT Guns and Snares that a Flank should be even more rewarded.
1 Oct 2015, 12:58 PM

Sure, the very moment they get 500 frontal armor, 400 penetration and 85 range :romeoMug:

and same cost as Jt:romeoMug:
1 Oct 2015, 12:58 PM

The only things that need to change with these two, alongside every other heavy, is the rear armour should be lower. If you manage to get a flank off with even just a T-34/Sherman/P4/Bazookas, you should penetrate 100% of the time. Currently the rear armour on some of these monsters is so huge that you bounce shots point black with rear armour, which is silly. It's already far too risky to flank given the accessibility of Shreks, AT Guns and Snares that a Flank should be even more rewarded.

If they get some more offensive buff then this +1000
1 Oct 2015, 13:13 PM

and same cost as Jt:romeoMug:

sure thing, we can even leave the damage at 160 to cunterbalance the turret :snfPeter:
1 Oct 2015, 19:12 PM

i just hate the stupid stun mechanic on jadtiger everything constantly dazes it...they should remove it and replace vet 5 with 50% damage or he rounds

Vet 5 is pointless due to super high XP requirements to get every level of vet. The one JT I saw built in OCF was on Langres and it lasted all game vs many KV 8's yet never got past vet 2. Part of that was good shot block usage by soviet player but I noticed each connecting shot barely brought up the XP bar
1 Oct 2015, 19:15 PM

They probably didn't since those heavies also had very thick read armor relative to all other tanks. That is why there speed is so slow and their rotation is so slow. Make weaker rear armor but it shouldn't be 100% penetrable to every single medium unless you also make it turn a little faster.
2 Oct 2015, 00:28 AM

Vet 5 is pointless due to super high XP requirements to get every level of vet. The one JT I saw built in OCF was on Langres and it lasted all game vs many KV 8's yet never got past vet 2. Part of that was good shot block usage by soviet player but I noticed each connecting shot barely brought up the XP bar

Anecdotally, a few days ago I build my first JT in a long while and got it to vet 5. Churchills basically hand vet to a JT. It's fantastic vs brits who go any of the churchill variants as their main tank of choice, due to their slow speed + crazy health pools the JT has more chances to gain vet than anything else
3 Oct 2015, 00:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2015, 00:28 AMDraje

Anecdotally, a few days ago I build my first JT in a long while and got it to vet 5. Churchills basically hand vet to a JT. It's fantastic vs brits who go any of the churchill variants as their main tank of choice, due to their slow speed + crazy health pools the JT has more chances to gain vet than anything else

I have never seen them used in a game vs British so maybe that is why as British tanks will give more XP than other allies ones. Highest rank I have even seen on JT was rank 3 and it was an hour long multiplayer game. I think JT is great for 3v3 but one most 2v2 and all 1v1 you can do so much better for high cost and pop cap plus the fact that it's literally worthless against infantry and support weapons
3 Oct 2015, 01:38 AM

I have never seen them used in a game vs British so maybe that is why as British tanks will give more XP than other allies ones. Highest rank I have even seen on JT was rank 3 and it was an hour long multiplayer game. I think JT is great for 3v3 but one most 2v2 and all 1v1 you can do so much better for high cost and pop cap plus the fact that it's literally worthless against infantry and support weapons

Can't speak for 1v1, but in 2v2's on certain maps its the tits against a brit who goes churchills
3 Oct 2015, 14:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2015, 01:38 AMDraje

Can't speak for 1v1, but in 2v2's on certain maps its the tits against a brit who goes churchills

Let me guess, Rails and metal :P ?
3 Oct 2015, 14:49 PM

Permanently Banned

Let me guess, Rails and metal :P ?

Camping in the woods as well Kappa
3 Oct 2015, 18:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's a veto on 2v2 and as USF.
3 Oct 2015, 21:36 PM

Exactly the map I hit vet 5 on xD

You put JT at the right spot and it can shoot at basically everything on their side of the map
4 Oct 2015, 15:25 PM

Wth are you crying about the JT...There are no counters to it. It renders any allied vehicle useless. Flanking is a non-option. The ISU is abysmal compared to it for AT. Just, wtf. The JT and the Elephant as well should get some attention, at the moment they are gamebreakers.
Also keep in mind that having a JT doesn't prevent you from getting a couple of KT's as well.
4 Oct 2015, 15:48 PM

Also keep in mind that having a JT doesn't prevent you from getting a couple of KT's as well.

The JT and King tiger are soo expensive, I never had any game where I had a jt an KT.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★