Login

russian armor

OCF recap thoughts

PAGES (9)down
29 Sep 2015, 02:12 AM
Donator 22

Sooooo, who else wants to discuss the OCF tournament, and potential future improvements? Kappa
29 Sep 2015, 02:27 AM

Sooooo, who else wants to discuss the OCF tournament, and potential future improvements? Kappa

Potential future improvements: Actually ensure that British units aren't horribly broken like excellent accuracy AA guns (Centaur, Bofors), Land Raiders that can throw satchel charges at people (Churchill), and Snipers that can shoot with perfect accuracy versus buildings.

Really honestly Brits design wise are great but Relic really messed up the implementation.

I have no comment on this stupid drama bullshit and I aggressively don't care about twitch. Sib and Dusty are cool guys is all I really have to add.
29 Sep 2015, 02:29 AM

Seriously I would like to say that AMI and his people did an amazing job with the tournament.. Hats off AMI and company.. I found myself staying in on weekends so I can watch casts and games. Everything was so great, from the formatting to the music to the casting. I wish I donated now. Next tourney you bet your ass I'll donate and never have buyers remorse. You have put coh2 on the map, I'm sure more have been drawn to the game now... GREAT JOB GUYS!!!
29 Sep 2015, 02:49 AM
Donator 11

I enjoyed the tournament alot. I didn't participate myself, but I watched ALOT of games. I think it's great to see how many community members came together and created this tournament and there where so many casters that I think did a good job.(Dusty and Momo you surprised me Kappa) Hats off to everyone who made this happen, I will gladly participate in any way I can next time there is a tournament. There are however a few things that I think can improve to the next tournament.

A: There where to many rounds that first sunday and it's really hard to make the brackets even in terms of skill so some people will have to battle out really long games in best of three while some will have there round finished in a matter of minutes. You can immedietly see the disadvantage here.

B: I'm divided of the invite part. Maybe it's a good thing or maybe its a bad thing. However, if you have invites, I don't think they should be able to skip that many rounds like they did in OCF. Maybe skipping 2-3 rounds is more appropriate.

C: I would also like a bit more transparency considering bans of people/commanders/units/maps. Why they where banned and so on. AmiPolizeiFunk have always been transparent with the fact that half of the crowdfunded money will go towards this site tho, but it would still be interesting to hear what exactly you are using that money for (Even if it is just buying Vodka for 5k) Think it would make alot of ppl less salty if you where transparent with that.

What goes for the other part of this thread, that Basilone started. Don't take everything so seriously. In the end it's JUST A VIDEO GAME and I don't think that many people "hate" Aimstrong and DevM as you think. I hope they stay in the CoH2 scene atleast and I also hope they will stream some games now and then. It was fun watching DevM stream a few times before OCF started. I think the CoH2 scene will benefit more from having them here then we will if they leave. People can have personal problems with each other and that's ok. But please don't take everything so seriously. That's my opinion atleast and I love this game even if i'm lousy at it :D
29 Sep 2015, 02:52 AM

Seriously I would like to say that AMI and his people did an amazing job with the tournament.. Hats off AMI and company.. I found myself staying in on weekends so I can watch casts and games. Everything was so great, from the formatting to the music to the casting. I wish I donated now. Next tourney you bet your ass I'll donate and never have buyers remorse. You have put coh2 on the map, I'm sure more have been drawn to the game now... GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

+1

The only changes i would of made (other than the seed selection) is

Ban Ghostbags
Ban Centaur

(probably would of given us a different final).

But very well done to Ami and the gang :)
29 Sep 2015, 02:57 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 02:52 AMCorsin

+1

The only changes i would of made (other than the seed selection) is

Ban Ghostbags
Ban Centaur

(probably would of given us a different final).

But very well done to Ami and the gang :)

Yes, ghostbagging and ghostwire could have been banned. However sometimes you stop sandbagging or wiring when getting attacked and therefore there is a "natural" ghost there. If you understand what Im saying? Can be hard to judge that?
29 Sep 2015, 02:59 AM

Hard to ban that... Sucks players find ways to cheese games so bad. Regardless ami still kicked ass. Looking forward to next tourney
29 Sep 2015, 03:07 AM

Remarkably infantile and bizarre shit going on in here. Schoolyard emnity without the cathartic conclusion of an actual brawl, no wonder people become that toxic.

Thanks to Ami etc. for the organisation and casts.
29 Sep 2015, 03:08 AM

Yes, ghostbagging and ghostwire could have been banned. However sometimes you stop sandbagging or wiring when getting attacked and therefore there is a "natural" ghost there. If you understand what Im saying? Can be hard to judge that?

When its used on the enemies side of green cover... its abit obvious whats happening.
29 Sep 2015, 03:14 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 03:08 AMCorsin

When its used on the enemies side of green cover... its abit obvious whats happening.

Yeah, that might be true.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight