Login

russian armor

XP markers

19 Jun 2013, 22:13 PM

arent the XP markers supposed to be placed on the unit that was killed rather than the unit that got killed?

it was much easier in coh1 to keep a track of how much casualties u inflict for example from a howie shell or other things.

:) its just satisfying to see those green xp markers

will it be changed later? or will this disgusting UI strategy continue?
19 Jun 2013, 23:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge

This is one of the many things that could be changed to make the game's visibility much better.
20 Jun 2013, 09:54 AM

i really liked this about COH 1. it felt really satisfying for all those green numbers to come up
20 Jun 2013, 09:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2013, 22:13 PMSmaug
arent the XP markers supposed to be placed on the unit that was killed rather than the unit that got killed?

Whats the difference between a unit that was killed and a unit that got killed? :S
20 Jun 2013, 09:58 AM

Permanently Banned
More logical to have xp listed on the earning unit.
20 Jun 2013, 11:19 AM

This would improve so much!
20 Jun 2013, 12:20 PM

Agreed!
20 Jun 2013, 12:24 PM

yes, that must be in-game
20 Jun 2013, 12:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Can only assume people prefer this from force of habbit.

Objectively speakingl the only instance "green numbers" popping up as they did is of value is when viewing the results of an offscreen units fire.

Far more rational to to be able to follow the xp gains of onscreen units simultaneously contributing in a firefight.

Otherwise its say:
3 cons vs 3 grens.
Models die.
Green numbers.
No idea who killed them or just earned xp.

But Ill drop the topic, since it seems to be a sensitive issue for the old guard of vCoH, whom I otherwise have only respect for.
20 Jun 2013, 12:45 PM

Agreed, relic please change!
20 Jun 2013, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2013, 12:30 PMNullist
Can only assume people prefer this from force of habbit.

Objectively speakingl the only instance "green numbers" popping up as they did is of value is when viewing the results of an offscreen units fire.

Far more rational to to be able to follow the xp gains of onscreen units simultaneously contributing in a firefight.

Otherwise its say:
3 cons vs 3 grens.
Models die.
Green numbers.
No idea who killed them or just earned xp.

But Ill drop the topic, since it seems to be a sensitive issue for the old guard of vCoH, whom I otherwise have only respect for.

Why do you need xp numbers over your guy to know he's vetting up? A giant flashing gold star pops up when a squad gains vet. You can't possibly miss it. What we need is a visual indicator of stuff that's died in the fog. It doesn't have to be XP numbers. It could be word art for all I care but there needs to be some sort of feedback and XP numbers made plenty of sense in COH1 since they allowed a player to know exactly what he killed (based on the amount of XP floating up from the fog).
20 Jun 2013, 15:22 PM

Permanently Banned
You can see losses to units from the decrease in the numerical model indicator on the unit tab.
20 Jun 2013, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2013, 15:22 PMNullist
You can see losses to units from the decrease in the numerical model indicator on the unit tab.

You're completely missing the point... It's about seing the xp of enemy units dying in the fow. In coh1 you knew what enemy unit died that way, and that intell could be worth gold if you saw +19 xp. Right now it's impossible to know what your arty or mines are killing out there.
20 Jun 2013, 17:58 PM

+ it is way more statisfying seeing that numbers pop out above the units that died.

Also mostly I don't look at my own units. I look if the enemy is about to throw a grenade. Do you look at your Arty firing shots? No. You look at the Are that is under attack.

I would say one of CoDs features that brings in a big audience are the statisfying +50.

I don't care wich of my own troops got the kill, i care about which enemy unit died. I don't think its just because we were used to it. Its because we know how good it could be.
20 Jun 2013, 19:21 PM

Putting +XP over the target doesn't make it clear which squad got the experience if you have multiple units shooting it.
20 Jun 2013, 21:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Also mostly I don't look at my own units.

That's the reason xp markers should be on units that you kill. When I play the game I don't have the time nor a reason to look at my own units instead of enemy units.
20 Jun 2013, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2013, 19:21 PMAdder
Putting +XP over the target doesn't make it clear which squad got the experience if you have multiple units shooting it.

Does it matter which squad killed it?

Most important is that you can easily see how your unit is doing against an enemy. Green xp indicators were very clear about how well the engagement was going for you. For example, this way you are more likely to retreat at the right time.
20 Jun 2013, 22:47 PM
Donator 11

but we should never see the unit killed by the mine in the fow. ok, we know mine killed something cause its not there anymore so...werent there cant see what it killed. IMO
20 Jun 2013, 22:54 PM

I miss vCoH green xp marks, they were great. Those in CoH2 are just bland and you almost can't see them.
20 Jun 2013, 23:00 PM

The biggest issue for me isn't actually seeing enemy units killed, although that's certainly nice to have.

It's seeing which of my own units are dying. In CoH1 you'd get "pity XP" for your units that died. The XP part isn't important, it was important to be able to very clearly see that a squad is losing guys.

As it stands right now, I've actually completely missed that a sniper is killing guys in a squad until the 2nd or 3rd shot. Granted partly that's because sniper rifles don't have the same "boom" and tracer as in CoH1, but it's because I get absolutely zero feedback from the main game display unless I have that squad selected and see the number go down.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS