How effective is the soviet sniper?
Option Distribution Votes
34%
10%
56%
Total votes: 50
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 Sep 2015, 00:01 AM

After watching OCF and even just playing the game for a while you don't see soviet snipers particularly often, and even when they come out they don't seem to produce even close to the level that a German or British sniper can achieve. 30-60+ kill snipers were seen with some frequency during the tourney but soviet snipers did not seem to break double digits in many instances.

Is it just my experience or does the soviet sniper not cut it anymore? The german sniper has 82 HP while the soviet squad has 96 hp with 2 models but a much slower fire rate. Perhaps this is just my experience and observation but the soviet sniper just seems to have lower firepower for about the same if not less survivability(worse camo, worse vet 1 ability, more likely to bleed 1/2 models).

Is the soviet sniper balanced, too strong(it still has 2 models and more HP requires little tech investment) or too weak?

aaa
28 Sep 2015, 00:11 AM

this unit is close to be OK. Problem is
1. wehr starting MP making them have minimum 1 more squad after 1st tech. Some abusers even make +3 squads in an effort to deny both fuel or overwhelm in general.
2. axis vehicles abilities smoke and acceleration.
28 Sep 2015, 01:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It bugs the crap out of me that you can't counter snipe the soviet sniper now as Ost because of the cloak reduction now.
28 Sep 2015, 01:52 AM

I find the flare ability useful.
Otherwise you rarely need soviet tier 1
28 Sep 2015, 02:19 AM

Soviet Sniper has fastest cloak time in game and hard counter Ost sniper. That's more than enough.
28 Sep 2015, 03:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Soviet Sniper has fastest cloak time in game and hard counter Ost sniper. That's more than enough.

Isn't the cloaking time for Soviets and Ost's the exact same? The recloaking time after firing a shot however, is definitely better for the Ost one.
28 Sep 2015, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 03:03 AMVuther

Isn't the cloaking time for Soviets and Ost's the exact same? The recloaking time after firing a shot however, is definitely better for the Ost one.
It used to be Soviet Sniper 3 second cloak, Ost sniper 2 second.

September 17th patch changed it to Ost sniper 6 seconds, Soviet sniper 3. Now the Ost sniper has the same recloak as Brit, to allow Brits to countersnipe.
28 Sep 2015, 04:00 AM

The Soviet sniper teams issue is the context of T1 not really providing very much utility. Move the ATG to the HQ with an unlock with either structure and I suspect we would see the amount of T1 openings skyrocket (also attached is the M3, but... w.e)
28 Sep 2015, 04:23 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Every Sniper seems to be over performing and is pretty bad for gameplay, freely sniping models and inflicting manpower bleed doesn't have any counter play and actually takes away from game flow since the player without the sniper will avoid engagements. I would like to see them have less sight range so they need other squads to sight for them which means you can't really Snipe models for free.
28 Sep 2015, 04:29 AM

Overall i feel it is slightly too weak, but caution needs to be exercised when buffing it.

Generally all of T1 seems to be quite weak, M3s not so good after the flamer changes, penals have always been shit, and soviet snipers are eh-eh.
28 Sep 2015, 06:26 AM

I got rekt by the Soviet sniper in a game yesterday on crossing in the woods. You can not counter snipe the Soviet sniper and since the tech cost you can always go t1 & t2 making light vehicles useless. Two soviet snipers will always force a retreat due the 4 men squads, so I don't think the sniper needs a buff. Honestly, less snipers means more fun.
28 Sep 2015, 07:02 AM

In my opinion the soviet sniper is overperform! Don't get me wrong, not by it's rate of fire and stuff, but because of it's cloackspeed. Or buff Ost and Brits sniper cloack speed or nerf the soviet cloackspeed also to 6 seconds.
28 Sep 2015, 10:16 AM
Patrion 14

I wanted to do a rant here but this thread does not deserve to be the target of my anti-sniper crusade. So I'll keep it simple.

Soviet Sniper's rate of fire is in a good spot at the moment, it is the Ostheer sniper that should be aligned to that. "But he's up against 6 man squads" nothing, the Brits and the US are in the game now, let's not pretend they don't exist.

I think the game would be much healthier if the snipers were reworked entirely. Baring that, I'd be happy with massive nerfs to fire ratem aim times and recloak times for all snipers, with cost adjustments accordingly of course.
28 Sep 2015, 10:42 AM

Soviet sniper is in a good place. The flare is useful and with the fuel changes it is much easier to combine t1 and t2 without delaying your tech too much. The only anoying thing about the unit is that OKW can spawn units next to them that will kill the team in like 2 seconds.
28 Sep 2015, 10:47 AM

Soviet sniper is in a good place. The flare is useful and with the fuel changes it is much easier to combine t1 and t2 without delaying your tech too much. The only anoying thing about the unit is that OKW can spawn units next to them that will kill the team in like 2 seconds.

Come on dude, we had a mutual agreement on Whatsapp that you would shut your mouth!! Thank you Much love Rawr Rawr
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★