Login

russian armor

A Brit Balance Thread. (yes, another)

26 Sep 2015, 12:00 PM

Agreed on evry single point exept the 6-pounder. The 6-pounder is really good for it's cost. And for Centaur, I think it need's a nerf.
26 Sep 2015, 12:18 PM

churchill is ok it can be easily beaten by stugs so dont bullshit about how OP it is pls :S
26 Sep 2015, 12:19 PM

churchill is ok it can be easily beaten by stugs so dont bullshit about how OP it is pls :S

It can be pushed back by stugs... beaten is a strong word for something that can withstand 10 shots from a Stug.

Pushed back to be healed, prob more accurate.

Combine it with a firefly and GG.
26 Sep 2015, 12:23 PM

this is going to be a mess, trying to have 10+ parallel discussions in one thread.
26 Sep 2015, 12:28 PM

Agreed on evry single point exept the 6-pounder. The 6-pounder is really good for it's cost. And for Centaur, I think it need's a nerf.

pretty much. centaur is too good for its cost, just wiping things way too quickly. RE spam with vickers/piats/whatnot also something that needs further looking into.
26 Sep 2015, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 12:19 PMCorsin

It can be pushed back by stugs... beaten is a strong word for something that can withstand 10 shots from a Stug.

Pushed back to be healed, prob more accurate.

Combine it with a firefly and GG.

Why you no reply to me? You no my fwiend?

26 Sep 2015, 13:00 PM

Churchill:I know people want its hp lower and armor raise, but there are a couple of axis weapons with insane penetration.

Against stuff like the pak43, elefant, and the jagdtiger, hp is really the only effective counter. Even the armor on the IS2 and King tiger are not reliable against the ubergun the axis have.

Firefly: lower its cost to 350mp 125 fuel. The firefly have a low ROF to keep it vulnerable to stuff like the stug and pz4. Just lower the price on the firefly and nerf the tulip. It's meant to be a sniper tank, meaning it should be vulnerable if caught out of position.

infantry: lower reinforcement cost to 30mp.

vicker: horrible suppression. the mg42 is still a overall superior mg.

AEC: horrible scaling. Lose to the ostwind and anything bigger. Comparatively the Puma is a excellent tank hunter that scale well into late game.

cromwell: speed is fine, and please don't bring history into this. We want to we can argue about the reliability of the panther vs cromwell all day. Just add a munition cost on warspeed. The ability is a copy of the ost blitz.

Scott?: I think you meant the Sexton?

Universal bren: too fragile. 200 hp with 10/5 armor is not enough. The wasp upgrade cost need a decrease. The 251 half upgrade get two flamethrower that deal more damage individually.
26 Sep 2015, 13:16 PM

^ his right, germans got jagtigers and elephants and paks and this is the reason why sometimes churchills are only hope. churchill canon is weak but hes got big hp so its balanced i guess
26 Sep 2015, 13:23 PM

^ his right, germans got jagtigers and elephants and paks and this is the reason why sometimes churchills are only hope. churchill canon is weak but hes got big hp so its balanced i guess

Maybe, but 150 fuel is still way too cheap for a tank that takes so much to take down.
26 Sep 2015, 13:27 PM

How does this adress the leig spam bleed? If commandos and churchills are so autowin why doesn't everyone play brits in the ocf?

Make brits even viable before you need to nerf everything. They need a counter to leig

Well I mean its pretty obvious this is more to do with vickers/commander bans, plus USF and soviets being so potent.

I mean have you seen the allied win ratio in OCF? Before making Brits viable, make at least one axis faction viable, even in 1v1 currently Brits while weak to ost are beating OKW and have a higher win ratio than both axis (This could be for numerous reasons though).

Leig spam is god damn annoying, but when OKW are losing more than any other faction, it's not so much a problem.

Also while Brits need an early game buff, they have to be careful with this as currently if Brits make it to late mid game then it can often just pretty much mean gg. If Brits had a really potent early game, then axis who are already in a bad spot, would pretty much just get wiped out by Brits.
26 Sep 2015, 13:47 PM

Well I mean its pretty obvious this is more to do with vickers/commander bans, plus USF and soviets being so potent.

I mean have you seen the allied win ratio in OCF? Before making Brits viable, make at least one axis faction viable, even in 1v1 currently Brits while weak to ost are beating OKW and have a higher win ratio than both axis (This could be for numerous reasons though).

Leig spam is god damn annoying, but when OKW are losing more than any other faction, it's not so much a problem.

Also while Brits need an early game buff, they have to be careful with this as currently if Brits make it to late mid game then it can often just pretty much mean gg. If Brits had a really potent early game, then axis who are already in a bad spot, would pretty much just get wiped out by Brits.

People are making commandos sound so broken that you can just make 1 squad and amove it to the enemy base while killing everything on the way just like the old tiger ace. Regardless of the UKF earlygame, just stall out for a commando squad and ezpz :bananadance:

Axis is in a weird spot yes, but that's worthy of another thread.
26 Sep 2015, 14:22 PM

It has 1400 hp for a 140 feul tank, it is to much. It should A get less HP to 1240HP or B it should cost 150 feul.
26 Sep 2015, 17:29 PM
Patrion 14

50mp reinforce cost is ridick.

bring the performance down for commandos and airlanding commandos to fit their price.
26 Sep 2015, 18:05 PM

The Jadgtiger/Elefant as a counter to Churchill's is silly when you consider the fact that both those tanks are very, very expensive late game tanks while the Churchill only costs 5 more fuel than a KV1 while being better in every way. By the time a Jadgtiger hits the field you have either already been overwhelmed or are just barely hanging on.

The Churchill just needs a reduction to 1280 health and 300 frontal armor or a huuuge price increase to reflect how durable it is.

vicker: horrible suppression. the mg42 is still a overall superior mg.

The reason the Vickers is weird is because they essentially just copied the MG42's stats.
26 Sep 2015, 18:13 PM

The Jadgtiger/Elefant as a counter to Churchill's is silly when you consider the fact that both those tanks are very, very expensive late game tanks while the Churchill only costs 5 more fuel than a KV1 while being better in every way. By the time a Jadgtiger hits the field you have either already been overwhelmed or are just barely hanging on.

The Churchill has about 180 (15(UKF starts with 20 fuel right?)+115+50) fuel tech cost.
26 Sep 2015, 18:17 PM

The Churchill has about 185 (20+115+50) fuel tech cost.

Yes? Unless you weren't ever going to tech anyway tech costs are useful for comparing timing and not much else. It's still dirt cheap for something with 1600 health and only 20 less armor than a Tiger I.

One of it's most powerful traits is it's excellent acceleration meaning it can deal with pathing issues really well (did you know it's got it's own special pathing AI?) ^_^
26 Sep 2015, 18:31 PM

Permanently Banned
26 Sep 2015, 18:58 PM

I actually agree with almost all of these suggestions, except for the Commandos reinforce change. 35 to 50 is too drastic, I'd say they're worth 40.

26 Sep 2015, 20:30 PM

are we playing the same game?

your changes wouldnt help brits piss poor early game, they have no effective arty, nothing to counter mg's in buildings the UC is trash and they have nothing to CC vehicles, their piats are god awful.

at the moment brits are being carried on the back of the centaur, croc and commandos.

fix the faction then nerf them.
26 Sep 2015, 20:35 PM

So basically nerf most things that haven't been nerfed yet (and some that already have been nerfed), keep borderline useless units unchanged (Vickers, Bren Carrier), and make IS cost less while also nerfing them.

Lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
unknown 22
Poland 12
United States 10
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W