Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjager FG-42 poll

Must FG-42 be an upgrade like Gren's LMG or Ober's MG34?
Option Distribution Votes
19%
81%
Total votes: 123
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Sep 2015, 10:31 AM

Guys, I think it's pretty unfair that Fallschirmjagers appear on battlefield with pretty strong weapons ready. It makes them easy for blobbing - you don't need anything but MP, OKW has a great MP income. It's really "low risk-high reward" unit so you even may not afraid to lose it, Jagers don't drop any weapon. Plus they have faust, grenades and you can spawn them even in fog of war.

Relic nerfed Obers making mg34 an ammo-upgrade but not Jagers. FG-42 was an upgrade in COH1, I don't see a reason not to do the same in COH2.
25 Sep 2015, 11:18 AM

Well, falls aren't exactly cheap infantry.

Their close range DPS also isn't over the top(since they are very effective at all ranges).

I don't really know any reason why anyone would blob a unit this expensive, they are extremely effective when positioned behind green cover.

Relic nerfed obers because they were batshit op still after many previous nerfs, I haven't seen anyone complaining about falls, they might not be a model infantry, but they certainly aren't too weak nor too strong.
25 Sep 2015, 11:25 AM

If you take away they weapons, you take away they utility. Then you have 4 models of squishy with no damage.

If you make them spawn without they weapons, you would need to compensate, like giving them HP, to fill exactly the same roll as obers, which would be pointless..
25 Sep 2015, 11:26 AM

Yeah, make those guys cost like 360mp and upgrade to Fallschrimjägergewehrs and buff their performance.
And bring back vCoh FG42 sound, CoH2 version sounds like low velocity carbine or something..
25 Sep 2015, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 11:26 AMl4hti
And bring back vCoh FG42 sound, CoH2 version sounds like low velocity carbine or something..

Yea that was a nice sound. Tututu. lol :)
25 Sep 2015, 11:32 AM

give them wooden stick instead, so they can beat the crap out of USF vet3 flamers
25 Sep 2015, 11:40 AM

give them wooden stick instead, so they can beat the crap out of USF vet3 flamers

+1

Sticks and Spoons are enough to beat the allied Infantry
25 Sep 2015, 11:42 AM

To be honest I'd rather them come out with something more potent than K98's. Perhaps having something like G43's to start of with then going to FG42's. In my opinion they have too much utility especially since they come out of buildings as opposed to of the map.

So I agree with making FG's an upgrade provided that they get a stong weapon in exchange, not just FG42's.
25 Sep 2015, 12:08 PM

falls, are perfectly fine, their dps is good at all ranges but not overperforming and they cost a whopping 440mp to call in and arent exactly cheap to reinforce. Theyre also squishy.

I dont see a single reason to change them, dont fix whats not broken.
25 Sep 2015, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 10:31 AMrejfor
Guys, I think it's pretty unfair that Fallschirmjagers appear on battlefield with pretty strong weapons ready. It makes them easy for blobbing - you don't need anything but MP, OKW has a great MP income. It's really "low risk-high reward" unit so you even may not afraid to lose it, Jagers don't drop any weapon. Plus they have faust, grenades and you can spawn them even in fog of war.

Relic nerfed Obers making mg34 an ammo-upgrade but not Jagers. FG-42 was an upgrade in COH1, I don't see a reason not to do the same in COH2.

Falls are fine, they're high risk high reward units, since they're pretty easy to kill. They're no commando's or schoks who can simply kill everything while moving close quarter. Falls have to be on mid range + cover else it won't work. 440 mp + the 40 mp reinforce is exactly what they should be. It's not broken, so don't fix it plx
25 Sep 2015, 12:26 PM

I would not change their FG42, but I would like to see these units not be available to be called in from buildings and see their cost reduced considerably.

You cannot afford to blob Falls...ever.
25 Sep 2015, 12:28 PM

If they HAD to get different weapons, 4 G43s that performed like beefed up M1 Garands would be fine.
25 Sep 2015, 12:30 PM

Ok guys, I see your opinion. I just think jagers are too good and their price isn't a weak point becase OKW has really big amount of MP. Shocks are only good in close combat plus they can't appear behind mgs and at-guns IN FOG OF WAR. I just want that OKW players pay anything for this unit because some players just mindlessly spam them. Maybe spending some ammo will tone this down like it was earlier with Obers.
25 Sep 2015, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 12:30 PMrejfor
Ok guys, I see your opinion. I just think jagers are too good and their price isn't a weak point becase OKW has really big amount of MP. Shocks are only good in close combat plus they can't appear behind mgs and at-guns IN FOG OF WAR. I just want that OKW players pay anything for this unit because some players just mindlessly spam them. Maybe spending some ammo will tone this down like it was earlier with Obers.

how exactly can you spam a 440mp 4 man unit in a normal game?
25 Sep 2015, 12:31 PM

I would not change their FG42, but I would like to see these units not be available to be called in from buildings and see their cost reduced considerably.

You cannot afford to blob Falls...ever.

This. I would make them 400 MP, with a tiny bit cheaper reinforcement cost and remove their Personal Teleportation Device.
25 Sep 2015, 12:39 PM

how exactly can you spam a 440mp 4 man unit in a normal game?

When I play 3v3 and 4v4 it happens pretty often.

Also it's absurdly easily to kill poor BM-13 with'em on some maps - first click to spawn, second click to faust it, FG-42 will quickly end it. Yes, it'd be good either to remove their house spawn ability (why they cannot paradrop on targeted location? they're FALLSCHIRMjagers after all) or make FG-42 an upgrade (it worked fine in COH1, why it cannot be in COH2?)
25 Sep 2015, 12:41 PM

I always play versus wehr, and I don't have any problems with fg-42.
25 Sep 2015, 12:45 PM

I always play versus wehr, and I don't have any problems with fg-42.

Probably because wehr units doesn't use FG-42. :snfBarton:
25 Sep 2015, 12:47 PM

relich should not name the unit fallshicmjager because its a disgrace to the unit that fighted in world war 2 this unit dont do justice to the name....they suck hard in this game along with obers especailly after the allied late game infy buffs and brits of course.Okw Elite My ASS
25 Sep 2015, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 12:45 PMKatitof

Probably because wehr units doesn't use FG-42. :snfBarton:

Goddamit, Katitof, you know that i meant - germans.
Sorry
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS