Login

russian armor

OKW Incendiary grenade needs to be looked at

PAGES (7)down
nee
28 Sep 2015, 08:06 AM

Posts in this thread make a point: there's no harm to a 1-2 second countdown timer after being thrown, especially if the target is a crew weapon that takes the same time to pack up and (try) to leave the target area. And of course a timer makes no difference if the target is an emplacement that can't move at all.

I could have sworn the grenade has a cooldown as well, though I've never needed to throw so many nades in such a short time, most of the time I bring another Volksgrenadier squad to throw a second one quickly.
28 Sep 2015, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 05:43 AMKpen97
maybe you should watch the engagements your units are in; so they don't get burnt alive by the incendiary grenade, all grenades have a key animation when they are thrown e.g USF rifleman thrown nade like a grid iron ball or they make a distinctive sound e.g g-nade from grenadiers. Its important to keep an eye on engagements to look or hear for cues that prompt you to doge inbound nades.

P.S get better macro skills.

Looking at your playercard while you tell someone to get better "macro(micro) skills"

Can't even take you seriously
28 Sep 2015, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 11:47 AMbert69

Looking at your playercard while you tell someone to get better "macro(micro) skills"

Can't even take you seriously

Most people make that mistake
28 Sep 2015, 12:14 PM

I really don't have any problem with it. I think it's just fine as it is actually..
Molotovs also don't have a fusetimer so?

Molotovs also have a very long animation, and are extremely easy to dodge. Not really comparable.
28 Sep 2015, 12:15 PM

That's why the throw animation should be longer than 0.25 secs. 1 sec would be ok
28 Sep 2015, 12:19 PM

That's why the throw animation should be longer than 0.25 secs. 1 sec would be ok

Agreed, as long as the throw animation is about on par with other grenades, then its fine.
28 Sep 2015, 12:34 PM

The dmg is good same as molotov. Don't overnerf it
28 Sep 2015, 12:57 PM

Incendiary grenades are far too powerful in its current state.

No fuse time very hard to dodge compared to other grenades when you are not paying attention

No cooldown between the Incendiary grenades and Infiltration grenades. Can easily throw a follow up. If a OKW player throws Infiltration grenades and you get out of a building, as soon as you get out and get back in he follows up with a incendiary grenade...

Incendiary grenades can easily inhibit your opponent from getting inside buildings, building slowly burns over time basically rendering the building complete useless. You cannot occupy building without losing health. The burn time duration is way too long.

Played vs them, lost HMG nearly (5/6) every time even if i started packing the moment i saw the soldier throw it. We need a larger time windows to escape it.

Thanks.
28 Sep 2015, 13:02 PM

It's exactly the same as the molotov, which is 15 munitions cheaper.

And...yes I know this Alex. But OKW has never had a building clearing ability before this so its damage to buildings is quite high for OKW.

Seriously Mister Doom Cloud, OKW is not that bad off. They are still potent, though they are due from some more balance changes.
28 Sep 2015, 13:04 PM

Played vs them, lost HMG nearly (5/6) every time even if i started packing the moment i saw the soldier throw it. We need a larger time windows to escape it.

Thanks.

The grenade is really nice, for 15 munitions more you get a very very fast molotov. The problem with weapon teams is that the allied ones don't teleport. This should be fixed immediately to prevent the grenade from wiping squads on a hard retreat.

TLDR: Its not the grenade its the animations.
28 Sep 2015, 13:21 PM

The grenade is really nice, for 15 munitions more you get a very very fast molotov. The problem with weapon teams is that the allied ones don't teleport. This should be fixed immediately to prevent the grenade from wiping squads on a hard retreat.

TLDR: Its not the grenade its the animations.

Pretty much this. Is there even a reason why the Allied ones don't teleport? The Maxim recrew death loop is quite possibly one of the most annoying things to watch. I assume its just Relic taking its usual sweet time fixing known issues?

Other than that I think its mostly okay now that they have reduced its impact damage. I think 15 more Muni for a faster throw animation is a pretty fair trade-off. I don't really want more copy-pasted units and abilities where incendiary grenades = molos
28 Sep 2015, 13:27 PM

I made the mistake of trying to use maxims against OKW yesterday. There's nothing more hilarious than watching the guy pushing the gun continuously die and try to switch members in the middle of a napalm storm
28 Sep 2015, 13:34 PM

Currently you can better go conscript spamming than going for Maxims. You'd probably do better
28 Sep 2015, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 05:43 AMKpen97
maybe you should watch the engagements your units are in; so they don't get burnt alive by the incendiary grenade, all grenades have a key animation when they are thrown e.g USF rifleman thrown nade like a grid iron ball or they make a distinctive sound e.g g-nade from grenadiers. Its important to keep an eye on engagements to look or hear for cues that prompt you to doge inbound nades.

P.S get better macro skills.

Good in theory, but when you're managing multiple fronts, you can't watch the animations. That key "grenade" shout not coming, makes it hard to "macro" to get your men out of the way.

28 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 14:39 PMGhostTX

Good in theory, but when you're managing multiple fronts, you can't watch the animations. That key "grenade" shout not coming, makes it hard to "macro" to get your men out of the way.

This is what I already said multiple times, but I hope they will finaly get it when more people say it.
28 Sep 2015, 17:01 PM

And...yes I know this Alex. But OKW has never had a building clearing ability before this so its damage to buildings is quite high for OKW.

Seriously Mister Doom Cloud, OKW is not that bad off. They are still potent, though they are due from some more balance changes.

So your justification for the outright false statement that it would need it's damage nerfed if it costs less in that it's more powerful because of the faction it's in? What in the Christ.

3 things are different from the Molotov to the Flame Nade

Projectile speed: Molotov > Flame nade

Throw time: Flame Nade > Molotov

Range: Flame Nade > Molotov

In all other respects they are exactly the same. When it comes to building clearance the molotov is better because it's cheaper and throw time doesn't matter when hitting a station target.

Yeah I don't think you need to lecture me on how to play OKW or the ability to win with OKW either.
28 Sep 2015, 18:51 PM

So your justification for the outright false statement that it would need it's damage nerfed if it costs less in that it's more powerful because of the faction it's in? What in the Christ.

3 things are different from the Molotov to the Flame Nade

Projectile speed: Molotov > Flame nade

Throw time: Flame Nade > Molotov

Range: Flame Nade > Molotov

In all other respects they are exactly the same. When it comes to building clearance the molotov is better because it's cheaper and throw time doesn't matter when hitting a station target.

Yeah I don't think you need to lecture me on how to play OKW or the ability to win with OKW either.

Except throw time and range are not trivial stats for a grenade. The ability to dodge a grenade makes a big difference in its effectiveness. That's why it's more expensive. It's much easier to avoid the damage from a molotov than an incendiary grenade, so it's combat effectiveness is much higher, regardless if the damage is the same.

If anything, molotovs should probably be more expensive. For how good they are now, 15 munitions might be too low. But that's off topic.
28 Sep 2015, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 18:51 PMZeaviS

Except throw time and range are not trivial stats for a grenade. The ability to dodge a grenade makes a big difference in its effectiveness. That's why it's more expensive. It's much easier to avoid the damage from a molotov than an incendiary grenade, so it's combat effectiveness is much higher, regardless if the damage is the same.

If anything, molotovs should probably be more expensive. For how good they are now, 15 munitions might be too low. But that's off topic.

Well, that would make a large amount of sense if the damage from Molotovs and Flame nades was concentrated in the explosion (it's not) and yknow not the DoT. Both are for pushing enemies out of buildings and providing ways to keep them out of cover. The whole point is it creates a no go area for a large amount of time.

In this, they are exactly the same and it makes very little sense for OKW (an already munitions strangled faction) to be reliant totally on expensive flame nades for garrison clearing. Basically at the moment totally forgoing Shrek upgrades is often the reality of man 1v1 and 2v2 matches because you need to be constantly using flame nades to get people out of builds due to how many Urban maps there are now, or just maps in general that have buildings covering important points and cut offs.

Iv already suggested literally mirroring the molotov and flame nade in totality and making them cost exactly the same (15 munitions) since they are both for clearing garrisons and cover not just throwing around open maps.

Nobody has really put forward any substantial logic in their posts about why it should cost twice as much as the molotov beside "It feels better" but you can't balance around feelings.
28 Sep 2015, 22:08 PM

Well, that would make a large amount of sense if the damage from Molotovs and Flame nades was concentrated in the explosion (it's not) and yknow not the DoT. Both are for pushing enemies out of buildings and providing ways to keep them out of cover. The whole point is it creates a no go area for a large amount of time.

In this, they are exactly the same and it makes very little sense for OKW (an already munitions strangled faction) to be reliant totally on expensive flame nades for garrison clearing. Basically at the moment totally forgoing Shrek upgrades is often the reality of man 1v1 and 2v2 matches because you need to be constantly using flame nades to get people out of builds due to how many Urban maps there are now, or just maps in general that have buildings covering important points and cut offs.

Iv already suggested literally mirroring the molotov and flame nade in totality and making them cost exactly the same (15 munitions) since they are both for clearing garrisons and cover not just throwing around open maps.

Nobody has really put forward any substantial logic in their posts about why it should cost twice as much as the molotov beside "It feels better" but you can't balance around feelings.

No it actually makes plenty of sense here too, completely dodging the molotov vs not dodging the incendiary in time means the difference between taking 0 damage and taking at least 60 ( 10 per model, assuming scripts ) actually maybe even more because of bonus flame damage to units in cover, and maybe even a tick or two of dot damage. It makes a big difference in battle, that's why people are screaming about this grenade and not the molotov. I've had to tell people numerous times that their damage is exactly the same, but incendiary hurts a lot more because it's harder to dodge.
30 Sep 2015, 00:56 AM

Yes, it does. MG crews still have a pack-up time when garrisoned.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS