Login

russian armor

OKW Incendiary grenade needs to be looked at

PAGES (7)down
24 Sep 2015, 06:45 AM

Incendiary grenades are far too powerful in its current state.

No fuse time very hard to dodge compared to other grenades when you are not paying attention

No cooldown between the Incendiary grenades and Infiltration grenades. Can easily throw a follow up. If a OKW player throws Infiltration grenades and you get out of a building, as soon as you get out and get back in he follows up with a incendiary grenade...

Incendiary grenades can easily inhibit your opponent from getting inside buildings, building slowly burns over time basically rendering the building complete useless. You cannot occupy building without losing health. The burn time duration is way too long.
24 Sep 2015, 06:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I just played a post-hotfix game against a guy who used incendiary grenades. Preliminary observation- they seem to be in a much better state, and for 30 munitions I think they're definitely not too strong.
24 Sep 2015, 06:56 AM

....can easily inhibit your opponent from getting inside buildings, building slowly burns over time basically rendering the building complete useless.
That's the whole point, /thread
24 Sep 2015, 06:58 AM

I'm not talking about the initial burst that takes 5 seconds or so/ I'm talking about the building slowly smoking and burning inside out and killing your units inside after 5 min you get in. It seems that every throw does a critical on the building.
24 Sep 2015, 07:00 AM

I'm not talking about the initial burst that takes 5 seconds or so/ I'm talking about the building slowly smoking and burning inside out and killing your units inside. It seems that every throw does a critical on the building.

That is what they were build for, clearing buildings, emplacements and hitting team crews. OKW needs to have such a tool especially on such a shitty unit. Let's not exagerate and nerf it to useless. It must have its role.
24 Sep 2015, 07:21 AM

The problem is not incendiary grenades being too strong, its just that they leave close to no time to react. Hell, even if I do react in time, my high ping almost ensures that everytime an incendiary grenade is thrown, i lose close to half of my squad's health.
To me it's just an anomaly in the logic of grenades, all grenades leave time to react. Bundled grenades, molotovs, and others all give at least a window of opportunity to dodge them. Why is it that the volk's incendiary grenade have such a throw time, and no fuse to boot? Not to mention they don't require teching to actually reach.
Yes, they deny cover/buildings. But should they be good to the point where in a 1v1 between a fight between conscripts in green cover and volks rushing them, the volks squad actually wins because of one incendiary grenade that I have 1 second to dodge with 250~ ping?
24 Sep 2015, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 07:00 AMJohnnyB

That is what they were build for, clearing buildings, emplacements and hitting team crews. OKW needs to have such a tool especially on such a shitty unit. Let's not exagerate and nerf it to useless. It must have its role.

LOL volks are a shitty unit?

"Cheapest infantry in the game with the best AT weapon = shit unit"
- JohnnyB AKA biggest axis shill on this forum

If they're going to explode on contact then they need to match the wind up and flight time of the molotov.
24 Sep 2015, 08:03 AM

non-vet, they are worse than the ostruppen, or on par at best. If they are going to be a lolotolove clone then their cost should be reduced to 12 muni.

I would appreciate some new, brain-based tactics rather than jumping inside stone buildings and winning the game in the first 10 seconds.
24 Sep 2015, 08:06 AM

Without these grenades it will be impossible to win from brits, since the damage those infantry sections have in cover are just insane. Perhaps give it the 10 dmg back that they nerfed it with, since the throw is slower than the molotov. Or make them the same speed and stuff as molotovs and the 10 dmg is fine.
24 Sep 2015, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 07:59 AMArclyte

LOL volks are a shitty unit?

"Cheapest infantry in the game with the best AT weapon = shit unit"
- JohnnyB AKA biggest axis shill on this forum

If they're going to explode on contact then they need to match the wind up and flight time of the molotov.

I wouldn't consider volks as being strong, since they are the shittiest unit at the start of a game. At the end of the game it's something different. Perhaps give some dmg output at vet 3/4/5 to vet 0/1/2 so they can make up against conscripts, infantry sections and riflemen. When I play OKW I sincerely miss some KAPOW and am almost forced to go with 2 volks to defeat 1 of those squads. Would I want to make them stronger in late game? Surely not. I would love to feel an extra upgrade for the volks to go LMG34/42 or Schrek so you can have some tactical stuff onto this, so that you have to dedicate your troops into a specialty.
24 Sep 2015, 08:10 AM

non-vet, they are worse than the ostruppen, or on par at best. If they are going to be a lolotolove clone then their cost should be reduced to 12 muni.

I would appreciate some new, brain-based tactics rather than jumping inside stone buildings and winning the game in the first 10 seconds.

Osttruppen are great, but only in cover. Volks are OKish in and out of cover, so I'd say they're on the same lvl.
24 Sep 2015, 08:13 AM

This grenade should perform like a molotov. Problem solved.
24 Sep 2015, 08:17 AM

I wouldn't consider volks as being strong, since they are the shittiest unit at the start of a game. At the end of the game it's something different. Perhaps give some dmg output at vet 3/4/5 to vet 0/1/2 so they can make up against conscripts, infantry sections and riflemen. When I play OKW I sincerely miss some KAPOW and am almost forced to go with 2 volks to defeat 1 of those squads. Would I want to make them stronger in late game? Surely not. I would love to feel an extra upgrade for the volks to go LMG34/42 or Schrek so you can have some tactical stuff onto this, so that you have to dedicate your troops into a specialty.

You want to have your cake and eat it too. Volks already have a specialty, and they're very good at it, which is why they're blobbed in every game. OKW starts off with a Sturm and tier 0 access to kubels for a reason.
24 Sep 2015, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 08:08 AMArclyte

how many accounts is this troll going to make? cant you guys IP ban this guy?

Hey, comrade Stalin, chill, will ya? Judging after your avatar and signature you can't be considered biased eather, I'm sure. It's fine to have an opposite opinion, but being disrespectfull will only draw same reply. And it seems that I don't even need to tell you more. The other people did that.

24 Sep 2015, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 08:17 AMArclyte

You want to have your cake and eat it too. Volks already have a specialty, and they're very good at it, which is why they're blobbed in every game. OKW starts off with a Sturm and tier 0 access to kubels for a reason.

As I've to agree on your point that they have sturms and kubels to counter it I have to compare the kubel with the bren carrier. Not by power but by durability. In my opinion the kubel unfortunatly just have too less survivability. Perhaps I play too agressively with the kubel, but I think it's worth more to have that extra volks on the field than a kubel.
24 Sep 2015, 08:33 AM

Kubel can reverse away from the carrier while only taking minor damage, and it can be repaired. Any damage you do to the UKF carrier can't be repaired until they tech up.

I use the carrier against kubels too, but smart players will kite and put enough damage on the carrier to make chasing the kubel a suicide run. Also, the carrier has terrible gun traverse and turns like ass, and that can be abused too.

Only time kubel is countered at the start is when a soviet makes a scout car
24 Sep 2015, 08:48 AM

This grenade should perform like a molotov. Problem solved.

I think it kinda does, stat-wise. Only shorter animation, but similar damage.
24 Sep 2015, 09:54 AM

The Axis forum warrior won again, this research-free-fast-throw-area-denial with impact alpha damage grenade is fine.....OK
let's swap this grenade to molotov then, I think every allied player will accept this "similar-motolov" thing.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS