Login

russian armor

best centaur counter?

9 Oct 2015, 17:55 PM

20 Oct 2015, 21:38 PM

I am fan of double puma myself. Even 1 puma with supported units is excellent. I noticed *cough* someone said they sucked but I have to say that I disagree.
That being said I think battleground headquarters is better against brits overall so... JP4 like everyone else already said.
21 Oct 2015, 02:24 AM

I am fan of double puma myself. Even 1 puma with supported units is excellent. I noticed *cough* someone said they sucked but I have to say that I disagree.
That being said I think battleground headquarters is better against brits overall so... JP4 like everyone else already said.

So far I have found delaying the second truck and getting a JP4 has worked well for me. I have wondered if the puma would work but I haven't exactly wanted to try it because of its lower armour.
21 Oct 2015, 02:56 AM

So far I have found delaying the second truck and getting a JP4 has worked well for me. I have wondered if the puma would work but I haven't exactly wanted to try it because of its lower armour.

try puma Fighting agains Centaur,
but check if centaur range is = to puma, cause i notice that that when puma shot the centaur at the max range of Puma Sight, Centaur turn the turret and shot it back,..i think i've mistaken or something,

just to check whether the centaur range is the same,
21 Oct 2015, 07:58 AM

The penetration on the Cenatur gun is too high so that the Centuar usually kills the Puma very fast. Only way would be to use Puma on max range but then again Puma has only 80 pen on max range which leads to bounced shots. The JP4 is the best answer, it just comes out when the Centaur comes and scales far better into late game than the Puma. In addition the JP4 is one of the best vetting units in game, able to hold back several tanks on its own.

Also The JP4 needs 4 shots to take the Centaur while the Puma needs 6, unless it's vet 3.
21 Oct 2015, 09:08 AM

The penetration on the Cenatur gun is too high so that the Centuar usually kills the Puma very fast. Only way would be to use Puma on max range but then again Puma has only 80 pen on max range which leads to bounced shots. The JP4 is the best answer, it just comes out when the Centaur comes and scales far better into late game than the Puma. In addition the JP4 is one of the best vetting units in game, able to hold back several tanks on its own.

Also The JP4 needs 4 shots to take the Centaur while the Puma needs 6, unless it's vet 3.

this and brit have sniper
RIP Puma
21 Oct 2015, 18:32 PM

thanks for the insight, I am bet I have been just lucky.

I did play a great game last night in fact where I had a vetted JP4 and I did just that.
21 Oct 2015, 23:09 PM

It's not like you build a puma and nothing else. The puma prevents him from bumrushing like a moron and its presence means that your other AT sources (Raketenwerfer, panzerschrecks) aren't simply killed outright. They soft counter each other and in a vacuum the puma will likely lose, but having one on the field is an important deterrent against aggressive centaur play.

Not to mention how good aimed shot is against the centaur.

Also HEAT rounds are an option, but I haven't tried it myself yet.

21 Oct 2015, 23:11 PM

I usually prefere a Jagdtiger Elefant combo + pak spam :megusta:
22 Oct 2015, 13:37 PM

In addition to AT, remember mines, if Centaur got hit by mine it is as good as dead, alternatively, if you can hit him with TWP, Centaur is toasted, this tank is slow as Ambulance and it got shit armor.
22 Oct 2015, 18:56 PM

In addition to AT, remember mines, if Centaur got hit by mine it is as good as dead, alternatively, if you can hit him with TWP, Centaur is toasted, this tank is slow as Ambulance and it got shit armor.

Pardon me for asking but What's "TWP"?
23 Oct 2015, 05:39 AM

Target Weak Point, the thing that makes Pak the best ATG in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★