Login

russian armor

a New RTS Coh-Like release

23 Sep 2015, 11:46 AM

It's ACT OF AGRESSION

Made in France ^_^

Here is the gameplay in 1080p : https://youtu.be/h-cTHH7Lx-c?t=38s

Here is the TRAILER :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94BilrIcemU

They made R.U.S.E .... Wargame escalation ... wargame airland battle ..... wargame red dragon.

But here it's completly different, it's like Company Of Heroes gameplay :thumbsup:

I will buy the game soon :romeoMug:
23 Sep 2015, 11:52 AM

Its completely different than coh, but still Eugen makes good games. Its more like C&C generals than anything else.
23 Sep 2015, 11:53 AM

Seems like a game made in the year 2000.. :p
23 Sep 2015, 11:54 AM
Benefactor 392

no where near close to CoH

it's like wargame with C&C combined
23 Sep 2015, 12:17 PM

This game need so much work, totaly unpolished. And there is no unit XP system, not even a little RNG situations (SC2 alike), these two things really keeping me from playing this...
23 Sep 2015, 14:22 PM

Seems like a game made in the year 2000.. :p

Lol graphics are better than COH 2 haha
23 Sep 2015, 14:26 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Act of Aggression is completely nothing like Coh2. It has basically 0 micro or tactics. It's just a game of tank spamming with a completely convoluted economy.
23 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM

TBH it's more of C&C-like rather than CoH-like.:romeoHype:
23 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM

Lol graphics are better than COH 2 haha

k
23 Sep 2015, 14:39 PM

It's closer to C&C Generals than it is to CoH 2. But saying that is insulting to C&C Generals. Where Generals has a straight forward and intuitive economy, Act of Aggression is a jumbled mess of a game. Where Generals has an interesting mix of units which require a solid combination and has (somewhat) solid balance, Act of Aggression is spam tanks to win. It has no micro in it, it has none of the dodging and weaving C&C has.

Comparing it to CoH or C&C is just plain wrong.
23 Sep 2015, 14:47 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It's closer to C&C Generals than it is to CoH 2. But saying that is insulting to C&C Generals. Where Generals has a straight forward and intuitive economy, Act of Aggression is a jumbled mess of a game. Where Generals has an interesting mix of units which require a solid combination and has (somewhat) solid balance, Act of Aggression is spam tanks to win. It has no micro in it, it has none of the dodging and weaving C&C has.

Comparing it to CoH or C&C is just plain wrong.

This guy... he knows what's up.
24 Sep 2015, 10:58 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Not interested in learning a new RTS.
24 Sep 2015, 11:01 AM

GL on the new game!

First I was interested in this (like 6 months ago) but then I watched couple of in game videos and not anymore.
24 Sep 2015, 11:33 AM

Tank spamming ?

WTF

You know this studio ?

Wargame requier a lot of more experience than in coh 2 for be good in this game lol
24 Sep 2015, 11:39 AM

+1 to CadianGuardsman
24 Sep 2015, 11:56 AM

It somehow reminds me of the canceled CnC generals.
Just based on looking at the first 2 mins of the demo you could already tell its more of the typical base building RTS game rather than anything similar to CoH is.

It could be fun though, I might look it up when its on sale.
24 Sep 2015, 12:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

It's more like an arcade.
24 Sep 2015, 13:19 PM
Benefactor 392

wargame is not AoA. wargame is better. i've played AoA a bit, and all i get out of it is this world of goo feel were i just build units to A-move, yeah sure you sim city to death as well. but its just not interesting one bit.

I find it lacks the depth of a good strategy game. all your units are mostly passive and that generates a lot of free time. which makes the game uninteresting. Unlike for example starcraft you have all these really awesome caster abilities where half the units can do pretty things.

In all i'd rather play stronghold crusader 2 over this game so far, and that game isn't close to as good as it's counterparts. but still i find it more fun and it stretches in how challenging it can be.

Honestly if you want to go for a game that is closer to AoA or world of goo but far better in all aspects play supreme commander forged alliance. It's more gratifying to win in a game. there is even a scene for such a game if you really want to go and join that community.

http://www.faforever.com/

It's smaller but I can just say that it would hold anyone a lot better then AoA for those who feel bored of CoH2
24 Sep 2015, 16:27 PM

Tank spamming ?

WTF

You know this studio ?

Wargame requier a lot of more experience than in coh 2 for be good in this game lol

Friend,

I've been playing Eugen System games since Act of War came out and while I was initially a fan I have to say that now I'm probably their biggest detractor. Infact I will humour you with my review of Act of Aggression taken straight from my practice script for a video I was going to to but turned into a 12 minute rant.

Act of Aggression is a RTS that claims to be a return to the classical style of RTS. Many games have attempted to return to this classic style of RTS with the biggest highlight being the spectacular mismanagement of C&C Generals 2 by EA.

Let me settle one thing first, Act of War and Wargame:European Escalation are some of my favourite games. Wargame was innovative and unique at the time of it release whereas Act of War was campy and fun. In these games we see the best that Eugen could do. Act of War, though fun was a C&C clone with all the failings and successes of C&C Generals. It had some interesting gimmicks that made it stand out from the group but on the whole it was a standard game backed up by solid voice acting and fun live action videos. I mention this because it is Act of Aggressions biggest failings, the voice acting in it is pathetic and dull. I've seen baby's first video game with more interesting voice acting that this. If this is what an Act of Aggression sounds like I don't want to know what an Act of Boredom sounds like. What's more the awesome Live Action movies are completely missing; replaced instead with dull, unimaginative CoD 4 style exposition clips with stock images and videos. For a company who has sold many copies of its game previously it doesn't seem to want to reinvest that dosh in to making a good game. The story is clichéd but not in the semi-entertainingly campy way Act of War's story was but in the "I'm stopping after 4 missions level of bad". But enough about story let's move on to the meat of the game.

The Game play is dull and uninspired. Units move slowly and always prefer to lock to roadways which leads to unintuitive and clunky combat. This would be a problem in a game like CoH 2 where cover is important or C&C were positioning is important but oh no, we are playing Act of Aggression where units die so quickly that all that matters are numbers and spamming OP units and the hard counters to said OP units. I stand by my statement in saying that comparing it to C&C Generals is an insult to C&C Generals. C&C Generals may be old and may have similar design philosophies, but those philosophies are much better implemented. Very rarely will you not have a chance to react in C&C, if you make a mistake you can at least try to respond. Don't bother here you'll just die tired. Harassment a key component to Classic style strategy games is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DISCOURAGED due to the interesting but flawed prisoner capture system. This leads to combat being always massive engagements that last only about 5 seconds.

The map design is terrible. The maps are so large that even if harassment was encouraged you wouldn't bother because the maps are huge. You may think that this encourages manoeuvre but you'd be wrong as people enter a gentlemen's agreement to not spend another 10 minutes flanking over the 10 spent building up. What this leads to is a boring game with massive amounts of downtime. It is much easier to defend than attack - a common theme in Eugen games that leads to some really boring games. In the beta I had a game last for 2 hours because neither of us was willing to attempt to push, when I did I got annihilated by base defences. The game lacks the nuance of C&C Generals command abilities and so game play stagnates to stalemate due to the size of the maps.

The UI is terrible - something you have to see to believe. I'll try n link my video about it in but seriously placing your resource bar at the top of the screen is one of the dumbest UI choices I've seen in a RTS in ages.

Finally it's economy. My god a more convoluted and unintuitive economy doesn't exist outside of Satan's hairy... you could call it a mini-game trying to figure out what unit does what and what is the ideal build order (it's spam tanks and AA tanks). Their are 3 resources you must collect however setting up the logistics train is boring and dull. You spend more time setting up for battle than fighting, but the setting up is CoH 2's minefield and killzone deployment or the careful positioning and dance of death that Generals has, no here you've got set up bloody resource buildings because macro is all that matters.

In my opinion Eugen doesn't have the talent to make a balanced game. CoH 2 and C&C Generals ain't perfect but if your thinking of replacing them with this game, keep looking. I would NOT recommend this game to anyone who has played a strategy game in the last 15 years because this game is stuck in the 90's without the fun of the campiness.

For those too lazy to read he's the same info dumped into a 12 rant on youtube:

Unless the game gets some really good post launch support I don't see this game becoming anywhere near as popular as the current major RTS games. /rant over
8 Oct 2015, 18:57 PM

Just to set the record straight.

Wargame is nothing like CoH 2
Act of Aggression is nothing like Wargame.

Wargame> Coh2 > SC2 > AoW > AoA.

AoA was just a fetish pet project from Eugen Systems. After 3 Wargame titles they grew tired of it, seeing they loved C&C they wanted to give it a nod again using the Act of War/Wargame playerbase as a safety net. Yet they did not take into account that Wargame players hate the unrealistic unit spam, macro design and resource system of C&C clones so the vast majority of us did not buy AoA. Well it failed but it seems Eugen had fun developing it.

It seems they are now working on the next Wargame, which I'm excited for as the whole Wargame franchise absolutely shits on CoH 2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★