Login

russian armor

This automatch System HAS to be changed

Schould there be at least an option, rather to wait longer, than entering an potentially unfair match?
Option Distribution Votes
44%
56%
Total votes: 50
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Sep 2015, 14:33 PM

I would rather wait 5-10 minutes
than:

1. playing with random vs a Team.
2. playing with random who is AFK.
3. playing with random who is so bad, that ist not even funny anymore.

22 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

then get twice as much players every day in automatch
22 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

I hated it when nhi and I played 2v2 AT and there was no one playing, we werent pro, and we joined late, granted. But this game doesnt have 10k players playing similtaniously. So if there are 10 pre mades in 2v2 in your skill pool playing @ the same time, I dont wanna play the same guys over and over.. If there are no premades / weird hours, we cant 2v2 ?

No thanks.

System cant do jack about players being afk.
System cant do jack about you being stuck in a skill pool.

Add people you enjoyed playing with

Edit: Wait I guess im wrong about the AFK part, a ready button could work.
22 Sep 2015, 14:44 PM

Hey lets beat a dead horse!

No method of automatch will work if playerbase isn't large enough to sustain it across all skill levels.

You might wait 3 hours for a game with your solution.

Alternatively, you can play 1v1 or not play with randoms.
22 Sep 2015, 14:57 PM
Patrion 310

I would rather wait 5-10 minutes
than:

1. playing with random vs a Team.
2. playing with random who is AFK.
3. playing with random who is so bad, that ist not even funny anymore.

I would prefer the match making was a bit better because it can be frustrating (more so if you are highly ranked match with a low ranked guy vs two high ranked opponents).

However:

1. Teams are not always better. Some players wont play well together in a team or are just not that good.

2. Does happen but the primary reason is because you have to sit in queue for a long time and you don't notice when you finally get a game. Longer queue times might make this worse. Tends to happen very rarely at the top of the ladder.

3. Again this happens the the lower on the ladder you go.

What I would say is that despite all the above problems, if you are good at the game then you will get higher. Everyone has problems with crap match making or people that are not that good.

I play random 2's all the time and get screwed by matchmaking sometimes but so does the opponents as well. If you get a team mate who isn't very good then you should try to help him. Either support his side of the map so you can get control, even if it is only with a few units. Offer him advice and support. Whatever you do dont call him a noob or an idiot and don't tell him what to do. It really irritates me when people do that.
22 Sep 2015, 15:01 PM

Orrr just find friends to play with regularly instead?

I really don't think that the player base is large enough to support a "Only play with people X number of ranks from mine" feature. Besides, the way the ranking system works if you lose to someone with a much higher rank then your own rank doesn't take that much of hit. (I assume they average team ELO ranking?, No clue.)

It does kind of suck when you get paired with someone who is completely new and has no rank and therefore isn't very good... but if you make a "block newbie teammates" feature then COH2 becomes inaccessible to new players and would die out.

Just part of the game experience... If it bothers you that much then just play 1vs1.
22 Sep 2015, 15:05 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 14:44 PMKatitof
Hey lets beat a dead horse!

No method of automatch will work if playerbase isn't large enough to sustain it across all skill levels.

You might wait 3 hours for a game with your solution.

Katitof nailed it. Playerbase is just too small for such changes and playing with randoms is your own fault. Hard reality is hard.

/thread
22 Sep 2015, 15:09 PM

matchmaking is horrible bigtime, but whats even worse is the epic abuse/cheese u encounter currently which makes the game pretty much unplayable, and therefore less people playing, which makes bad matchmaking even worse. spam howis spam howis spam leig spam sprize 'tactics which seem popular too now, spam funny vickers range, croc, croc, spam partyzans, croc, seriously ?! then end up with someone not into meta just playing for 'fun' and
22 Sep 2015, 15:18 PM

Can't do anything, small player base. It is what it is.
22 Sep 2015, 15:20 PM

I know there are not enough players
Thats why i would like an option to rather wait longer.

It cant be that i was even at LVL 20.000! teamed with Siberian.
Ok due to RNG god we won cause nearly every second of my B2 arty shells whiped a squad... but many other Players were just so unlucky to get teamed with me.
22 Sep 2015, 15:23 PM

I know there are not enough players
Thats why i would like an option to rather wait longer.

It cant be that i was even at LVL 20.000! teamed with Siberian.
Ok due to RNG god we won cause nearly every second of my B2 arty shells whiped a squad... but many other Players were just so unlucky to get teamed with me.

Dude, post Brit release I was like 1000 with Ost and got matched with Hans, versus Tume and Ram1. I wrecked the game, how do you think I feel?

But again, nothing can be done...
22 Sep 2015, 15:23 PM

NOOOO 2. match 2. time same AFK Player WTF
22 Sep 2015, 15:40 PM

Don't play with randoms, find yourself a mate or clan :)
All your troubles will go away :bananadance:
22 Sep 2015, 16:20 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 15:23 PMRMMLz

Dude, post Brit release I was like 1000 with Ost and got matched with Hans, versus Tume and Ram1. I wrecked the game, how do you think I feel?

But again, nothing can be done...

After 10 games with another Bear I got matched vs Jesulin and Milk. Doesn't get much worse than that :(
22 Sep 2015, 16:29 PM

After 10 games with another Bear I got matched vs Jesulin and Milk. Doesn't get much worse than that :(

Each time you play with new AT partner you are put in 10 placement games which are against all skill level players.

It only makes sense.

If you have won most of these 10 placement games, you'll be put in top 200, which means again, free for high skills to match you up with.

Real skill level is determined pretty much after 20 games(10 placement and 10 "adjusting" games after placement).
22 Sep 2015, 16:31 PM

[replay]http://www.coh2.org/file/9466/sry-for-raging.rec[/replay]

OK 2. time in a row with him... and not the first time AFKing
But the first time we really played... he wasnt that bad

Sorry for raging so hard... then I slowly started playing after concidering to go for a smoke for too long.
Then I was enraged and wanted to win bad
22 Sep 2015, 18:08 PM

just playing for 'fun'

22 Sep 2015, 18:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@OP: This is not a Balance topic

Moved to the Lobby.
22 Sep 2015, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 14:44 PMKatitof

1v1 is in much worse situation.

I'am frequently matched against top 10 players when i'm ranked like 200. But I can imagine its hard to do this better because lack of players and factions system. Yet, it's really frustrating.

22 Sep 2015, 18:19 PM
Patrion 14

i wait 5-10 min to get a shitty teammate/opponent anyway...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★