Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
23 Sep 2015, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 11:52 AMKatitof

OKW: Scavange arty with lots of muni, zeroing arty.
Wehr: Sector arty, close annihilate the pocket.

All of these will obliterate stuff in range in a matter of seconds.

not the same ballpark, not even the same game. CAS is too strong, but comparing it with an abilitiy that wipes literally everything in its huge ass rage is pretty stupid.
23 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM

As I agree that Scavage can be very strong the close the pocket of the Wehrmacht comes in a very specific doctrine + very exclusive needs for the work You have to detach the sector to make it work.
23 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM
Benefactor 392

I find it really hard to save up 325 muni, or is it 375? this ability is near impossible for me to reach as i'm constantly doing other more important things with my muni
23 Sep 2015, 12:23 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 11:50 AMcr4wler

not gonna go into it in detail... but they got outplayed over the entire game by their own admission, used 1 wide-ass ability on a narrow map that killed pretty much everything. so YES, that AS was waht decided the game. single handedly.

no other faction has anything that even comes close to this level of destruction, nor should they.

air supremacy is broken in its current state. as with most british units/abilities it is retardedly overpowered if used in the right context and pretty useless when not applicable.

Do you have a replay?
23 Sep 2015, 12:31 PM

No they won't. Except for close the pocket all of those abilities are pretty much just a waste except for Scavenge. Zeroing Artillery as I mentioned earlier is bugged and doesn't work properly (or maybe Relic intended it to be shit? I don't know).

Scavenge's scaling isn't worth saving up munitions for it. Just use it when you need to. And no it won't obliterate tanks the same way Air Supremacy does.

Do you have a replay?

I didn't lose this game, but the Ability killed 2 of my trucks. http://www.coh2.org/replay/41503/2v2-air-supremacy

As I said earlier, the ability in total drops 12 tactical bombs which each do 300 damage with a very large AoE making it fairly easy to kill multiple trucks in one call in.
23 Sep 2015, 12:34 PM

Do you have a replay?

for the sake of my sanity i hope you're joking.
23 Sep 2015, 12:41 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 12:34 PMcr4wler

for the sake of my sanity i hope you're joking.

I'm bored of people claiming they had won a game only for a player to drop an arty on them and then win the game. So I want to see all the above games to see either A: you were not really winning by such a margin or B: you fucked up having all of your trucks too close and not moving units out of the arty area.

Losing a truck or 2 is of course possible. Losing the majority of the army, well that is just bad play since it takes ages to actually drop the bombs, more than enough time to move your units out of the area.
23 Sep 2015, 12:44 PM

I'm bored of people claiming they had won a game only for a player to drop an arty on them and then win the game. So I want to see all the above games to see either A: you were not really winning by such a margin or B: you fucked up having all of your trucks too close and not moving units out of the arty area.

Losing a truck or 2 is of course possible. Losing the majority of the army, well that is just bad play since it takes ages to actually drop the bombs, more than enough time to move your units out of the area.

Are you just going to totally ignore the fact that the massive AoE is so huge that it can easily kill multiple trucks even if you spread them out. And that spreading them out is not always possible on many of the cramped 1v1 and 2v2 maps in the game.

There is also the issue of the fact no other ability in the game can replicate this kind of damage over such a wide area. So why exactly do Brits get an ability that can totally negate a core feature of OKW's design?

Even USF Mech Artillery can only severally damage 1 truck.

23 Sep 2015, 12:50 PM

Yes, Im going to argue that cause I ve launched several test with 2 trucks next to each other within lenght of heavy tank and not a single time during 8 tests, 2 trucks went down.

It's 1 down, 2 with over 50% HP or 2 alive with 20-30% health.

And they are standing withtin lenght of a KT next to each other.

No other ability costs over 300ammo.

23 Sep 2015, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 07:26 AMJohnnyB
Yep, Iron, experienced yesterday evening the air supremacy pill in a 3v3. Just sayin' that without it, they wouldn't have won. When all idiots begin to beat you when you are overplaying them, it's something wrong with the abilities their army have.
3 OKW buildings erased from the face of the earth just with this skill strike.
And if anyone dares to say "place your buildings in base" on a 3v3 map, I will just tell him to go f.... himself.

Maybe....not build 3x OKW buildings clumped together?
23 Sep 2015, 12:53 PM

Yes, Im going to argue that cause I ve launched several test with 2 trucks next to each other within lenght of heavy tank and not a single time during 8 tests, 2 trucks went down.

Exactly this, it is *325* ammo - a massive cost.
23 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

I literally just posted a replay of it happening, mate. If your going to claim things like this you need to actually post some proof.

Also 325 munitions for this is cheap as hell considering it it can cause more damage than 3 IL-2 bombing runs.
23 Sep 2015, 12:58 PM

I literally just posted a replay of it happening, mate. If your going to claim things like this you need to actually post some proof.

Also 325 munitions for this is cheap as hell considering it it can cause more damage than 3 IL-2 bombing runs.

Yea, its perfectly valid to compare it this way, because every single bomb lands on the area of JT size.
23 Sep 2015, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 12:58 PMKatitof

Yea, its perfectly valid to compare it this way, because every single bomb lands on the area of JT size.

Actually because the way the bombs land (in a box not a line) and with their higher AoE they do more damage than IL-2 bombs do.

Tac Bombs:

| | | can_harm_shooter: false;
| | | damage: {
| | | | far: 0.05f;
| | | | mid: 0.35f;
| | | | near: 1f;
| | | };

IL-2 Bombs:

| | | can_harm_shooter: false;
| | | damage: {
| | | | far: 0.05f;
| | | | mid: 0.15f;
| | | | near: 1f;
| | | };

23 Sep 2015, 13:05 PM

This is what I do, always provide a proof.

Going to edit this post in 5mins with proof.

I think it's enough.

If you use ability ON the truck, it's going to die, but rest trucks near will be totally safe (damaged but no destroyed).

If you use it in the middle of the trucks, you will damage trucks a bit more, but there is a chance that all of them might survive (a bit low chance) so in the end it's better to use it in the middle of the trucks, but still, who's goona place trucks like this around 1 point next to each other? :luvDerp:

Place it more reasonable and it won't even tickle rest 2 trucks.

AS was used both times in the middle of trucks. Once I used it on the Schwerer, it almost did not nothing to the rest so I even did not upload it.
23 Sep 2015, 13:09 PM

not even going to argue here, since you obviously didnt read it. ability is way too strong and should be brought in line with other abilities, both in cost and effectivity.
23 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

This is what I do, always provide a proof.

Going to edit this post in 5mins with proof.

I think it's enough.

If you use ability ON the truck, it's going to die, but rest trucks near will be totally safe (damaged but no destroyed).

If you use it in the middle of the trucks, you will damage trucks a bit more, but there is a chance that all of them might survive (a bit low chance) so in the end it's better to use it in the middle of the trucks, but still, who's goona place trucks like this around 1 point next to each other? :luvDerp:

Place it more reasonable and it won't even tickle rest 2 trucks.

AS was used both times in the middle of trucks. Once I used it on the Schwerer, it almost did not nothing to the rest so I even did not upload it.

How can you look at that and actually come to the conclusion that it's totally okay to do that kind of damage for only 325 munitions. So are we going to reduce the price of IL-2 bombing run to 100 munitions because your only doing about 1/3 of the damage of Air Supremacy? Like I literally have a replay posted in this thread of Air Supremacy killing two of trucks and I guess were going to gloss over it to defend this blatantly broken ability for the next 20 pages.

Just because you can actually still win despite something doesn't mean it's not broken. Although I'm kind of wondering what exactly what people here won't defend to the death despite both Axis factions dipping into the negative win rates in 1v1 and 2v2.
23 Sep 2015, 13:37 PM
Patrion 310

Are you just going to totally ignore the fact that the massive AoE is so huge that it can easily kill multiple trucks even if you spread them out. And that spreading them out is not always possible on many of the cramped 1v1 and 2v2 maps in the game.

There is also the issue of the fact no other ability in the game can replicate this kind of damage over such a wide area. So why exactly do Brits get an ability that can totally negate a core feature of OKW's design?

I already suggested lowering its damage against OKW Trucks. What I am wanting to see are all the people crying that they had the game in the bag, 1 player used the arty strike and bam, game lost. Yet no one seems to be happy to provide the replay.

In your replay, 3 trucks were very close together. You had (your team) Mech on the left, Med in the middle and Flak on the right. 2/3 trucks did die, though the med truck lived. Imo the mech truck does not need to be that close to the frontline. If that had been in base or just outside, only 1 truck would have died. The Brit player called in a Glider @ 17 mins. Commando's were seen @ minute 19. You started building your 3rd truck @ 23 mins. The brit player had 2 commanders with Commando's in so it was a 50/50 chance of him picking the one with AS in. No airlander officer had been seen and he had commandos out pretty quickly after the glider landed, so that would give you a good idea that he would have AS. Knowing all of that, why build your 3rd truck so close and not further away where it is safe. Part of being a good player is noticing these things and acting upon them (not that being good with 1 faction = being good at the game)

Considering the cost of the ability, I think that is a pretty poor trade on behalf of the Brit player since he didn't buy any weapon upgrades the entire game and I didn't see any mines being placed. IS without brens are really not that deadly once you get into mid / late game. He was pretty clearly going to be floating a lot of munitions.

Your flak truck did die but, that is the nature in having a building on or very close to the frontline. It is not essential to have it on the front line, sure its pretty useful but that is a risk you take. It can still be used further back to cover base rushes or back capping and you still retain its primary fucntion (to build units).

Stuka dive bomb can kill multiple units easily and is pretty cheap considering there is 0 smoke / mini map marker and hits pretty quickly. Sure this one can do a lot of damage but its also really easy for it to do very little damage to units and vehicles, since you have such a longer time to remove stuff from the area.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 13:09 PMcr4wler

not even going to argue here, since you obviously didnt read it. ability is way too strong and should be brought in line with other abilities, both in cost and effectivity.

I read what you wrote. In summary you said that they were outplayed, used 1 ability that "killed pretty much everything". One or 2 trucks does not = everything. If you lost a load of units to it, then that is your fault for not moving. There are plenty of signs its coming, just because you didn't see any bombs drop after 5 or 10 seconds, doesn't mean nothing is coming. If you are losing all your units to an easily avoidable bomb strike, the bomb strike is not the problem but your ability in this game. The fact you wont provide a replay just further proves to me that in your case it is a L2P issue.

And before you all start crying at me, I am not saying that this ability is not OP or balanced, but that there are ways to avoid it damaging units (takes 20s or so to actually drop bombs, easy to remove stuff from the area) and there are ways to avoiding it killing 2 or 3 trucks in 1 barrage. You cannot avoid a stuka strike on a static emplacement, why are you not making threads suggesting that be nerfed?
23 Sep 2015, 13:39 PM

I haven't read through the entire thread but... I mean, can't you just NOT build all of your trucks in one place? Granted if they use the ability, you're still guaranteed to lose that truck, but he's basically spending 325 munitions at that point to eliminate one of your tech structures that you'll eventually be able to rebuild.

As others have said, there's a HUGE delay from when it's called in to when the payload actually hits. If you're playing OKW against the Brits and you lose more than one truck to Air Supremacy, aren't you sort of asking for it?

It's kinda like how building emplacements against the OKW is sort of asking for them to be destroyed by ISGs.

Also, the argument that on cramped maps, you have no way to spread your trucks out is kinda moot, because on smaller maps like that, you're not really hurting yourself putting one or two trucks in your base anyway.

Shrug.
23 Sep 2015, 13:45 PM

snip

if you read the very first sentence of the post you quoted you'd know how stupid your request for a replay sounds.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS