Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
22 Sep 2015, 21:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think this ability needs a cost reduction, a damage nerf, and to be allowed in base sectors. Being powerless to protect your tech structures from an off map ability is bad design. I think if relic designs any kind of artillery ability that needs to be blocked from base sectors, that design needs to be revisited. It's a pretty huge red flag for OKW.
22 Sep 2015, 22:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 21:15 PMRomeo
I think this ability needs a cost reduction, a damage nerf, and to be allowed in base sectors. Being powerless to protect your tech structures from an off map ability is bad design. I think if relic designs any kind of artillery ability that needs to be blocked from base sectors, that design needs to be revisited. It's a pretty huge red flag for OKW.

Just think of it vs Wehrmacht if it could hit the base sector :guyokay:
23 Sep 2015, 00:17 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 14:53 PMKatitof

Scavange arty was QUITE LITERALLY an IWIN button.

Air Supremacy doesn't grant you victory by annihilation 20 seconds after you click it.

This is the fundamental difference.

For F*$Ks sake, just stop. I wasn't going to dive into this thread but this logic is so faulted I can't help but think your just trolling now.

What does an ability from a long time ago, from a galaxy far far away, that's been changed, have anything to do British air supremacy.

NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL.

Mistakes of the past do not excuse mistakes of the present.

With regards to the topic of the thread - I'm of the opinion that "one shoting" a base building, regardless of position on the map, shouldn't happen.
23 Sep 2015, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 07:51 AMKatitof
Seriously, three satchels can pop a truck and you people go nuts over 325mun 12cp late game 20 second delay off-map being destructive?

You need to get 3 Penal Squads next to the truck to actually do that. The other ability is just click on the map and done.
23 Sep 2015, 03:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 20:54 PMcr4wler

the "i win" button was hyperbole. replay, as requested:

if pak43 pays for itself by shooting once or twice, then all emplacements pay for themselves simply by getting built. what i'm saying is that a croc shouldn't just be able to drive up to a pak43, decrew it, and drive out. no replay here, but i had that happen to me once, where a croc drives up to pak43, decrews it with one flame shot, drives out... all the while getting shot at by the pak43, a pak 40 and a tiger. admittedly, that was back when it still had 1600hp. still, i'm not even complaining too hard about the croc, because if it gets nerfed a lot, it'll be way too weak for the time it comes and its cost. but air supremacy is way too strong, no argueing about that.

btw, infrared doesnt give LoS, it only lets you see where the units are. it's very strong, but on the other hand has no weapon and gets oneshot if anything gets close.

Keep in mind that you posted a replay from before patch so I had a little trouble watching it, but I will say that the AS was good but not why you lost.

You blobbed around your med trucks to reinforce, and failed to put pressure around the map to take points. Frequently you lost squads to throw away missions even after you had secured large sectors of the map. At the start of the game both Brit players were extremely low on troops and yet you did not follow up your wins, but instead bunkered down on your med. You did not push mid VP until later allowing the Brit player to stay in the game longer.

Really what I saw was Brit player realizing you had become extremely entrenched and using that to beat you, while you did not realize how much of an advantage you had at the beginning of the game and failing to exploit that. Next time don't bunker down, keep attacking.

Also just quick thing about the Pak 43, if you had a Pak 43 get decrewed by Croc who cares? Just recrew it for 60-90 MP. You also don't need LoS for it, just attack ground where you hear or know there are tanks and viola tanks blow up. A Pak 43 with even a modicum of support will defeat a Croc easily. They don't prevent tanks from being used the lower the window on how long a tank can operate near you. Also they are going to be the focus of every one of your opponents attacks.
23 Sep 2015, 05:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 14:42 PMKatitof

"at its prime" was in reference to its past performance, before additional shells were hard capped and the arty prevented from base use.

Stop with your ridiculous bias. You are running out of arguments and this is becomming embarassing.
23 Sep 2015, 05:39 AM

OKW truck survivability seems to be a recurring issue. First it was ML-20 nuking them, now it's brit super off maps. Unless OKW trucks are changed, there will always have to be a limit on the power of off maps and indirect fire weapons to keep from 1 click nuking important tech structures.

Why not give OKW trucks brace? Have it only unlock after putting down all three trucks, that way you can still punish someone for trying to put down a aggressive medic truck or flak truck early game.
23 Sep 2015, 07:26 AM

Yep, Iron, experienced yesterday evening the air supremacy pill in a 3v3. Just sayin' that without it, they wouldn't have won. When all idiots begin to beat you when you are overplaying them, it's something wrong with the abilities their army have.
3 OKW buildings erased from the face of the earth just with this skill strike.
And if anyone dares to say "place your buildings in base" on a 3v3 map, I will just tell him to go f.... himself.
23 Sep 2015, 07:31 AM

That's indeed the problem JohnnyB. I've lost too many games because of that strike, where I'd have otherwise a chance of 90% of winning.
23 Sep 2015, 07:32 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 07:26 AMJohnnyB
Yep, Iron, experienced yesterday evening the air supremacy pill in a 3v3. Just sayin' that without it, they wouldn't have won. When all idiots begin to beat you when you are overplaying them, it's something wrong with the abilities their army have.
3 OKW buildings erased from the face of the earth just with this skill strike.
And if anyone dares to say "place your buildings in base" on a 3v3 map, I will just tell him to go f.... himself.

Can you upload the replay?
23 Sep 2015, 07:34 AM

Fuckin' no, because I ragequit and I don't usualy do that. I will ask my mates if they saved it, when I am back from work.
23 Sep 2015, 07:38 AM

I do have some replays for you. If the hotfix isn't coming today I'll show you the pew pew KAPOW shit
23 Sep 2015, 07:50 AM

How could you lose all 3 trucks? You put them next to each other without space for infantry between them?

What I find a bit funy is that you claim many things like losing 3 trucks to AS (while AS cannot kill even 2 trucks when they are within heavy tank range) or that someone used 25punder agasint you with great efficiency etc, then someone asks you for a replay but you never upload it because something or you just ignore.
Point is, if you claim something unusuall, you should upload a replay with such thing.

PS
Rage quit does not mean that there is no replay.
23 Sep 2015, 09:06 AM

How could you lose all 3 trucks? You put them next to each other without space for infantry between them?

What I find a bit funy is that you claim many things like losing 3 trucks to AS (while AS cannot kill even 2 trucks when they are within heavy tank range) or that someone used 25punder agasint you with great efficiency etc, then someone asks you for a replay but you never upload it because something or you just ignore.
Point is, if you claim something unusuall, you should upload a replay with such thing.

PS
Rage quit does not mean that there is no replay.

Lol, no. Never said there were 3 tucks in one hit. They were able to strike 3 times with the skill planes. It was a long game. But I know all I could possibly say me and other guys about the OPness of this ability won't convince you, so why bother asking things...?

I pray you will feel what we felt while playing OKW and then come here and say the ability is balanced. Just lol.

PS - yes it means if you didn't save and play another game after.
23 Sep 2015, 10:08 AM

Yesterday Romeo and SPrice used it on my and my random teammate. Killed nothing (we were playing as ost and OKW) but they could not force way to trucks, while none unit died because of how slow it is
23 Sep 2015, 10:50 AM

Yesterday Romeo and SPrice used it on my and my random teammate. Killed nothing (we were playing as ost and OKW) but they could not force way to trucks, while none unit died because of how slow it is

Exactly, they didn't find yours. Well, we weren't so lucky.
23 Sep 2015, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 10:50 AMJohnnyB

Exactly, they didn't find yours. Well, we weren't so lucky.

:hansRNG: was with him that day
23 Sep 2015, 11:20 AM

I find all Brits offmap abilities can be used in such large areas. Compared to vanilla ost and soviet ones, they are too OP. Relic need rework all other faction offmap abilities if they comit brits ones.
23 Sep 2015, 11:50 AM

Keep in mind that you posted a replay from before patch so I had a little trouble watching it, but I will say that the AS was good but not why you lost.

You blobbed around your med trucks to reinforce, and failed to put pressure around the map to take points. Frequently you lost squads to throw away missions even after you had secured large sectors of the map. At the start of the game both Brit players were extremely low on troops and yet you did not follow up your wins, but instead bunkered down on your med. You did not push mid VP until later allowing the Brit player to stay in the game longer.

Really what I saw was Brit player realizing you had become extremely entrenched and using that to beat you, while you did not realize how much of an advantage you had at the beginning of the game and failing to exploit that. Next time don't bunker down, keep attacking.

Also just quick thing about the Pak 43, if you had a Pak 43 get decrewed by Croc who cares? Just recrew it for 60-90 MP. You also don't need LoS for it, just attack ground where you hear or know there are tanks and viola tanks blow up. A Pak 43 with even a modicum of support will defeat a Croc easily. They don't prevent tanks from being used the lower the window on how long a tank can operate near you. Also they are going to be the focus of every one of your opponents attacks.

not gonna go into it in detail... but they got outplayed over the entire game by their own admission, used 1 wide-ass ability on a narrow map that killed pretty much everything. so YES, that AS was waht decided the game. single handedly.

no other faction has anything that even comes close to this level of destruction, nor should they.

air supremacy is broken in its current state. as with most british units/abilities it is retardedly overpowered if used in the right context and pretty useless when not applicable.
23 Sep 2015, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 11:50 AMcr4wler

no other faction has anything that even comes close to this level of destruction, nor should they.

OKW: Scavange arty with lots of muni, zeroing arty.
Wehr: Sector arty, close annihilate the pocket.

All of these will obliterate stuff in range in a matter of seconds.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS