Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
22 Sep 2015, 09:19 AM

I've seriously never seen that happening. How much ammo did you have? Since it has more effect while you have more ammo...
22 Sep 2015, 09:23 AM

What game modes are we talking about here because I can only recall it destroying a truck once in a 4v4. Most people are playing a different commander from my experience.

All games I've done with 3v3-4v4 it uses the goddamn commando doctrine. So I meet it every time. 1-1 2v2 I often see the Vanguard (understandable)
22 Sep 2015, 10:23 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 22:47 PMKatitof

This is pretty much what every single OKW off-map does.

That is why I don't like those abilities as well. Especially close the pocket, that ability makes no sense.
22 Sep 2015, 10:24 AM

That is why I don't like those abilities as well. Especially close the pocket, that ability makes no sense.

Stormless would like to have a word with you on that :D.
22 Sep 2015, 10:26 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 10:24 AMJohnnyB

Stormless would like to have a word with you on that :D.

Are you referring to his close the pocket video where the ability totally won him the game?

It was pretty funny, but losing to that is just well, lame.
22 Sep 2015, 10:28 AM

Are you referring to his close the pocket video where the ability totally won him the game?

It was pretty funny, but losing to that is just well, lame.

He won several games with this ability that I sincerely find charming. You think that you have the game but... surprise, you haven't it. Such games and especially COH2 must include as much as possible features from real life and true combat situations.
22 Sep 2015, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 08:24 AMRMMLz

Yea... I wish it was possible to nerfs its damage a tiny bit versus trucks and also lower its price to compensate... but of course it's not possible to lower the price because it's written on kryptonite.

Yeah, except everyone else that wants it nerfed in this thread doesn't even think about adjusting the cost because my precious sws trucks!!, and then you end up with a soft wet shit like the current 90 muni wasp upgrade and everyone forgets that an allied thing is shit. Brits are dumpster tier right now and since relics reads all the whiny posts here and takes inspiration from it, I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf it, and only begin thinking about the cost several patches later just like they did with the jagdtiger.
22 Sep 2015, 11:20 AM

200mp and 40 or 80 fuel is not that much.

However, what gets OKW is the time to get the truck back.

I mean, its not like a retreat and healing point only, or a flak only. Its their whole tech tree and units we are talking about.

Im fine with 1 hit kill from something as expensive as a 320 muni stuff, however we should be able to rebuilt it with much less time than the 180 secs.
22 Sep 2015, 11:31 AM

200mp and 40 or 80 fuel is not that much.

However, what gets OKW is the time to get the truck back.

I mean, its not like a retreat and healing point only, or a flak only. Its their whole tech tree and units we are talking about.

Im fine with 1 hit kill from something as expensive as a 320 muni stuff, however we should be able to rebuilt it with much less time than the 180 secs.

It is much for OKW. Keep the fuel income in mind. People are just annoyed that there is no counterplay, you can not protect from that. If you lose a tank to IL-2 bombs that fine because bad micro, went over a mine or whatever. But this situation is just like back then when scavenge arty was destroying the USF base.
22 Sep 2015, 11:43 AM

The thing is, it costs a lot! An arm and a leg!! 325 Munitions IIRC?

I played a custom 2v2 with some friends once, 2 OKW vs 2 Brits and we had inflicted some real damage on them, but they floated their resources pretty much the whole game and called both abilities at once and completely wiped us out. Some lucky squad wipes and all of our trucks gone, and it was gg 2 mins later.

I raged like hell, but to their credit, they played well and used the ability the exact way it is intended. Is it OP, maybe a little yes. It could do with a slight damage reduction for OKW trucks, but everything else is fine I think. It takes a long time to get, and it is designed to be a devastating ability, hence its cost.

Not what people want to hear I know, but oh well.
22 Sep 2015, 11:50 AM
Donator 11

There is also another commander, namely usf mechanised, that counters every okw truck that is build outside of base in no time. And guess what, it is said to be UP by 95% of players. What is the difference? The difference is that mechanised reveals itself with dodge or looses one of its best abilities while commando regiment doesn't so its harder to counter play. That said the 'remove the truck' ability is twice as expensive and it has no early counter to okw, so in my opinion against okw usf mechanised is better than ukf commando regiment! This example also shows how highly accteptable putting trucks in base is and always was.
22 Sep 2015, 11:53 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 10:28 AMJohnnyB

He won several games with this ability that I sincerely find charming. You think that you have the game but... surprise, you haven't it. Such games and especially COH2 must include as much as possible features from real life and true combat situations.

In that case we should have a close the Fallaise pocket for the USF, and Operation Bagration artillery strike annihilation for the Soviets.

I don't think we need as much features as possible from real life and true combat, we need good quality gameplay. It is a game, should remain a game, a game that is fun to play :)

22 Sep 2015, 12:05 PM

It is much for OKW. Keep the fuel income in mind. People are just annoyed that there is no counterplay, you can not protect from that. If you lose a tank to IL-2 bombs that fine because bad micro, went over a mine or whatever. But this situation is just like back then when scavenge arty was destroying the USF base.

It's indeed mainly the point that there is no counterplay to it. A fast recon sweep or commando drop inside that area and KAPOW 15 seconds later bases down... if the flak emplacement shot 3 of the 7 planes down then it would be something different, but the current AA capability of all units is just crap...
22 Sep 2015, 12:37 PM

It is much for OKW. Keep the fuel income in mind. People are just annoyed that there is no counterplay

I would be interested to hear the counterplay of US ToT on a pak43 or Stuka bomb on a B4 or soviet forward HQ.

Air supremacy is just those above abilities, but with a 15 second time to dodge and larger area radius with a hefty 325 muni price tag.

Honestly if you lose anything more than a 200mp truck it's your own fault.
22 Sep 2015, 12:49 PM
Patrion 310

How about a reduced damage modifier for it vs OKW Trucks / Buildings in general then? As Rollo says because of the fairly long delay before the bombs start dropping, its fairly easy to move units out of the area.

If its coming fairly soon after unlocking, chances are you will have had to drop weapon upgrades for IS which will give you fairly weak infantry based AI (unless spamming commandos but at 500mp+ each unit its not really possible).
22 Sep 2015, 12:52 PM

I dont understand why Relic keeps doing THE SAME EXACT DESIGN mistakes THAT THEY PREVIOUSLY FIXED.

We had USF arty oneshot OKW trucks before. It was bad design. It got changed.

Now it seems relic forgot all of that and just added the exact same shit with multiple british abilities.

(Air supremacy is just one of the culprits here, there are a few other brit abilities that oneshot OKW trucks)

22 Sep 2015, 12:58 PM

Lets also make it so no arty can destroy brit forward assembly and unbraced full hp emplacements since these are heavy investments as well, ok? :foreveralone:
22 Sep 2015, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 12:58 PMKatitof
Lets also make it so no arty can destroy brit forward assembly and unbraced full hp emplacements since these are heavy investments as well, ok? :foreveralone:

Yes, because from that assembly you can build all the units a tire provides, and brits are affected by the fuel penalty and.. oh wait!

Oh, I know, I know. Just make your forward assembly in your base and you will be safe. Just sayin' ;)
22 Sep 2015, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 13:04 PMJohnnyB

Yes, because from that assembly you can build all the units a tire provides, and brits are affected by the fuel penalty and.. oh wait!

In this case I have a great solution for you:

Build trucks in base, there, 100% one shot arty protection.

Oh, I know, I know. Just make your forward assembly in your base and you will be safe. Just sayin' ;)

How good that 100% of trucks retain their full usefulness when placed in base sector, totally risk free!
You can even use one to protect your cutoff for like 30 minutes, before it'll actually be threaten by 300+ muni strike!
22 Sep 2015, 13:09 PM

Wait.

Are you trying to tell me that deciding at the 3 minute mark to not build any of my HQ buildings outside of my base as a reaction to the CHANCE that my opponent goes commando regiment is "counterplay?"

Astounding.

This isn't even something doctrinal like an artillery piece. This is literally the core of OKW.

I wasn't talking in relation to this ability. I was talking in general.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS