Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
22 Sep 2015, 06:48 AM

I don't understand anything after this

If you make it not able kill hqs it's basically nerfed to the ground, who would even save 325 muni for a delayed airstrike that doesn't do enough damage to kill a hq? Wow it kills everything in a radius, but if we take into account that your opponent has half of a brain, he would move everything he could outside before it even hit.

The more problematic ability is the vanguard air support, since it does a shitton of damage on the first strafe and then just dies to any AA, but it doesn't kill okw trucks so I guess that ability is perfectly balanced

I personally have less problem with the Vanguard strike than the ASO strike yes. People say ooh AA can kill it, I've never seen my AA kill it even with 2x Ostwind Kappa
22 Sep 2015, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 06:22 AMKhan

Lol. Are you a special kind of retarded?

Great argument.
If you want your trucks safe and not to be destroyed, keep them in the base.
OKW do not suffer greatly from having to walk to and from the base all the time.

OPness of Air Supremacy is debatable, but there are multiple easier ways to destroy trucks than a very expensive bomb strike that comes out at 12cp
22 Sep 2015, 07:43 AM

OK, one last time.

OKW trucks are not only tech structures (when the last time you saw tech structures killing infantry?). They are also part of your defensive line providing fast healing, repair and keeping at bay infantry and light vehicles.

For 200MP 40F you gain huge advantages through entire game.

For 200MP 80F you can easily lock down sector and force enemy to fight on your terms.

Your retreat path is shorter by half than your enemy's.

You gain insane advantage by protecting your cut off with schwerer.

etc...
etc..
etc.

So here is a question. If you have so many advantages over your enemy through entire game, what are disadvanatges of trucks?

The only one is that, they can be destroyed. No matter how you achieve this by KV8, AT Gun, mortars, or late game off map. It does not matter.

They are not only for providin troops like any other tech structure. They are also part of your map presence power / part of your line defense that provide you great advtangaes over enemy during combat.

Another thing is resources trade.

3:2:1

325 ammo is enough to trade for 200 MP and 40F/80F.

I have a feeling that you are one sided here. You don't see how schwerer can cripple enemy, how big advantage Med HQ is giving to you, but when someone want's to erase them it's bad becuase it's 1-expensive-click.

Same 1-but not that expensive-click is applied to Schwerer covering huge part of the map without any further expenses.
22 Sep 2015, 07:43 AM

OKW building are cheap, cheaper than many units in game that can be OS by other tools. So from this perspective I don't really understand the complaint:
ML20 - B4 are OS by Stuka bomb
Medium - Light vehicles costing more than OKW building OS by Jagtigers

OKW players can easily build a new building in their base sector after the 1st one being destroyed, we are talking about 20/25 minutes before having the ability unlocked and probably more if the brit player upgrade his squads. Seeing how the bombing is expensive, the trade-off is clearly at OKW favor.
In comparison, ML-20 or B4 can't be build in base sector if the 1st one is destroyed.

Now if you really want to remove the capability of destroying OKW building, the price will need to be strongly decrease, which will make the ability more spammable, since a 180 ammo arty barrage already take out 60/70% of PanzerHQ building, we are talking about reducing its cost by half. Are you really sure you want that?
22 Sep 2015, 07:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 00:10 AMJadame!
Just give brace to OKW trucks (during which they cant function) if it such a big problem for them. Then buff Brit emplacements health to the level of OKW trucks.

Win/Win

Sure thing, give trucks brace, popcap of at least 10 per truck and allow them to be burned to the ground during brace by 3 molotovs, just like the emplacements :luvCarrot:

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 06:22 AMKhan

Lol. Are you a special kind of retarded?

Are you?

You don't need to place them forward ever since WFA alpha economy change, you have clear risk vs reward factor, put them forward and reap benefits, but risk destruction or put them in the base and be safe.

Seriously, three satchels can pop a truck and you people go nuts over 325mun 12cp late game 20 second delay off-map being destructive?
22 Sep 2015, 07:55 AM

OK, one last time.

OKW trucks are not only tech structures (when the last time you saw tech structures killing infantry?). They are also part of your defensive line providing fast healing, repair and keeping at bay infantry and light vehicles.

For 200MP 40F you gain huge advantages through entire game.

For 200MP 80F you can easily lock down sector and force enemy to fight on your terms.

Your retreat path is shorter by half than your enemy's.

You gain insane advantage by protecting your cut off with schwerer.

etc...
etc..
etc.

So here is a question. If you have so many advantages over your enemy through entire game, what are disadvanatges of trucks?

The only one is that, they can be destroyed. No matter how you achieve this by KV8, AT Gun, mortars, or late game off map. It does not matter.

They are not only for providin troops like any other tech structure. They are also part of your map presence power / part of your line defense that provide you great advtangaes over enemy during combat.

Another thing is resources trade.

3:2:1

325 ammo is enough to trade for 200 MP and 40F/80F.

I have a feeling that you are one sided here. You don't see how schwerer can cripple enemy, how big advantage Med HQ is giving to you, but when someone want's to erase them it's bad becuase it's 1-expensive-click.

Same 1-but not that expensive-click is applied to Schwerer covering huge part of the map without any further expenses.

You just don't get it, do you?
OKW is a disadvantaged faction as a whole that is why it needs such things as deployable trucks with all their benefits including settling outside base.
22 Sep 2015, 07:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 07:55 AMJohnnyB

You just don't get it, do you?
OKW is a disadvantaged faction as a whole that is why it needs such things as deployable trucks with all their benefits including settling outside base.

dont feed the trolls pls
22 Sep 2015, 07:57 AM

It's risk reward mechanic - you can heal and reinforce on field, while you enemy must return to base which means, you have advantage. And every advantage should have some weaknesses.

Why should it? I don't get it.

MHT has everything to do with it. 325 ammo, late game ability cannot kill builing while MHT incendiary can destroy everything from the begging rof cheap price?

If by weakness you mean One Click 300 Muni Wipe, then I have nothing to say. It's not like we have Zis, 120, SU76, , Smoke+satchel, Pack Howi, different artys for USF, ATG etc. I don't wanna derail, but these are all counters and "weaknesses" for OKW truck. But I guess we need iWin button SkillPlanez.
22 Sep 2015, 08:09 AM

If we can build all units from the HQ and trucks just unlock them, then okay, fine, Bombing the shit out of forward points is acceptable.

But its not, lose a building and you're set back by at least 3 minutes - even more if you have to get back the AA Truck and want to get, say, a Panther.

You know, there was a reason why they forced you to build arty outside your cap point - it wasn't for shit and gigles, its so that OKW trucks have a chance of setting up and OKW isn't completely gimped by artillery.

Same logic for trucks.
22 Sep 2015, 08:11 AM

If 45 muni can one shot 280mp/30fu structure, I can't see a single thing wrong with 325 muni ability one shotting 200mp/40fu one.
22 Sep 2015, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 08:11 AMKatitof
If 45 muni can one shot 280mp/30fu structure, I can't see a single thing wrong with 325 muni ability one shotting 200mp/40fu one.

No shit, and where is that 45 muni comming from? Oblivion, like the 325 muni?

Hint: it comes from a unit that costs fuel and mp. Nice try.
22 Sep 2015, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 20:45 PMTobis

What about wiping full health static OKW trucks?

how about spreading your truck emplacements?
22 Sep 2015, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 08:13 AMJohnnyB

No shit, and where is that 45 muni comming from? Oblivion, like the 325 muni?

Hint: it comes from a unit that costs fuel and mp. Nice try.

What if I told you that you don't have to suicide that said unit right away and you can actually use it through the rest of the game?

You've been doing it all wrong up until now!
22 Sep 2015, 08:24 AM

I don't understand anything after this

If you make it not able kill hqs it's basically nerfed to the ground, who would even save 325 muni for a delayed airstrike that doesn't do enough damage to kill a hq? Wow it kills everything in a radius, but if we take into account that your opponent has half of a brain, he would move everything he could outside before it even hit.

The more problematic ability is the vanguard air support, since it does a shitton of damage on the first strafe and then just dies to any AA, but it doesn't kill okw trucks so I guess that ability is perfectly balanced

Yea... I wish it was possible to nerfs its damage a tiny bit versus trucks and also lower its price to compensate... but of course it's not possible to lower the price because it's written on kryptonite.

One more thing. If I save 300 fuel and 800 MP as OKW, would you give me KT with 500 armor and the ability to shoot through shot blockers? Yea that's what I thought.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 08:11 AMKatitof

Dude, we all know that Brace is a total wreck and is completely broken. What does it have to do with that? let me quote someone for you:

22 Sep 2015, 08:24 AM

how about spreading your truck emplacements?

If you spread it to the amount that normal arty wouldn't damage the 2nd truck it wouldn't even be enough. It has to be a huge amount of space.
22 Sep 2015, 08:30 AM

If you spread it to the amount that normal arty wouldn't damage the 2nd truck it wouldn't even be enough. It has to be a huge amount of space.

No Iron :)

I tried yesterday it. I put MED and REP next to each other byt distance of heavy tank.
One was destroyed, second was brought down to 60% HP.

Give OKW 40% resources from self-destructing - solved.

___

Still that damn 120 ammo incendiary burning all emplacements :foreveralone:
22 Sep 2015, 08:32 AM

No Iron :)

I tried yesterday it. I put MED and REP next to each other byt distance of heavy tank.
One was destroyed, second was brought down to 60% HP.

Give OKW 40% resources from self-destructing - solved.

___

Still that damn 120 ammo incendiary burning all emplacements :foreveralone:

I hope that I've that luck then.

Schwerer + Med HQ with quite some distance. KAPOW down, and not once, but multiple times. Every time with a bit more spread between them...
22 Sep 2015, 09:13 AM

I hope that I've that luck then.

Schwerer + Med HQ with quite some distance. KAPOW down, and not once, but multiple times. Every time with a bit more spread between them...

I just tested the arty from the Foritfied OKW Commander and it also destroys the T3 Building in one go. Would you also say that it should get nerfed ?
22 Sep 2015, 09:18 AM
Patrion 310

What game modes are we talking about here because I can only recall it destroying a truck once in a 4v4. Most people are playing a different commander from my experience.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 9
Germany 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %