Login

russian armor

Those stupid leiG spam

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
27 Sep 2015, 11:27 AM
Patrion 14

it's OP but It seems Relic testers didn't noticed yet.

Can't stop laughing with your comment :rofl:

You are referring to the testers who tested partizans,incediary nades,ISGs,vickers and all those wonderful things? Hmmm How can a tester not notice that partisan issue?? :gimpy:

Oh i know why, Relic's idea of a test is just to apply a patch and not causing the game to crash,,yep thats a succesful test and enough for a patch to go live :clap:
27 Sep 2015, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2015, 11:27 AMdevlish

Can't stop laughing with your comment :rofl:

You are referring to the testers who tested partizans,incediary nades,ISGs,vickers and all those wonderful things? Hmmm How can a tester not notice that partisan issue?? :gimpy:

Oh i know why, Relic's idea of a test is just to apply a patch and not causing the game to crash,,yep thats a succesful test and enough for a patch to go live :clap:

I'd have to agree :snfPeter:
27 Sep 2015, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 09:38 AMPhy

Surprise! Partisans nerf not LEIG. Axis play at home in terms of balance.

Partisans were "fixed" not "balanced" because that's what they needed, being very very broken. In fact, I doubt that even now they are ok.
Judging about the amount of bitching about ISG around here - including yours, I am absolutely convinced it wil be nerfed into oblivion with the next patch, so don't worry to much about it. Everybody who relied in their games on 2+ ISGs will lose their supremacy and will have to come back to struggling like hell against allied spam.
27 Sep 2015, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2015, 08:19 AMHawking
Yeah, seriously, garden this thing. Just lost a game on Angoville where he parked two by his Schwerer Panzer HQ and nuked my infantry all over the map, couldn't touch them as Brits. He used this cover to amass a critical mass A move blob of MG34 Obers and Shrek Volks and then just rolled everything I had until the Firefly and Croc hit the field, not that it mattered, because the map control given by these two stupid ISGs gave him a JP4 and a KT. :foreveralone:

pls.

Wow, you couldn't win anymore with your broken crocodile. That's a tragedy indeed. Because ya know, if he didn't get map control, ISGs or not, you would have moped the floor with all his units. It's not that easy to get one heavy vehicle as okw....
27 Sep 2015, 18:13 PM

ISG and pack howitzer should either be an anti emplacement/garrison tool, or direct fire infantry support. Right now they are too good at both jobs for price.

Besides incendiary grenade, OKW is like soviets in that you need specific commander to reflect what you do. Infiltration grenades, Fals, etc are early to mid game anti garrison counters that should last you until you get the crazy toys out.

USF don't need pack howitzer at all tbh, it should be replaced by a light mortar.
27 Sep 2015, 20:24 PM
Patrion 310

ISG needs buffs, ask Paul.A.D
27 Sep 2015, 20:31 PM

Yeah that game was proof it's literally game breaking. Zero micro or risk, maximum reward.
27 Sep 2015, 23:06 PM

As British the ISG is literally as broken as Partisans were last patch vs ostheer. Ridiculous when there are 2x of them on the field in 2's, just shuts down infantry play.

Cos' Axis Laser Guided JDAM cannon is balanced rite.
28 Sep 2015, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2015, 18:01 PMJohnnyB

Partisans were "fixed" not "balanced" because that's what they needed, being very very broken. In fact, I doubt that even now they are ok.
Judging about the amount of bitching about ISG around here - including yours, I am absolutely convinced it wil be nerfed into oblivion with the next patch, so don't worry to much about it. Everybody who relied in their games on 2+ ISGs will lose their supremacy and will have to come back to struggling like hell against allied spam.

Oh, God forbid Axis has to learn to micro, maneuver and flank, rather than rely on ISG and it's supporting blob.
28 Sep 2015, 04:47 AM

I had built a mortar pit and bofors as the brits with a centaur and wasp nearby and out of no where a bunch of volks and panzer gren blobs start tossing those stupid incendiary grenades and giving my Centaur a panzerschrek bukkake after their buddy's 3 or 4 ISG's savagely pound my defenses bringing them down to like 20% health.

They were on brace mind you and then to make matters worse whilst my engies were repairing them the incendiary nades melted them like butter: all 3 of them... After that a damned fallschirmjager squad comes up to my fresh tommies and kills them all in 2 seconds. Then they panzerfaust my wasp and proceed to bomb the hell out my other brit ally's position.

My Soviet ally spams katyushas forcing them back but then a bloody hoard of panthers and a king freakin tiger comes along...By this point ive only like 1 cromwell and 2 new tommy squads with piats... Guess what happens next???

The isg spammer and his buddy's own arty target my tommys ripping them to shreds in 2 seconds flat whilst another fallschirmjager comes around. Pounds my cromwell from behind and the king tiger proceeds to re-enact a prison shower scene with it...go figure...
28 Sep 2015, 04:58 AM
Donator 11

I think the worst part of the current double ISG dynamic isn't even the range/insta pin/damage, it's the fact that it requires no micro and it's pretty much a build and forget unit. You can just park in a defensive position by your trucks and watch it rack up kills and win engagements for you, not to mention hard-counter any emplacement/building/defensive position/etc.

As USF the only counter play that I've found is to match the isg bs with your own pack howie bs. It's harder since howie comes out later and it's harder to get two, but possible if you position them well. It sucks but at least you can outplay it.

Priest is doctrinal, comes out way late, takes valuable resources better spent otherwise, and is not a reliable counter without direct vision. Sames goes for katty (other than doctrinal part.) Poor brits are dead in the water unless you can somehow manage a centaur flank or something, I don't think you can do anything other than hope to capitalize on an blunder/misposition.
28 Sep 2015, 05:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 04:58 AMKeaper!
I think the worst part of the current double ISG dynamic isn't even the range/insta pin/damage, it's the fact that it requires no micro and it's pretty much a build and forget unit. You can just park in a defensive position by your trucks and watch it rack up kills and win engagements for you, not to mention hard-counter any emplacement/building/defensive position/etc.

As USF the only counter play that I've found is to match the isg bs with your own pack howie bs. It's harder since howie comes out later and it's harder to get two, but possible if you position them well. It sucks but at least you can outplay it.

Priest is doctrinal, comes out way late, takes valuable resources better spent otherwise, and is not a reliable counter without direct vision. Sames goes for katty (other than doctrinal part.) Poor brits are dead in the water unless you can somehow manage a centaur flank or something, I don't think you can do anything other than hope to capitalize on an blunder/misposition.

i never really liked artillery for i was more of an armor guy.
28 Sep 2015, 05:40 AM

After thinking about how to fix it. I would suggest +100 mp and reduce the supression on the LeIG and Pack Howie.
28 Sep 2015, 05:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 04:58 AMKeaper!

Yesterday I was training 1v1s with a clanmate. The double pack howie seriously made it extremely hard. The damage and AOE on that stuff is insane. But with the current LeIG it's justified
28 Sep 2015, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 00:27 AMGhostTX

Oh, God forbid Axis has to learn to micro, maneuver and flank, rather than rely on ISG and it's supporting blob.

And what extreme micro effort must a BAR blob do? Or a ppsh blob? Or 2 commando squads one next to the other? Or 2-3 shock troops squads massed? Or... Or....?

I experienced those cheese things. Just right click left and right around enemy infantry and the high dps weaposn will do the trick without needing any use of grenade, smoke, or other things like these. If I try to do the same thing with sturmpios I will not obtain the same effect. Or with volks. Or with grens. I can do that only with AGs and IR stg Obers because their accuracy on the move is still ok, AGs have 5 models and Obers are more resistant. While 5-6 squad men for soviets and USF are very fit to be used like this. So Axis micro is nothing less than allied micro, Axis having its cheese way for infantry fights also, translating into lmg A+Move blob which is as cheese as dancing Bar blobs for instance.

So let's not exagerate here, if you want cheese with a faction, you can get it.

28 Sep 2015, 08:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 07:52 AMJohnnyB

And what extreme micro effort must a BAR blob do? Or a ppsh blob? Or 2 commando squads one next to the other? Or 2-3 shock troops squads massed? Or... Or....?

I experienced those cheese things. Just right click left and right around enemy infantry and the high dps weaposn will do the trick without needing any use of grenade, smoke, or other things like these. If I try to do the same thing with sturmpios I will not obtain the same effect. Or with volks. Or with grens. I can do that only with AGs and IR stg Obers because their accuracy on the move is still ok, AGs have 5 models and Obers are more resistant. While 5-6 squad men for soviets and USF are very fit to be used like this. So Axis micro is nothing less than allied micro, Axis having its cheese way for infantry fights also, translating into lmg A+Move blob which is as cheese as dancing Bar blobs for instance.

So let's not exagerate here, if you want cheese with a faction, you can get it.

Lol so you are jealous because you can't blob like you want. That's your unique argument to defend the ISG? OKW and Ostheer have all the tools to counter blob, there is no need for insta kill model + pin ISG from 100 range.
28 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2015, 08:06 AMEsxile

Lol so you are jealous because you can't blob like you want. That's your unique argument to defend the ISG? OKW and Ostheer have all the tools to counter blob, there is no need for insta kill model + pin ISG from 100 range.

Totaly agreed, one thing you are wrong about. I am not "jealous" because I can't blob "anymore", believe it or not I am not necessarely the "blobbing" type, I do it sometimes to punish my blobbing opponent by blobbing back to him. What I say is that I doubt OKW will have any appropriate counter to actual allied capacity of blobbing. "Verstehen"? ;)
28 Sep 2015, 09:11 AM

LeiG/Pack Howie needs a nerf and will undoubtedly get one.

In the meantime. HOW THE HELL DO I DEAL WITH THEM AS BRITS! It's driving me nuts!
28 Sep 2015, 13:32 PM

LeiG/Pack Howie needs a nerf and will undoubtedly get one.

In the meantime. HOW THE HELL DO I DEAL WITH THEM AS BRITS! It's driving me nuts!

When I was playing OKW, some brits went artillery commander w/ anvil tactics and shelled them with their targeted barrage. It was mildly annoying because I had to recrew them, but never lost a gun

Other than that nothing. Even attacking them directly isn't effective. I'm convinced their cover bonus is bugged, because small arms are completely ineffective
28 Sep 2015, 13:35 PM

these guns need increased scatter or something
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %