Login

russian armor

[OKW] [All Modes] [2x ISG ending the game VS brits]

21 Sep 2015, 17:38 PM

The leig is totally melting faces. Its broken and needs to be toned down.

The pak howie also could do with a slight tweak.

Anyone who says other wise is talking with bias and should be ignored completely.
21 Sep 2015, 17:52 PM

ISG is definitely overperforming and needs some mix of the proposed changes offered above without overnerfing it into becoming a useless unit again.

I don't think Relic took into account what the new squad spacing in the open means for ISG accuracy since squads are so spread out that it almost guarantees that at least one model gets winged and then suppressed. Accuracy is so high that it just results in the suppressed squad getting sniped from distance repeatedly, especially if they are closing distance to attack said ISG. Combined with OKW forward HQs its very mindless play and and easy mode especially on OKW-heavy team games when ISGs multiply like rabbits.

Barrage timer is also an issue for Brits. ISG can get in 2-3 barrages during cooldown, its silly. Not to mention that Forward Logistics center is worthless to build as it can't brace and has minimal health. 2-3 ISGs basically shut down any emplacement.
21 Sep 2015, 17:58 PM

All indirect fire weapons should have very weak auto-attack and very powerful barrage to both reduce rng squadwipe BS and increase micro requirement for them. Mortar or isg which can be far more effective than hard-microed ELITE infantry squad without any micro investment is pure nonsense, yet we have it in every game.

Cost reduce if needed.

21 Sep 2015, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 17:30 PMbert69
Honestly feel like the problem is its lack of micro required for it to have an impact, as Australian Magic said, the OKW player places it next to his med hq, and has it suppress and drop models any time its in range not even needing to handle it unless enemy squads are nearby, while Mr. Allies is busy microing his ass off splitting his squads to avoid getting everything pinned in one shot.

The micro tax on Allies has always been higher

Krupp steel bro
21 Sep 2015, 18:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 17:58 PMJadame!
All indirect fire weapons should have very weak auto-attack and very powerful barrage to both reduce rng squadwipe BS and increase micro requirement for them. Mortar or isg which can be far more effective than hard-microed ELITE infantry squad without any micro investment is pure nonsense, yet we have it in every game.

Cost reduce if needed.

+1

I thought this is why all people complained about the 120mm months ago.
21 Sep 2015, 19:12 PM

This unit should still be useful against emplacements.
I'd rather see a small nerf and some kind of smoke ability, which the OKW lack so much.
Being unable to smoke a position makes Bofor + mortar pit rush so damn difficult, and OKW need to entirely rely on Stuka or ISGs.

Puma, Luch or Puppchen are useless in this scenario.
27 Sep 2015, 13:21 PM
Patrion 14

A single Leig/Pack Howie does not insta-pin. Please someone show me a replay where this happens, because I have yet to see it.
Sorry to resurrect, but you did say "please".

https://youtu.be/dYRYyTzXC_I?t=16m32s
16:34, vet3 pathfinders in green cover get instapinned by a LeIG max range laser precision shot.

There are of course more examples (some in this very replay) but I just saw this while watching the cast and remembered you asked for a demonstration.
27 Sep 2015, 14:02 PM

Sorry to resurrect, but you did say "please".

https://youtu.be/dYRYyTzXC_I?t=16m32s
16:34, vet3 pathfinders in green cover get instapinned by a LeIG max range laser precision shot.

There are of course more examples (some in this very replay) but I just saw this while watching the cast and remembered you asked for a demonstration.

Ok I was wrong, hasn't really happened to me in game, lots of suppression after one hit, but no pinning.
27 Sep 2015, 17:02 PM
Patrion 14

Ok I was wrong, hasn't really happened to me in game, lots of suppression after one hit, but no pinning.
It's okay, it's not always apparent. Instapins happen a lot in the recent OCF casts, I think it has something to do with catching all the squadmembers in the supression "circle" of the shell and applying supression to each one separately, bringing them over the pin threshold.

Now normally perhaps you'd want that sort of thing to happen on the direct hit but if I understand the recent patch notes right there is no falloff of supression any more, it supresses equally in the entirety of its AoE circle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
France 18
Lithuania 1
Netherlands 6
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L