Login

russian armor

dbmb has been removed from OCF

24 Sep 2015, 13:35 PM

in every sport they always give them a second chance. noone is perma banned for life for a one time mistake.

edit: i respect the ban for this tourney, i just cant see the reason for long term ban.
24 Sep 2015, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:27 PMCieZ

Yes as far as I know relic has a single public IP address, at least from what I've seen. And I know how PAT/NAT works, the fact of the matter remains that he openly admitted to being Raz. I even have it screenshot at home if people still don't believe. But the odds of two different users logging in from the same ip back to back and both those users happening to be Raz & dbmb and them being different people is astronomically low. Plus both would have to be on the same ISP, in the same area... That's a lot of coincidences.

You're assuming that there are two different people that both play coh2, live in the same area, use the same ISP, both are under investigation for cheating/having cheated, one openly admits to being the other and yet they're not the same person... I don't buy it.

no, this isn't about dbmb/razh in particular. your first post with "he admitted to it" pretty much sealed the deal for me there. still i think that the ip ban system itself is flawed. and it's at least a little hypocritical to ban him now for something that happened ages ago (i'm not saying i'm against cheaters getting banned, but i guess you know why i say that it's hyprocritical of coh2.org).
24 Sep 2015, 13:38 PM

bhahahaha RAZ, that map hacking guy tried to come back again
24 Sep 2015, 13:41 PM

Welcome to forever dbmb :foreveralone:
24 Sep 2015, 13:49 PM
Donator 11

Well I have 3 friends who live in the same area and have same ISP and public IP via wimax as it is the only choice where they live. They all played coh1, now they all play coh2. Good that none of them has account on coh2.org as they would be banned repetedly over and over again if thats a case. I mean I love the site but its a bit disappointing.

Disclaimer: I'm not refering to cheating in this post in any way.
24 Sep 2015, 14:16 PM

If this was DOTA2, LOL or CS:GO he would have been banned from entering competitive events.

Having his playercard wiped was hardly a big deal.
24 Sep 2015, 14:21 PM

how is his playercard wiped when u can see him in top 10 ladder?
i dont get that
24 Sep 2015, 14:32 PM

so what happens if two users share the same computer? would they get banned.
24 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 13:13 PMBurts

Lol wut? Sport athletes dont get lifetime bans for cheating with doping, unless being caught multiple times.

That is because in almost every sport, 95% of the top athletes use performance enhancing drugs. Banning someone immediately after one offense will leave a sport without its 'elite' in a few years :megusta:

The most funny aspect of this god awful sports system is that the companies that perform these 'drugtests', most of the time aren't even licensed to do so :foreveralone:

I study Sports, Health and Management, I had a shitstorm about this phenomenon in my first year of college :bananadance:
24 Sep 2015, 14:42 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 14:32 PMDAZ187
so what happens if two users share the same computer? would they get banned.

Well that would imply that they both use the same steam account and the same copy of the game. Otherwise I think it won't work that way.
24 Sep 2015, 14:52 PM

how is his playercard wiped when u can see him in top 10 ladder?
i dont get that

His old account, Raz was stat wiped by relic as punishment for map hacking in automatch.

He then made a new account dbmb. At first to hide the fact that he was Raz, but then everyone found out.
24 Sep 2015, 15:06 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 14:52 PMCieZ

His old account, Raz was stat wiped by relic as punishment for map hacking in automatch.

He then made a new account dbmb. At first to hide the fact that he was Raz, but then everyone found out.

How did they find out haha, I am getting curious.
24 Sep 2015, 15:26 PM
Donator 11

So many posts arguing about reliability/validity of looking at IP addresses, what is the point if he already confessed it's him? Not like he is denying or the staff is going around sweep-banning people because of their IPs.

The site/tournament staff has the right to ban him from participating if they have proof he cheated imo. The only crappy part is that they told him the day of as he was getting ready to play. I mean, the guy practiced for weeks and scheduled multiple weekends around playing just to be told he was banned. Should have not even let him sign up if you felt this way tbh.
24 Sep 2015, 15:31 PM
Benefactor 355

How many tournaments does he need to rekt before we realize he is making idiots out of all of us? Ban da fucker as an example and let's move on. Ciez is next. #MVGame
24 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

How did they find out haha, I am getting curious.

Relic made an announcement that they were wiping wins for map hacking. Raz's wins all disappeared. People put two and two together.

Unless you meant how did they find out who he was. The short version, he told people.
24 Sep 2015, 16:05 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 15:39 PMCieZ

Relic made an announcement that they were wiping wins for map hacking. Raz's wins all disappeared. People put two and two together.

Unless you meant how did they find out who he was. The short version, he told people.

The last bit is what I aimed for. Thank you CieZ
24 Sep 2015, 16:11 PM

How many tournaments does he need to rekt before we realize he is making idiots out of all of us? Ban da fucker as an example and let's move on. Ciez is next. #MVGame

Dis dat quality Daddy G wisdom. #MVGame

Real talk though, people are defending someone who 100% maphacked in the past, and was already under INSANE suspicion since Romeos SCK. Things have been found out, actions have been taken, and one more cheating scumbag bites the dust.
24 Sep 2015, 16:22 PM

Dis dat quality Daddy G wisdom. #MVGame

Real talk though, people are defending someone who 100% maphacked in the past, and was already under INSANE suspicion since Romeos SCK. Things have been found out, actions have been taken, and one more cheating scumbag bites the dust.

in case you meant me, no i'm not defending him. just saying that ip bans pretty much always are crap (or, like in this case, using IPs to prove something). another thing thats at least odd is that he seemingly is the only one being punished on here too (as in, there were multiple guys that had their stats wiped, or are known cheaters and are still around).
24 Sep 2015, 16:26 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 15:39 PMCieZ

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2014/04/11/cheating-in-company-of-heroes-2
24 Sep 2015, 16:30 PM

The reason behind the blitzkrieg ban of dbmb was to ensure he did not have time to prepare a new account and hide it in order to enter and have the organisers risk him maphacking to victory. This decision, I must point out, was not made privvy to staff at green level, I would be surprised if it was shared at blue level, so it's not a staff wide conspiracy against him that some make it out to be.

The faster the ban, the more effective. Sadly, he had put effort into practicising, but in his case you have to wonder, you've been under scrutiny for maphacks before, people know who you are, so when's the big old banhammer going to fall? Chances are, when it most matters.

You can debate the ethics of this all you like, but in the end this was the biggest Coh 2 event ever, do not assume we would get down on our knees to cheaters and let them cheat their two and a half grand.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★