Login

russian armor

2 Solutions for JP4 Camo (serious thread, not trolling)

19 Sep 2015, 21:26 PM

Permanently Banned
I like how despite the game being borderline unplayable at the moment we can still have "Please Nerf This Axis Unit" threads.

Borderline unplayable?

What game are you playing :) ?
19 Sep 2015, 21:45 PM

No Alex, its not nerf axis unit thread. Its fix broken ability thread.

The ability isn't broken at all. The JPIV needs camo to be highly effective because it's the least mobile TD in the entire game outside of the super heavies. Any nerf to the camo would need to come with either a buff to it's surviability or maneuverability.
19 Sep 2015, 21:59 PM

Can't you just attack ground where the camo'd JP is once you spot it to get around it vanishing?
Works against that infuriating Panzer Tactician ability.
19 Sep 2015, 22:00 PM

The ability isn't broken at all. The JPIV needs camo to be highly effective because it's the least mobile TD in the entire game outside of the super heavies. Any nerf to the camo would need to come with either a buff to it's surviability or maneuverability.

Ok, let me put it this way.

Not long ago I uploaded replay.
On this replay, I attacked almost dead JPIV, on open field with 3 T34/76s.
Next to JP4 was KT.

My plan assumed that I will lose 1 or 2 T34 but I will kill vet 4 JP4.

Guess what.

I went behind JPIV, I was around 20 range from its ass but then it dissapear.
So my T34 automaticly switched to KT and before they could even aim and fire, JP showed up again, so I order them to attack JPIV again. Before they could fire, JP dissapeared again. Over and over.
Finally I lost 2 T34 and JP got away.

Open field, 3 T34 around and it dissapears in the middle of nowehwere in front of 3 tanks.

So, say again it's not broken.
19 Sep 2015, 22:06 PM

Ok, let me put it this way.

Not long ago I uploaded replay.
On this replay, I attacked almost dead JPIV, on open field with 3 T34/76s.
Next to JP4 was KT.

My plan assumed that I will lose 1 or 2 T34 but I will kill vet 4 JP4.

Guess what.

I went behind JPIV, I was around 20 range from its ass but then it dissapear.
So my T34 automaticly switched to KT and before they could even aim and fire, JP showed up again, so I order them to attack JPIV again. Before they could fire, JP dissapeared again. Over and over.
Finally I lost 2 T34 and JP got away.

Open field, 3 T34 around and it dissapears in the middle of nowehwere in front of 3 tanks.

So, say again it's not broken.

You charged 3 T34/76's which cost 80 fuel each against a JPIV and KT which combined cost 592.5 fuel and your are surprised you lost? There is nothing wrong at all with what happened to you and the fact you lost is a function of attempting to throw 3 of the cheapest tanks in the game at 2 of the most expensive.

The camo ability has to be really freaking good or else the JPIV would be sucking air as currently the 6 pounder negates it's small target size, USF armor got a good boost, and Soviets can now have access to getting ZiS guns much easier.
19 Sep 2015, 22:08 PM

Can't you just attack ground where the camo'd JP is once you spot it to get around it vanishing?
Works against that infuriating Panzer Tactician ability.

Thats what price's opponent tried after price camoed then uncamoed to shoot then camoed again. Toggle spam Kappa spamming that "c" hotkey
19 Sep 2015, 22:14 PM

You charged 3 T34/76's which cost 80 fuel each against a JPIV and KT which combined cost 592.5 fuel and your are surprised you lost? There is nothing wrong at all with what happened to you and the fact you lost is a function of attempting to throw 3 of the cheapest tanks in the game at 2 of the most expensive.

The camo ability has to be really freaking good or else the JPIV would be sucking air as currently the 6 pounder negates it's small target size, USF armor got a good boost, and Soviets can now have access to getting ZiS guns much easier.

Dude, are you so big Axis fanboy?
Fuel has nothing to do with it.
Accorind to such broken logic, 3 Pumas should be able to kill almost dead IS2 by shooting it's ass because you know, IS2 is more expensive than 3 Pumas in terms of fuel.

I said clearly that I attacked almost dead JP4 (1 shot to die) with 3 T34s, got behind it to shoot it's ass and run away with loss of 1 maybe 2 due to KT.

SO I put 3 T34 vs 1 almost dead JP4.

What is wrong with you... I never said I was charging KT.
KT just sat next to it but my main goal wat to shoot once in the JP4 ass but I couldnt because it was dissapearing all the time in the middle of nowhere.
19 Sep 2015, 22:21 PM

Dude, are you so big Axis fanboy?

I said clearly that I attacked almost dead JP4 (1 shot to die) with 3 T34s, got behind it to shoot it's ass and run away with loss of 1 maybe 2 due to KT.

SO I put 3 T34 vs 1 almost dead JP4.

What is wrong with you... I never said I was charging KT.
KT just sat next to it but my main goal wat to shoot once in the JP4 ass but I couldnt because it was dissapearing all the time in the middle of nowhere.

He in a smart decision retreated his JPIV to be support by his King Tiger when it was close to death. Sorry but you got outplayed in that scenario. It's not "Axis Fanboy Logic" it's "Do not charge King Tiger's with T34/76's with the intent to killed a cloaked vehicle".

The JPIV needs camo because it handles like a concrete fridge and it's always going to be fighting outnumbered. Allies have plenty of shit to deal with it now and if you just refuse to make AT guns then that's on you.

The JPIV and KT that player built represented a much, much larger investment that you made in 3 totally unsupported T34/76's and he won and you got punished. Again, sorry but you are not entitled to win with bad strategy.

There is an argument for putting a cooldown on the JPIV's ability to activate cloaked movement after you turn it off, but just making it a lot easier to see? Nah.

Also word to the wise, you can use recon planes and scout cars to negate camo :)
19 Sep 2015, 22:26 PM

Kluge come upon us Kappa my thread is being violated Kappa
19 Sep 2015, 22:31 PM

Dude, KT has nothing to do with it.
I was perfectly fine with loosing 2 T34s to the KT next to it.
It was fine with me.
I just need to shoot once in the ass of JP4 from 20-30 range but I couldnt because it was consantly dissapearing.

How the hell I was outplayed if I clear all infantry around and was able to get 3 tanks behind JP4?
19 Sep 2015, 22:35 PM

Dude, KT has nothing to do with it.
I was perfectly fine with loosing 2 T34s to the KT next to it.
It was fine with me.
I just need to shoot once in the ass of JP4 from 20-30 range but I couldnt because it was consantly dissapearing.

How the hell I was outplayed if I clear all infantry around and was able to get 3 tanks behind JP4?

You charged 3 tanks with aggressively mediocre pen against a JPIV and KT. Like the fact you were okay with losing them shows your attack was a mistake and you got your just desserts.

Like a single recon plane, recon run, or scout car could have saved the day for you but nope just going to blindly charge 3 T34/76's at the enemy.
19 Sep 2015, 22:49 PM

You charged 3 tanks with aggressively mediocre pen against a JPIV and KT. Like the fact you were okay with losing them shows your attack was a mistake and you got your just desserts.

Like a single recon plane, recon run, or scout car could have saved the day for you but nope just going to blindly charge 3 T34/76's at the enemy.

JP4 rear armor : 80 (88 in case of vet 4)
T34 penetration: 120 - 80

Explain what medicore penetration has to do with it?

Im waiting.

How can anyone defend tank which dissapears in the middle of nowhere, in front of 3 tanks next to it :foreveralone:

But I belive, 3 tanks shouldnt be able to shoot even once at axis tank then.
Krupp steel of invisibility :luvDerp:

19 Sep 2015, 22:53 PM

JP4 rear armor : 80 (88 in case of vet 4)
T34 penetration: 120 - 80

Explain what medicore penetration has to do with it?

Im waiting.

How can anyone defend tank which dissapears in the middle of nowhere, in front of 3 tanks next to it :foreveralone:

But I belive, 3 tanks shouldnt be able to shoot even once at axis tank then :luvDerp:

Why do all sniper units have cloak that allows them to just phase into the warp? Why do tanks not just instantly explode on first penetration? Why does the Sturmtiger have an effective range of 45 meters when IRL it had a range of 3 miles?

The answer is because it's a video game. The cloaking mechanic exists to give it something to use to escape from enemy armor because it represents a significant investment for the OKW player and it has terrible maneuverability.

I said mediocre pen because you had a high chance to bounce on it's frontal armor and it's frontal armor encases 80% of the tank (Tanks in game are either 50-50 or 80-20). You also were charging a KT as well and fuck if you were going to be taking on that thing.

Regardless my point is that you made a tactical mistake by not bringing a scout with you to support your T34's and you were punished for it.
19 Sep 2015, 22:55 PM

Why do all sniper units have cloak that allows them to just phase into the warp? Why do tanks not just instantly explode on first penetration? Why does the Sturmtiger have an effective range of 45 meters when IRL it had a range of 3 miles?

The answer is because it's a video game. The cloaking mechanic exists to give it something to use to escape from enemy armor because it represents a significant investment for the OKW player and it has terrible maneuverability.

I said mediocre pen because you had a high chance to bounce on it's frontal armor and it's frontal armor encases 80% of the tank (Tanks in game are either 50-50 or 80-20). You also were charging a KT as well and fuck if you were going to be taking on that thing.

Regardless my point is that you made a tactical mistake by not bringing a scout with you to support your T34's and you were punished for it.

Dude, I wasnt charging KT.
I charged JP, shoot one volley and run away.

What front armor has to do with shooting its ass?

Snipers have recloak time and you need cover for this.

You are still Axis fanboy.

You shoulnd need any scout if you have 3 tanks next to enemy, in the middle of nowhere and you see it.

JPIV does not have any requiremtns for its cover while it should.

So if you compare it to sniper so much, why not give JP4 some requirements? Out of combat? Recloak time? Cover?
19 Sep 2015, 23:12 PM

Dude, I wasnt charging KT.
I charged JP, shoot one volley and run away.

What front armor has to do with shooting its ass?

You are still Axis fanboy.

You shoulnd need any scout if you have 3 tanks next to enemy, in the middle of nowhere and you see it.

JPIV does not have any requiremtns for its cover while it should.

Tanks aren't affected by cover. So unless Relic changes the engine so vehicles are effected by cover your not going to be able to make the JPIV's cloak require cover (it shouldn't anyway).

You were charging a KT, if you are going after a unit next to a KT you are charging a KT. And what exactly makes me an Axis fanboy? The fact that I have in recent memory played OKW while you haven't in weeks?

Literally all you had to do was drop a tiny bit of fuel on one scout car to detect it or call in a recon plane and you would have killed it. Or just support your T34/76's with some AT guns to scare off the KT.

Increase detection radius from 10 to 25

And after each shot the JPIV has a recloak time of 5 seconds like snipers do, so uh ??? at this statement:

\

It also won't cloak if you have infantry shooting at it, so if you just took a single con squad with you to keep shooting at it you would have killed it lol.
19 Sep 2015, 23:18 PM

Tanks aren't affected by cover. So unless Relic changes the engine so vehicles are effected by cover your not going to be able to make the JPIV's cloak require cover (it shouldn't anyway).

You were charging a KT, if you are going after a unit next to a KT you are charging a KT. And what exactly makes me an Axis fanboy? The fact that I have in recent memory played OKW while you haven't in weeks?

Literally all you had to do was drop a tiny bit of fuel on one scout car to detect it or call in a recon plane and you would have killed it. Or just support your T34/76's with some AT guns to scare off the KT.

And after each shot the JPIV has a recloak time of 5 seconds like snipers do, so uh ??? at this statement:

\

It also won't cloak if you have infantry shooting at it, so if you just took a single con squad with you to keep shooting at it you would have killed it lol.

Not going to dig this because it pointless how you are defending broken ability which has no requirements and it's braindead.

Why I consider you as axis fanboy?

"It's OK that flak bases and schwerer can shoot down 540MP commandos and glider because they can't afford to get 251/17"

That's just example from recent days.

By that logic, Brits should be able to destroy truck with glider because they don't have any reasonable artillery expect Sexton which is locked behind doctrine.
19 Sep 2015, 23:26 PM

Not going to dig this because it pointless how you are defending broken ability which has no requirements and it's braindead.

Why I consider you as axis fanboy?

"It's OK that flak bases and schwerer can shoot down 540MP commandos and glider because they can't afford to get 251/17"

That's just example from recent days.

By that logic, Brits should be able to destroy truck with glider because they don't have any reasonable artillery expect Sexton which is locked behind doctrine.

Uh, I never said that base defenses shooting down planes is okay because base defense's can't actually shoot down planes. You asked why the Schwer can shoot down planes and I gave you an answer. Getting AA as USF, Soviets or Brit's isn't hard and isn't nearly expensive as it is for OKW.

Also, the Schwer's AA abilities really aren't that powerful. Sure it can occasion shoot a plane down but again considering how much OKW has to pay for dedicated AA....

Anyway Gliders getting forced landings by AA is as designed, don't see what the issue there is other than you trying to derail this thread by showing that you don't know what your talking about vis a vis the JPIV.

It can only cloak after it's been out of combat for 5 seconds, Scout Car's can detect it while it's cloaked and recon planes can detect it while it's cloaked. There is no actual way to make it dependent on cover because it's a tank.

Again; please play OKW more than not at all and use the unit before you scream about it being brain dead to use :(
19 Sep 2015, 23:35 PM

On AT games as Axis I play only OKW I and love to see how my JP4 dissapear in front of enemies' ISU/IS/Anything so they are switching target, so I can laught at them and snipe, snipe, snipe...

Btw, Brits can't get anything to kill trucks. Immobile mortars, no other source of effective artillery to kill them. Seems similar things to OKW 251/17 (even worse becuase you don;t have anything until true late game) so by that logic glider should destroy them because most of time you don't have ANY unit to harras forward trucks.
19 Sep 2015, 23:39 PM

Poor Serious. His legitimate thread about a mechanically broken ability got invaded by Alex, who is to preoccupied with dodging the point of interest. Alex you bring up legitimate claims but they are irreverent to the thread. There could have been 57 KT's for whoever cares. The point is that a near dead tank avoided death by messing with the target mechanics of coh2 because it practically instant re-cloaks.

This isnt a balance whine thread you enjoy measuring dicks in all the time. Its a serious (no pun intended Kappa) thread about a broken ability.

Think of it like a bug, OH I KNOW HOW YOU'LL GET IT! think of it like the BOFORs instant killing units in buildings. Never intended, but that was the side effect of whatever they did while creating the unit
19 Sep 2015, 23:53 PM

Since when is 5 seconds "instantly"? Thats less than the reload on multiple tanks. You can also keep it tagged as in combat by using infantry.

Now toggling the cloak ability is a problem, but the cloak itself is fine.

On AT games as Axis I play only OKW I and love to see how my JP4 dissapear in front of enemies' ISU/IS/Anything so they are switching target, so I can laught at them and snipe, snipe, snipe...

lol

Btw, Brits can't get anything to kill trucks. Immobile mortars, no other source of effective artillery to kill them. Seems similar things to OKW 251/17 (even worse becuase you don;t have anything until true late game) so by that logic glider should destroy them because most of time you don't have ANY unit to harras forward trucks.

AT gun's, Tank's don't exist? Gammon bombs?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★