Login

russian armor

So when is CAS being addressed?

21 Sep 2015, 04:37 AM
Donator 11

Only morons cannot dodge the air strikes now

As much as i think cas is not op. You cant generalize like that. Sometimes you cant dodge
21 Sep 2015, 05:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 15:52 PMsigah
I don't see this commander very often, since it was nerfed.
Imho the increased delay and reduced conversion have balanced it.

It seems pretty rare that people even use the strafes. Unless you're not watching for a long time, the strafes don't hit anything. Even when people are going CAS, they're probably using it more for the grenadier upgrades, rifle grenades, and mine fields. I've ran into about as many people using the Osttruppen commander (with the same conversion ability but railway arty and Osttruppen) than CAS lately.

The CAS loiter is a completely different story.
21 Sep 2015, 05:44 AM
Donator 11

I don't think CAS is OP, but it is very much still viable. I like to have the option to play without vehicles and punish blobbers. It plays completely different than most all commanders while still being viable, something we need more of in this game to be honest.
21 Sep 2015, 05:48 AM

Since the double nerf (convertion rate and plane arrival) and i think it's fine.

+1 on that.
21 Sep 2015, 07:07 AM

allies should have the air and artillery superiority on their side. its quite ironic that honor is mostly given to the axis which is depressing because they are supposed to be a "depleted" force like the brits
21 Sep 2015, 07:28 AM

allies should have the air and artillery superiority on their side. its quite ironic that honor is mostly given to the axis which is depressing because they are supposed to be a "depleted" force like the brits

it is ur second post in this thread about this subject, so ill take the bait and answer ur question (im not a historican).
CAS was invented by the axis, germany to be precise. the wehrmacht and the luftwaffe were the first armies who operated closly together to get a maxim combat effectiness.
CAS has NOTHING to do with air superioty, it is more easily done with air superiorty but CAS is doable without too.
next time keep ur american patriotism and inform urself first pls..
21 Sep 2015, 07:35 AM

it is ur second post in this thread about this subject, so ill take the bait and answer ur question (im not a historican).
CAS was invented by the axis, germany to be precise. the wehrmacht and the luftwaffe were the first armies who operated closly together to get a maxim combat effectiness.
CAS has NOTHING to do with air superioty, it is more easily done with air superiorty but CAS is doable without too.
next time keep ur american patriotism and inform urself first pls..

lol maybe allied air power (p-47, IL-2, Typhoon) shud be on par with the axis CAS then and each and every allied commanders have access to one air support option. that one bomb kills all that the axis currently have really scares me
21 Sep 2015, 07:48 AM

lol maybe allied air power (p-47, IL-2, Typhoon) shud be on par with the axis CAS then and each and every allied commanders have access to one air support option. that one bomb kills all that the axis currently have really scares me

???u were talking about realism and cas belongs to allys, now u come up with ingame balance???
maybe your right i dont play much atm, but my comment only relates to your statement that CAS is ALLY stuff, which is simply not true.
21 Sep 2015, 07:53 AM

???u were talking about realism and cas belongs to allys, now u come up with ingame balance???
maybe your right i dont play much atm, but my comment only relates to your statement that CAS is ALLY stuff, which is simply not true.

lol
21 Sep 2015, 07:56 AM

The Ostheer faction is based BEFORE the axis lost control of the air... where the Luftwaffe was a primary component to blitzkrieg and the german synergy that allowed them to conquer Europe so successfully.

Which why OKW only has 1 aircraft ability. Which is very limited, Since theyre set AFTER the axis lost control of the skys.

On topic... CAS is fine now. With the conversion nerf and the delay on the aircraft, any further nerfs would render this commander totally useless, and a handicap rather than an augment.
21 Sep 2015, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 07:56 AMCorsin

The Ostheer faction is based BEFORE the axis lost control of the air... where the Luftwaffe was a primary component to blitzkrieg and the german synergy that allowed them to conquer Europe so successfully.

Which why OKW only has 1 aircraft ability. Which is very limited, Since theyre set AFTER the axis lost control of the skys.

On topic... CAS is fine now. With the conversion nerf and the delay on the aircraft, any further nerfs would render this commander totally useless, and a handicap rather than an augment.

ahhhh i see but im still scared to death by that one bomb kills all option why cant the allies have something like that?
21 Sep 2015, 08:07 AM

I was watching Marcus vs VonIvan yesterday and Marcus just didn't have a chance in the mid-later game fighting this commander. Constant pins, constant fly-overs, constant fuelconversion,..

The commander really needs to be addressed.
21 Sep 2015, 08:11 AM
Donator 11

I am not an axis fanboi. You can check my arguments with Alex. But CAS is not that op anymore. Is it good? Yes, really good? Yes, but its not game breaking anymore
21 Sep 2015, 08:12 AM

ahhhh i see but im still scared to death by that one bomb kills all option why cant the allies have something like that?

You mean like the IL2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oYwMAxOu4k

The CAS stukka dive bomb cant 1 shot a KV1...

Yet an IL2 strike can 1 shot an elefant.

Or the IL2 Tank hunter tactics, that has a carpet bomb effect...

And the Brit commando "Air supremacy" bombing run can 1 shot pretty much anything under it, Including OKW trucks, Which again the stukka couldnt do.

Tell me which would u rather CAS have? lol

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgTudJVFjYQ
Or This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UEFqg5mbDM

Seems abit "rich" to be complaining about an ability which is alot more expensive per bang and makes a loud noise letting everyone in the game know where its gonna land. When the allies have far more potent and cost-efficient devastating bomb drops.
21 Sep 2015, 08:18 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 08:12 AMCorsin

You mean like the IL2?

The CAS stukka dive bomb cant 1 shot a KV1...

Yet an IL2 strike can 1 shot an elefant.

Or the IL2 Tank hunter tactics, that has a carpet bomb effect...

And the Brit commando "Air supremacy" bombing run can 1 shot pretty much anything under it, Including OKW trucks, Which again the stukka couldnt do.

Seems abit "rich" to be complaining about an ability which is alot more expensive per bang and makes a loud noise letting everyone in the game know where its gonna land. When the allies have far more potent and cost efficient devastating bomb drops.

I don't think that either possibility, kv or elephant, happens often. I don't think being very biased each way helps much
21 Sep 2015, 08:24 AM

I don't think that either possibility, kv or elephant, happens often. I don't think being very biased each way helps much

Referring to actual damage/stats/capability/effect/cost-efficiency.

Not to what happens once a week.

He asked why allies didnt get anything as "powerful"

Im simply pointing out they already have things far more powerful.
21 Sep 2015, 09:34 AM

This commander is particulary weak against brits. If you go conversion you will simply have no answer in lategame to heavy tanks that brits will throw at you.
21 Sep 2015, 09:56 AM

Invised 1 clear troll post.
21 Sep 2015, 10:13 AM

whats anti air for?

CoH2 community whats the answer its quite simple.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS