Login

russian armor

So when is CAS being addressed?

21 Sep 2015, 11:58 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 10:13 AMKpen97
whats anti air for?

CoH2 community whats the answer its quite simple.
Anti-air is for shooting down CAS single-pass recon runs and strafes after they already did everything they needed to, so the CAS player can have the added bonus of a plane crashing on your army.
21 Sep 2015, 14:09 PM

I've seen this the last 3 games I've played. Also when I play axis, CAS is a obvious easy choice. While the strafing runs etc are scary, it's not that part of the commander thats that most scary in my opinion. In anything other than 1 vs 1, a CAS commander can use all those munitions for their troops instead of the air runs.

Sooo what does that mean for Allies?

CONSTANT rifle nuke nades and shreck/mg blobs. All while their allies build the tanks...but even then CAS can pump out a few P4's while using every ability known to man for their infantry.

As others stated, why do they get a instant munition dump with no risk?

Also AA does not shoot down all of CAS planes, even the strafing runs are not shot down before they can deliver their payload most times even with tons of allied AA as others mentioned.
21 Sep 2015, 14:52 PM

AA does nothing against this commander because planes fire before they can be targeted. The CAS player can also continue to play as normal or take the side route at any time and unlock unlimited upgrades for his men. Mines are everywhere if they need. Stuka dive bomb basically every time it cools down, wherever the player wants. In team games CAS is still too good and completely nullifys static arty. Since one player will always have it getting arty is very difficult to do.

The commander needs to be looked at, and possibly changed.
21 Sep 2015, 15:16 PM

Increase the cooldown of a strafe by I don't know, 100 seconds if the plane got shot down

Soviet lend lease drop is garbage just because of okw base defences
21 Sep 2015, 15:25 PM

The main problem with this is the resource conversion.
The plane call-ins are useful abilities and aren't problematic on their own, but because they can be spammed with the conversion, they are unfair.

It needs to be brought inline with the Soviet Lend Lease fuel drop, which has a worse conversion ratio (100mu/30fu compared to 50fu/125mu) and Lend Lease uses a big slow plane which gets shat on by OKW flak and makes it a 100mu gamble if you're not vs pure Ostheer, (not to mention the generally better AA that axis have) whereas CAS is instant conversion, which then can be converted again into air strikes and panzershrecks and LMGs etc etc.
21 Sep 2015, 16:09 PM

The main problem with this is the resource conversion.
The plane call-ins are useful abilities and aren't problematic on their own, but because they can be spammed with the conversion, they are unfair.

It needs to be brought inline with the Soviet Lend Lease fuel drop, which has a worse conversion ratio (100mu/30fu compared to 50fu/125mu) and Lend Lease uses a big slow plane which gets shat on by OKW flak and makes it a 100mu gamble if you're not vs pure Ostheer, (not to mention the generally better AA that axis have) whereas CAS is instant conversion, which then can be converted again into air strikes and panzershrecks and LMGs etc etc.

They should either:

A.) Make it like lend lease tactics planes so there is risk
B.) Lower the amount of munitions even much further because there is no risk
C.) Get rid of the munitions conversation all together and make it slightly cheaper to use abilities or just leave the same and make them rely on capping things like everyone else.

I propose A.
21 Sep 2015, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 08:12 AMCorsin

You mean like the IL2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oYwMAxOu4k

The CAS stukka dive bomb cant 1 shot a KV1...

Yet an IL2 strike can 1 shot an elefant.

Or the IL2 Tank hunter tactics, that has a carpet bomb effect...

And the Brit commando "Air supremacy" bombing run can 1 shot pretty much anything under it, Including OKW trucks, Which again the stukka couldnt do.

Tell me which would u rather CAS have? lol

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgTudJVFjYQ
Or This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UEFqg5mbDM

Seems abit "rich" to be complaining about an ability which is alot more expensive per bang and makes a loud noise letting everyone in the game know where its gonna land. When the allies have far more potent and cost-efficient devastating bomb drops.

ahh i see
22 Sep 2015, 05:07 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 08:24 AMCorsin

Referring to actual damage/stats/capability/effect/cost-efficiency.

Not to what happens once a week.

He asked why allies didnt get anything as "powerful"

Im simply pointing out they already have things far more powerful.

CAS was pretty OP a few patches ago, now its not. I think that we overreact sometimes when you have a bad game
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★