Login

russian armor

Soviets since the last patch

20 Jun 2013, 20:48 PM

A lot of people have complained about the balance of the flame units. I've given up with beta (my wooden PC can't cope) so I haven't been on the "firing" end of these tactics, however it sounds like they have legitiment reasons.

My concern is that Relic will then overnerf these units and they will turn into the equivalent of the flame HT and Sherman crocodile of vCOH. Which are so unused they may as well be removed from the game. And I want the flame units to have a bit of lethality in them, it's one of the few redeeming features in the sequel.
20 Jun 2013, 20:55 PM

A good fix would have been from the beginning to vastly reduce flame damage vs. retreating units.
After all, they're running out of the flames and would be hard to hit with any other weapon but vehicle flamers still seem to hit 100% of the time.
20 Jun 2013, 20:55 PM

Crocodile unused? It saw a lot of epic action in the last CoH1 SNF :D
20 Jun 2013, 20:57 PM

I don't remember that.....:blush: Who used it?

I thought the saying was if you got a Croc out you were either going to lose or were winning the game and just trolling the opponent.
20 Jun 2013, 21:34 PM
Patrion 14

I have to agree with CombatMuffin about the M3 fuel cost... just a tiny tweak would (a) reward good soviet micro and (b) punish spam. I think all of us who enjoy 1 v 1 at whatever level can get behind that.
20 Jun 2013, 21:39 PM
Patrion 14

Just to be clear: I'm playing Soviets too, at a 40 / 60 ratio to Wehr. Am doing well at 2 v 2 where the Germans *really* struggle against the sheer capping power of the Sovs.

I only made 2 x CE and 2 x scripts then transitioned into T2 for MGs and ZiS. My teammate went AC with flamer (just one). We were evenly matched and I felt the Ostheer players' pain.

My early ZiS (my sixth unit) totally pwned the early german infanty / mg rush - that bombard makes it a mortar. My guards units then fended off the AC / halfie breakout attempt - by this stage I'm now making 3 x Staghounds... oooops T34s and it's GG.

I think the Ost made one PIV which I cheesed with Ram, nades and my teammates 85.

Seriously, I'm playing both sides of the coin. Sovs are OP.

Edit: Dammit the only reason I care is because I love this fucking game! even when it's bad it's good! :)
21 Jun 2013, 12:50 PM

A good first step (as already mentione in this thread) would be to tweak (the non-existant?) retreat modifiers vs flame damage across the board (both for SU and OH).

Everything else can be tweaked later imo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★