Login

russian armor

About mortars and panthers

15 Sep 2015, 08:12 AM

Guys, don't you think that after all these nerfs Soviet mortars've become pure SHIT?

I can't see a reason to build it. Is Relic insane? They nerfed PM41 to shit. It cannot win against ANY Axis counterpart (leIG18, GrW34, mortar halftruck), has very slow rate of fire and bad accuracy. Relic do loves to give shitty vet1 abilities to Soviet units (flares, flares everywhere and some 'capture the territory') so they remove "Precision Strike" too. I think, PM41 MUST be buffed. And please don't tell me about German GrW34 nerf (ROF from 2.6 sec to 4 sec), it's still superior, stays in T1 and COSTS THE SAME as poor Soviet counterpart.

Now about Panther. Honestly, I can't find a reason to call-in a Tiger when I have this non-doctrinal killing machine. Please explain why this bitch literally annihilate everything - infantry, armor, buildings? It hasn't any weak points. IS-2 cannot kill Panther 1on1. When it gets no-brainer abilities like smoke and blitzkrieg it becomes unstoppable. Is it fucking joke? I had a replay with F1-Panter - it moves like GARDENing Schumacher even with damaged engine. Relic, please nerf something (speed, armor, vet1 ability, machingun upgrade or backwards speed) - it's too overperforming and can act against ANY target.
15 Sep 2015, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 08:12 AMrejfor
Guys, don't you think that after all these nerfs Soviet mortars've become pure SHIT?

I can't see a reason to build it. Is Relic insane? They nerfed PM41 to shit. It cannot win against ANY Axis counterpart (leIG18, GrW34, mortar halftruck), has very slow rate of fire and bad accuracy. Relic do loves to give shitty vet1 abilities to Soviet units (flares, flares everywhere and some 'capture the territory') so they remove "Precision Strike" too. I think, PM41 MUST be buffed. And please don't tell me about German GrW34 nerf (ROF from 2.6 sec to 4 sec), it's still superior, stays in T1 and COSTS THE SAME as poor Soviet counterpart.

Now about Panther. Honestly, I can't find a reason to call-in a Tiger when I have this non-doctrinal killing machine. Please explain why this bitch literally annihilate everything - infantry, armor, buildings? It hasn't any weak points. IS-2 cannot kill Panther 1on1. When it gets no-brainer abilities like smoke and blitzkrieg it becomes unstoppable. Is it fucking joke? I had a replay with F1-Panter - it moves like GARDENing Schumacher even with damaged engine. Relic, please nerf something (speed, armor, vet1 ability, machingun upgrade or backwards speed) - it's too overperforming and can act against ANY target.

- With Wher mortar nerf, sov mortar will be in a better place, he is more accurate than wher one, and ( at least against wher ) attacking 4 entity squads, and wher is attacking 6 entity squads
- Are you really comparing Tiger anti infantry and panther ? Panther is shitty against infantry, for real, even with MG
- IS2 don't loose against Panther
- Back speed = speed going forward, and its the same for all tanks, its lelic fault
- Do you know the tech price and the price for a panther itself ?
15 Sep 2015, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 08:29 AMBlalord

- With Wher mortar nerf, sov mortar will be in a better place, he is more accurate than wher one, and ( at least against wher ) attacking 4 entity squads, and wher is attacking 6 entity squads
- Are you really comparing Tiger anti infantry and panther ? Panther is shitty against infantry, for real, even with MG
- Back speed = speed going forward, and its the same for all tanks, its lelic fault
- Do you know the tech price and the price for a panther itself ?

Dude, Panther kills infantry better than T34-76 thanks to MG upgrade which doesn't miss as T34 gun. Remember times when M3 was a real threat for all infantry because its speed was equal back speed? It nerfed today and you won't escape from grenadier's faust when moving backwards. I think Panther needs the same.
And about tech price - Soviets cannot build IS-1 in Soviet T4! I'm ready to pay 600 mp and 180 fuel for it but for some reason only Germans can have non-doctrinal heavy tanks like Panther and KT.
15 Sep 2015, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 08:42 AMrejfor

Dude, Panther kills infantry better than T34-76 thanks to MG upgrade which doesn't miss as T34 gun. Remember times when M3 was a real threat for all infantry because its speed was equal back speed? It nerfed today and you won't escape from grenadier's faust when moving backwards. I think Panther needs the same.
And about tech price - Soviets cannot build IS-1 in Soviet T4! I'm ready to pay 600 mp and 180 fuel for it but for some reason only Germans can have non-doctrinal heavy tanks like Panther and KT.

- Comparing panther pintle MG with T34 gun that can kill multiple entities ?
- I remember times where M3 was toxic cause snipers could go inside ... and M3 flamers is just stupid ( i am not a fan of cpt Molo gameplay )
- You can have Soviet T4 way before Wher can have T4, you can have multiples T34-76, even T34-85 before a single panther hit the field
- Post a replay where a panther ruined your life, maybe we can help you to find out that the panther is not 100% in cause here
15 Sep 2015, 08:51 AM

Better calm down first before posting man.
Panther pintle MG does not kill infantry better than T34/76 and the wehr mortar is getting nerfed so the two units are aligned better.
15 Sep 2015, 08:56 AM

For the record, I'd rather have seen the PM-41 buffed than the GrW-34 nerfed.
15 Sep 2015, 09:07 AM
Patrion 14

Remember times when M3 was a real threat for all infantry because its speed was equal back speed? It nerfed today and you won't escape from grenadier's faust when moving backwards.

That's utter bullshit. The game engine doesn't allow for different forward and reverse speeds. The M3 is just as fast backwards as it is forward, like all other vehicles in the game.
15 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM

It is like we are not playing the same game :p. How can you compare a panther and a Tigre/IS2? Dont know for you, but for me the pintle MG just allow the PV to have a little bit of AI power in thoses man vs machine engagenents. Nothing to compare with the squadwhipe provided by the heavy's.
15 Sep 2015, 09:11 AM

I got the feeling that you're talking about the OKW Panther, which can kill infantry quite good. Ostheer panther is just a piece of crap against infantry.
15 Sep 2015, 09:13 AM

Now about Panther. Honestly, I can't find a reason to call-in a Tiger when I have this non-doctrinal killing machine. Please explain why this bitch literally annihilate everything - infantry, armor, buildings? It hasn't any weak points.

...Ummm, you confused it maybe with the... churchill?

IS-2 cannot kill Panther 1on1.

15 Sep 2015, 09:27 AM

Permanently Banned
IS2 with triple armor bulletin :megusta:
DeC
15 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

OKW should pay 200 Fuel for the panther or vet 2 survivality buffs removed altogether. Iiirc the developer admitted there are many frustrating bullshit and they are trying to reduce it. This one should be a priority.
15 Sep 2015, 09:50 AM

15 Sep 2015, 09:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 08:49 AMBlalord

- Comparing panther pintle MG with T34 gun that can kill multiple entities ?
- I remember times where M3 was toxic cause snipers could go inside ... and M3 flamers is just stupid ( i am not a fan of cpt Molo gameplay )
- You can have Soviet T4 way before Wher can have T4, you can have multiples T34-76, even T34-85 before a single panther hit the field
- Post a replay where a panther ruined your life, maybe we can help you to find out that the panther is not 100% in cause here

Now m3 is ok thanks to nerfed reverse speed. Soviet T4 =/= Wehr T4. And maybe it's my luck but t34 can reliably kill infantry only crushing them not shooting. I'll post replay with F1-Panther after 5-6 hours.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:13 AMJohnnyB

...Ummm, you confused it maybe with the... churchill?

Ok, Churchill is a good example but you see - every German faction has non-doctrinal heavy tank but not Allies. And yeah, I can't beat fucking Panther with my IS-2 - it usually either kills me or just escapes with blitz and smoke.

I got the feeling that you're talking about the OKW Panther, which can kill infantry quite good. Ostheer panther is just a piece of crap against infantry.

Well, maybe you're right, really I can't say for sure.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:09 AMKozokus
It is like we are not playing the same game :p. How can you compare a panther and a Tigre/IS2? Dont know for you, but for me the pintle MG just allow the PV to have a little bit of AI power in thoses man vs machine engagenents. Nothing to compare with the squadwhipe provided by the heavy's.

Man, I compared AI abilities of T34-76 which is supposed to be good against infantry and Panther which is supposed to be good against armor only. But this 'animal' is good literally against anything and doesn't suffer from low speed like Tiger and IS-2.
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:07 AMCptEend

That's utter bullshit. The game engine doesn't allow for different forward and reverse speeds. The M3 is just as fast backwards as it is forward, like all other vehicles in the game.

I can't escape from grens with my m3 backspeed - it's too slow. Maybe it's my bad luck again and I'm wrong, ok. What about acceleration time? Is it takes longer to reach maximum speed when you're moving backwards?
15 Sep 2015, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:54 AMrejfor

Ok, Churchill is a good example but you see - every German faction has non-doctrinal heavy tank but not Allies. And yeah, I can't beat fucking Panther with my IS-2 - it usually either kills me or just escapes with blitz and smoke.

Man, I compared AI abilities of T34-76 which is supposed to be good against infantry and Panther which is supposed to be good against armor only. But this 'animal' is good literally against anything and doesn't suffer from low speed like Tiger and IS-2.

I can't escape from grens with my m3 backspeed - it's too slow. Maybe it's my bad luck again and I'm wrong, ok. What about acceleration time? Is it takes longer to reach maximum speed when you're moving backwards?

- "But not allies" and you say Churchill to contradict yourself in the same sentence, cause fuck logic
- If you cant beat Panther with IS2, its not the game fault
- Again, Panther is shit against infantry
- Why you rushed a M3 into multiple faust range ? a M3 flamer will always beat a solo gren, always

15 Sep 2015, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 10:00 AMBlalord

- "But not allies" and you say Churchill to contradict yourself in the same sentence, cause fuck logic
- If you cant beat Panther with IS2, its not the game fault
- Again, Panther is shit against infantry
- Why you rushed a M3 into multiple faust range ? a M3 flamer will always beat a solo gren, always

Allies are USF, Brits and Soviets. Only Brits have non-doctrinal heavy tank. Axis are Wehr and OKW, both have heavy non-doctrinal tank so I definitely can say that EVERY Axis faction has non-doctrinal heavy tank but not EVERY Allied faction. Where is fuck logic?
IS-2 is supposed to be good against heavies including Panther but fucking Blitz with smoke screen help Panther to escape without any punishment. It's really hard to kill Panther with IS-2 in 1on1 fight. As I said it either kills you or just escapes.

Maybe I'm not good with clown car, ok but I can't manage to survive when I'm moving backwards with M3.
15 Sep 2015, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 10:11 AMrejfor

Allies are USF, Brits and Soviets. Only Brits have non-doctrinal heavy tank. Axis are Wehr and OKW, both have heavy non-doctrinal tank so I definitely can say that EVERY Axis faction has non-doctrinal heavy tank but not EVERY Allied faction. Where is fuck logic?
IS-2 is supposed to be good against heavies including Panther but fucking Blitz with smoke screen help Panther to escape without any punishment. It's really hard to kill Panther with IS-2 in 1on1 fight. As I said it either kills you or just escapes.

Maybe I'm not good with clown car, ok but I can't manage to survive when I'm moving backwards with M3.

Panther cant win a 1v1 duel against an IS2 ( but can leave the fight ), a snared tank is a dead tank, try to At nade him, or use mines ( you will float munitions with soviets )

And panther is not a "real" heavy, lets say is more like a "good armored" medium tank hunter, Panther was classified as heavy for allies, but medium for axis

With M3 you have 2 options:

- Engage at distance, M3 going back kite gren easily
- Engage Solo gren ( or even better, Assgren, Pio's, MG, Mortar, Sniper, non upgraded pgrens) with M3 flamer, cause 2 faust will "one shot you", when a Solo gren will just die against M3 Flamer, 1 faust will not be enough to kill M3

15 Sep 2015, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 10:29 AMBlalord

Panther cant win a 1v1 duel against an IS2 ( but can leave the fight ), a snared tank is a dead tank, try to At nade him, or use mines ( you will float munitions with soviets )

And panther is not a "real" heavy, lets say is more like a "good armored" medium tank hunter, Panther was classified as heavy for allies, but medium for axis

With M3 you have 2 options:

- Engage at distance, M3 going back kite gren easily
- Engage Solo gren ( or even better, Assgren, Pio's, MG, Mortar, Sniper, non upgraded pgrens) with M3 flamer, cause 2 faust will "one shot you", when a Solo gren will just die against M3 Flamer, 1 faust will not be enough to kill M3

Why do you call it medium? It's closer to heavies not to mediums. Anyway I'd prefer Panther to IS2 - the closest Soviet non-doctrinal analogue is T34-76 (ha-ha), shittiest medium tank in the game. Lone Panther will be destroyed by combine mines/at-nades and IS-2 for sure if Axis player is stupid enough not to use blitz and smoke. But it never acts on its own. Blobs and packs usually support it. So destroying this piece of junk becomes even more harder. I think, Panther definitely needs nerf - armor and/or speed.
15 Sep 2015, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 10:43 AMrejfor

Why do you call it medium? It's closer to heavies not to mediums. Anyway I'd prefer Panther to IS2 - the closest Soviet non-doctrinal analogue is T34-76 (ha-ha), shittiest medium tank in the game. Lone Panther will be destroyed by combine mines/at-nades and IS-2 for sure if Axis player is stupid enough not to use blitz and smoke. But it never acts on its own. Blobs and packs usually support it. So destroying this piece of junk becomes even more harder. I think, Panther definitely needs nerf - armor and/or speed.

And your glorious IS-2 is not supported by an ATG and maybe a maxim/shock squad? Or maybe use incendiary barrage on their PaKwall? IS-2 is not an iWin button, neither is Panther.

This looks like a rage post. There are guys here trying to help you, listen to them instead of repeating you argument. Provide a replay and ask strategists for help dude.
15 Sep 2015, 11:00 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:54 AMrejfor

Yeah, I think acceleration was nerfed a while ago. But that affects forward speed as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 831
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment