Login

russian armor

SEPTEMBER 17TH PATCH NOTES

PAGES (9)down
15 Sep 2015, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 13:52 PMRollo
I see Ost are really going to struggle vs USF now, especially rifle company. Their early game has been hit by a sledgehammer (rightly so in some espects eg: sniper) and USF lategame has been buffed considerably while keeping their early advantage.

The finals of OCF will be rifle and E8 spam against tiger and Pak walls. Calling it now

More like Infantry Company, Schu mines on Rifleman + buffed Priest + Buffed Mortar HT.
15 Sep 2015, 14:32 PM

no FHQ cost changes...
15 Sep 2015, 14:33 PM
Donator 11

Great patch, GJ Relic! Really nothing that will alter the game drastically for the first 4 factions and I love the useability changes and bug fixes. I have a feeling brits will need to see a couple more rounds of tweaks before being in a good spot however.
15 Sep 2015, 14:35 PM

They still havent adressed the problem of 25 pounders and with it the problem of the royal artillery =(. It has no aoe or precision. Worst on map non doc solution currently(ye, because you get it for free it should be absolutely bad).

Also sextons fires only 5 shots, while having no AOE at all(while other doctrinal arty have more rounds per barrage).
Also the rotation of the 25 pounders is extremely slow. It seems like its a PAK43 with its rotation, while its alot alot lighter.
Also the Fire rate is slower than on the 105, which makes no sense. It a smaller round and its faster to reload.
15 Sep 2015, 14:43 PM

The finals of OCF will be rifle and E8 spam against tiger and Pak walls. Calling it now

Excellent.
15 Sep 2015, 14:47 PM

For future patches, if there will be no more nerfs for brits, for OKW some buffs will be needed.
Probably OKW will be competitive against brits if the resources penalties will be removed, which will mean totally screwing up things. And all because brits are a terrible designed faction, they ruined the balance the moment they arrived, as I was expecting. Untill they appeared, the meta was kinda' allied stronger in early game, axis stronger in lategame. With an allied faction so strong in lategame, multiplayer combined games (brits + any other allied faction) will result in allied being stronger at any moment in the game = > lack of balance.
Terrible outcome, and I'm afraid patches won't be able to fix enough things. If nerfed just a bit like in this patch, brits will still be OP. If nerfed to much, they would become useless. :facepalm:
15 Sep 2015, 14:47 PM

Most of these look to be in good order, but changes to German heavies is unwise. If the German heavy tanks are going to get better at vet 0 then their counterparts need to be brought in line. For instance the IS2 is now outright worse next to the Tiger. It receives no buffs until vet 2 (vet 1 is useless) and until then the Tiger I and II will now out range it. This is in spite of the fact that German AT has higher penetration values, and as such is more of a threat to IS-2, than Soviet AT is to German tanks.

Buffs to ISG are also unwarranted as this unit performs above cost currently.

Did Jagdpanzer active "mind control" camo get a fix with the modification to cloaked retreating infantry?
15 Sep 2015, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:31 AMJadame!
I love how all british stuff which, while unarguably being op, was only thing keeping them in a game was nerfed and nothing given in exchange (well, scoped lee bugfix and 200mp cost reduction on tech is nice and stuff, but still it would not be enough to survive against 222spam, indirect fire spam and snipers).

And with brace nerf all emplacements can R.I.P.

Brits going to be worst faction in a game until their t0 stuff is buffed. I am looking exactly at vickers (vet ability, suppression buffs?) tommies (make bren good weapon for flanking, slightly reduce reinforcement cost?) uc (buff health and armor?)

Thinking exactly the same thing here.

Those nerfed one were the only things giving the Brit and edge... now the beginning phase will be rather hard for them.

Except for the LeIG buff and Brits overnerf, it's still a good patch, thanks Relic.
15 Sep 2015, 14:54 PM
Donator 11

Thinking exactly the same thing here.

Those nerfed one were the only things giving the Brit and edge... now the beginning phase will be rather hard for them.

Except for the LeIG buff and Brits overnerf, it's still a good patch, thanks Relic.

Well they had had a few sops - a handful of manpower saved on teching and their twin ostheer nemesis snipers and mortars have both been nerfed
15 Sep 2015, 15:08 PM

Dunno if we'll be seeing many brit emplacements with that brace nerf.

Guess thats a good or a bad thing depending on your disposition.
15 Sep 2015, 15:09 PM

Most of these look to be in good order, but changes to German heavies is unwise. If the German heavy tanks are going to get better at vet 0 then their counterparts need to be brought in line. For instance the IS2 is now outright worse next to the Tiger. It receives no buffs until vet 2 (vet 1 is useless) and until then the Tiger I and II will now out range it. This is in spite of the fact that German AT has higher penetration values, and as such is more of a threat to IS-2, than Soviet AT is to German tanks.

Buffs to ISG are also unwarranted as this unit performs above cost currently.

Did Jagdpanzer active "mind control" camo get a fix with the modification to cloaked retreating infantry?

Ah yes, the IS2 worse in every ray except having only 10 less pen at far and 10 more at close, a better MG against LV's and higher base speed. It's gun also have a better AoE profile so even with less scatter it still preforms well versus infantry (especially infantry in cover due to it's overshoot value). The Tiger I was just brought up to the IS2's level, they will both have the same range at Vet 2.

The Tiger II buff was/is absolutely fine consider it's base speed/acceleration still makes it easy to kite. Also interesting point about the whole German AT value thing were Allies now have the 6 pounder and the ZiS gun only has 10 less pen than a Pak40 anyway.
15 Sep 2015, 15:30 PM

just curious about what "data optimization" means, they maybe addressed the memory leakage thingy? didn't they? :P hope dies last ^^
15 Sep 2015, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 10:30 AMBanillo

the animation for the nade is the same so it takes the same time to throw them fyi. the only problem is the animation is bugged so they throw the nades faster then they should

Like someone pointed out earlier Conscripts have to spend Manpower/Fuel to unlock molotovs as well.
15 Sep 2015, 15:45 PM
Donator 11

just curious about what "data optimization" means, they maybe addressed the memory leakage thingy? didn't they? :P hope dies last ^^

This is almost certainly just tidying up unit values and removing some additional layers when making calculations in game - they have mentioned this before in the context of removing the blanket +25% received accuracy for weapons teams and coding that into the actual weapon values so the engine didn't have to apply it as a separate part of the calculation. I expect it has zero impact on performance
15 Sep 2015, 15:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 08:51 AMStafkeh
I love the notes :o Good job Relic! Can't wait to test them out :hansGASM:
Cold Tech is disabled in Automatches. AWWWW YEAH!!! Snow maps here I come!

Not sure why people want to have incendiary grenades on sturmpio's...

Most of all, because they don't want to loose the normal grenade, if I had to guess. At least that's my reason.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:36 AMKatitof
Inc nades should have animation just as long as molotovs.

There isn't a single balance reason why inc nade should be better then molo in this regard.

it costs more (plus reduced income)

That aside, the 'street riot'-like throw animation of molotovs is really just befitting of that one thing (molotovs, that is). It is not suiting for an incendiary grenade that was created in a factory. Keep in mind that the grenade model in the preview was probablly not finalized. The incendiary will probablly look similar (if not same) to regular german grenades. Why should they throw these in a different way?
15 Sep 2015, 16:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Was it gonna be any different even without this patch :romeoMug:

PD: where is SU and IS2 ?
15 Sep 2015, 16:59 PM

Ah yes, the IS2 worse in every ray except having only 10 less pen at far and 10 more at close, a better MG against LV's and higher base speed. It's gun also have a better AoE profile so even with less scatter it still preforms well versus infantry (especially infantry in cover due to it's overshoot value). The Tiger I was just brought up to the IS2's level, they will both have the same range at Vet 2.

The Tiger II buff was/is absolutely fine consider it's base speed/acceleration still makes it easy to kite. Also interesting point about the whole German AT value thing were Allies now have the 6 pounder and the ZiS gun only has 10 less pen than a Pak40 anyway.

Couple of things here. IS-2 shoots at higher armored targets, so its higher penetration values only allow it to get a chance to penetrate the harder target. They are also shooting at tanks with high speed frequently (blitz), and often tanks that have excellent cover in the form of smoke. All these things make the time required for an average kill go up.

If you think the IS2 with its slower reload and less accuracy is better at gibbing inf, then you don't play enough. IS2 can only hit infantry if they stand near cover and the IS2 gets lucky. Infantry always provide a reliable threat to IS2 since it is unlikely to wipe in one shot even when it does hit, and the long reload basically guarantees the squad can retreat to safety. The Tiger is far more lethal to inf, especially our new smaller Allied squad sizes. For instance, use attack ground with a tiger to always get the shell to land in the middle of a squad to ensure maximum damage.

Course they will both have the same range at vet 2, but you did not notice I said that in my comment. Only they Tiger will have 5 more range until vet 2. Which is kind of a big deal since that means it will always get the first shot.

The Tiger II is a fortress around which your attack hinges. It is the most skilless version of a tank in the game, and this only stresses that point. Since it cannot chase and it has insanely high damage it just sits still and destroys all within its range. When it takes damage it falls back gets repaired and moves back to the line. Its blitz is too slow to help it chase down tanks so it just uses it to try to escape. Nothing redeeming in this tank, and now it will always get the first shot on attacking tanks. Upping the micro requirement for allied players and lowering it for the German player. It should have been made cheaper and faster.

Indeed the Zis has good penetration which is compensated for by its terrible, absolutely basement, fire rate. So your basic argument is that if the 6-pounder can reliably penetrate Tiger from the front the tank deserves a buff? I assume all Allied tanks are well overdue for a buff then since the pak is like a knife through butter and almost all Axis AT always penetrates Allied tanks, besides Axis having the best snares, the best vet levels, the best abilities for AT, the most AT, and the best command structure allowing them to access it whenever they need.

If the plan is to buff the Tiger, what is the purpose of that? Is it to encourage Axis tanks to be more suitable to engage on their own? Is it to make the Axis more flexible? I don't want to see more Tigers and Tiger II's. I want to see more players digging into their tier structure and picking the right tool for the job.
15 Sep 2015, 17:10 PM

I dont agree with removing the TAs stun ability at all. If anything add another ability to replace itm such as injured gunner or automatic repairs.
15 Sep 2015, 17:14 PM

I dont agree with removing the TAs stun ability at all. If anything add another ability to replace itm such as injured gunner or automatic repairs.

the gunner of the tiger ace crew injures himself for 50 munitions :snfPeter:
15 Sep 2015, 17:15 PM
Patrion 15

The tool tip for the vet 3 bonus for the 251 still states that that it gets a larger reinforcement radius.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak