Login

russian armor

Stats

13 Sep 2015, 14:35 PM

This is more of a general question rather than a comment on balance.

But according to the stats of the top 150 players, and I am aiming this mostly at 1v1 and 2v2.

But USF are currently the second strongest faction in 1v1 and 2v2 with OKW being the weakest.

What I am confused about is that USF are often called the weakest faction by a large margin with OKW often being considered either to strong or just slightly above par.

But if this is true I don't get why within the top 150 players, USF would have the second highest win ratio with OKW being the weakest? If USF are 'uplayable' and 'to weak' then surely at high ranks then USF would completely just drop off.

Even not looking at stats but if you look at the leaderboards, extremely high win streaks on USF while OKW are sitting on extremely low win streaks and multiple loss streaks.

I want to point out though I am completely clueless about this and that's why I am trying to get some clarification. Even if you set the stats back quite a while back then you will pretty much see the same thing, with at times OKW almost completely falling off. Even watching streams of top players, players seem to have a much easier time as USF than with OKW.
13 Sep 2015, 14:54 PM
Donator 11

13 Sep 2015, 15:03 PM
Donator 11

What I am confused about is that USF are often called the weakest faction by a large margin with OKW often being considered either to strong or just slightly above par...

Besides a few fanboys, next to nobody is calling them weak, because they aren't.
Difference though is their gameplay. If a game goes into later stages, they tax you with a lot of additional micro (in comparison to other factions), which makes them annoying to play.
If you can't handle the micro pressure, you gonna lose by default. If you can, you gonna feel like you lost, even if you win.

And OKW has been kinda (over-)nerfed patch by patch, but they still scale very nicely in team games with backup - thin line to balance here :(

just my 2 cents.
13 Sep 2015, 15:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Don't believe... KNOW USF OP
13 Sep 2015, 19:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

http://coh2chart.com/

This week on 1v1.
OH: 0.713
OKW: 0.597
SU: 0.625
USF: 0.685

I wonder why*.
*OH trolls UKF been the most popular faction atm.

Notes:
-there are 3 times the amount of games as OH in comparison to either USF/SU on 1v1.
-From 2v2 onwards, random top151 W/L has revert drastically. Before brits, OKW/OH had a slight higher % on 2v2 and really higher on 3v3+. Nowadays it's average .75-8 (not as crazy as the .9 for OH/OKW which has been going for the last months).

13 Sep 2015, 19:44 PM
Donator 11

Is there any possibility to see the statistics for only the top 20 players? I think that the skill level is completely different between ranks 1-20 and 131-150, and in a serious comparison between factions you should compare only the statistics for the absolute top skill players.
13 Sep 2015, 20:54 PM

http://coh2chart.com/

This week on 1v1.
OH: 0.713
OKW: 0.597
SU: 0.625
USF: 0.685

I wonder why*.
*OH trolls UKF been the most popular faction atm.

Notes:
-there are 3 times the amount of games as OH in comparison to either USF/SU on 1v1.
-From 2v2 onwards, random top151 W/L has revert drastically. Before brits, OKW/OH had a slight higher % on 2v2 and really higher on 3v3+. Nowadays it's average .75-8 (not as crazy as the .9 for OH/OKW which has been going for the last months).

As far as 1v1 goes, looking back all the way to May OKW has been fairly lacking while USF has almost always been above.

I mean during nearly any week, USF has been performing better in 1v1 which is why I have been confused about USF being stated as the 1v1 underdog and OKW preforming to strong in 1v1, if you look at the comparison lines, apart from random spikes you see USF always preforming better than OKW.

2v2 is quite interesting though, if you go to the day Brits came out you see OKW suddenly shoot to the bottom while USF suddenly rises, possibly showing how strong a brit/usf combo can be?

13 Sep 2015, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 15:03 PMkamk

Besides a few fanboys, next to nobody is calling them weak, because they aren't.
Difference though is their gameplay. If a game goes into later stages, they tax you with a lot of additional micro (in comparison to other factions), which makes them annoying to play.
If you can't handle the micro pressure, you gonna lose by default. If you can, you gonna feel like you lost, even if you win.

And OKW has been kinda (over-)nerfed patch by patch, but they still scale very nicely in team games with backup - thin line to balance here :(

just my 2 cents.

I could be wrong but it does seem this way
13 Sep 2015, 21:10 PM

USF is very boring. I almost only play 2s and teammate support reduces the required micro a bit, but they are boring.
13 Sep 2015, 21:14 PM
Patrion 28

OKW is much stronger in team games because they're their fuel deficiency is compensated for.
13 Sep 2015, 22:51 PM

OKW is much stronger in team games because they're their fuel deficiency is compensated for.

Not sure what relevance this has about a post about 1v1 and 2v2? But even in 3v3 and 4v4 they are currently lower.
14 Sep 2015, 07:42 AM
Patrion 28

Not sure what relevance this has about a post about 1v1 and 2v2? But even in 3v3 and 4v4 they are currently lower.

because most people play team games they perceive OKW as exceptionally strong.
14 Sep 2015, 07:55 AM

It is a common sense that OKW sucks at early game and rocks at late game, while in the same time, Lelic announces that OKW sucks at late game and rocks at early game. The reality is the combination of these two: OKW neither do well in early game, nor can they rock at late game.

Lelic plz at least make one of these statements come true.:foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 118
unknown 23
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %