Login

russian armor

How to solve the AFK problem:

12 Sep 2015, 12:21 PM

There is just more and more AFK players in the game. I dunno where the hell are they coming from, but the game could use a system to solve this problem- make it work like this: When the player doesn't do anything, not even moves a camera for more than 8 seconds, the AI will take over the control of his army. And if he returns and clicks with a mouse, he will get the control back immidiately.
12 Sep 2015, 12:41 PM

Well the thing is atm that it can take ages to find a game as allies.... i guess it wil get better with time.
12 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

Other games have a voting feature where the rest of the players can vote to kick.
12 Sep 2015, 15:08 PM

No if I have to step away for 30-60 seconds I don't want the dumbass AI to lose my stuff.
12 Sep 2015, 15:45 PM

Exactly, if i want to watch TV for 10 minutes i dont want AI to lose my stuff
12 Sep 2015, 15:46 PM

sorry mate but if you hate AFKERS play with a buddy 2vs2 or alone 1vs1

If you want 3vs3 pr 4vs4(where leavers are very common) then just deal with it
12 Sep 2015, 15:47 PM

how about a "ready-button" in the loading screen. If someone doesn't click it within lets's say 2min, people can vote whether to start the game with AI or go back to search screen

edit: bad idea, will be abused when matched vs good players
12 Sep 2015, 19:12 PM

No if I have to step away for 30-60 seconds I don't want the dumbass AI to lose my stuff.

Sure, but sitting on the spot where you left them and not moving will really help them, right? Especially in the artilerry phase of the match when you are not safe even in your base.

sorry mate but if you hate AFKERS play with a buddy 2vs2 or alone 1vs1

If you want 3vs3 pr 4vs4(where leavers are very common) then just deal with it

I play with buddies sometimes and i also don't feel like "oh, my life is lost and wasted" when i meet an AFK, but why should we deal with something that CAN be fixed?

12 Sep 2015, 19:34 PM

Permanently Banned
There is just more and more AFK players in the game. I dunno where the hell are they coming from, but the game could use a system to solve this problem- make it work like this: When the player doesn't do anything, not even moves a camera for more than 8 seconds, the AI will take over the control of his army. And if he returns and clicks with a mouse, he will get the control back immidiately.

Wouldn't this simply give a situation where players will warspoil farm by just starting a game, alt-tabbing out of it and going to YouTube or do something else since the AI will take over anyway.
12 Sep 2015, 20:56 PM

Sure, but sitting on the spot where you left them and not moving will really help them, right? Especially in the artilerry phase of the match when you are not safe even in your base.

AI waits too long to retreat hurt units, does really dumb things with support units like charging AT guns recklessly, and makes units you don't want. I had to AFK for two whole minutes in a vcoh game a few weeks ago and before I got up I retreated everything and moved AT guns to my base. Lost almost all my map control but came back because I still had all my units, eventually came back and won thanks to AI not doing dumb shit.
12 Sep 2015, 21:08 PM

I play with buddies sometimes and i also don't feel like "oh, my life is lost and wasted" when i meet an AFK, but why should we deal with something that CAN be fixed?

if someone doesnt have the will to fight on dont punish him

13 Sep 2015, 01:25 AM

Simply add a vote to kick option. Hardly rocket science.
13 Sep 2015, 09:02 AM

So long as the AI that takes over doesn't get resource cheats, I think this would be a good idea. I can only imagine people not playing for 8 seconds (should be longer) so they can get extra income. xD
13 Sep 2015, 15:35 PM

Simply add a vote to kick option. Hardly rocket science.

But if you kick someone, he cannot get the control back when he returns.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 24
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment